Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #19559

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
We had a huge storm go through our area yesterday. It lasted all day. Lightning, torrential rain, wind. Trees down, power lines down. Our crews worked till 3 AM. I was back at it at 5:30AM.

Man, being on call sucks!

This is a picture of a tree that was struck by lightning in my neighbors yard around 5:00PM yesterday. That tree is about 150 from where my house is.

Close!
I just realized what that tree reminds me of. My hair.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #19560

Good morning...
Sure wish I was still snug in bed... Pup wanted up early today, so when she takes her nap in an hour, i will too. In the meantime, i have already washed a load of clothes.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #19561

Thanks for the good wishes I'll be fine. In time. Where and when is the next GC.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:54 AM   #19562

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Dwayne, spurs, impingement, rotator cuff, all just scares of honor worn by the ruff and tuff like us! Been there done that and can still spoil a grand child. Getter taken care of and get ready for a son of GC!
I'll be back in your area in a few months maybe we can meet up

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:58 AM   #19563

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
I'll be back in your area in a few months maybe we can meet up
Let us know! Are planning a trip east starting in Sept., Irv2 national rally and our newest grandson arrival!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:14 AM   #19564

Ford Super Duty Owner
I want to be but I haven't figured out how to get rid of 40 years worth of stuff. Wife wants to move all our stuff out to the shop and rent the house. My dad didn't have good luck renting the house, he couldn't get them out of the house when he got back home. I have the perfect workshop but can't use it due to health problems. I have so many tools you would not believe it. Ebay?
flangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #19565

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flangley View Post
I want to be but I haven't figured out how to get rid of 40 years worth of stuff. Wife wants to move all our stuff out to the shop and rent the house. My dad didn't have good luck renting the house, he couldn't get them out of the house when he got back home. I have the perfect workshop but can't use it due to health problems. I have so many tools you would not believe it. Ebay?
First, welcome to the thread! Now tools not used, yep, I've got them too. My advice, sell them now. Once you start traveling you won't be home long enough to run ads and wait on someone to call and buy them. Ask me how I know!

Renting out your home is tricky, some people make good landlords, others just arn't! Also being a out of town landlord is really tricky and worrisome!

What we are doing is not full timing, but each trip seems to get longer and longer and when we do get home all our stuff seems to have a little less value in our eyes and easier to part with. Good luck!
Old 07-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #19566
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
I hate, I mean love (sorry) my iPhone. It is the consummate aloof electronic companion. It does what it wants regardless of what you want, kind of like a cat. Thank god for PCs, and dogs. Faithful till the end and will do what you want. I'd switch to a Samsung phone but I think my apple is listening.
ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I just realized what that tree reminds me of. My hair.
What hair? The one cowlick you have Alfalfa style?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Thanks for the good wishes I'll be fine. In time. Where and when is the next GC.
Sent you a PM. Sorry I couldn't respond to your call. Will call later.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:49 AM   #19567

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
ROFLMAO

What hair? The one cowlick you have Alfalfa style?

Sent you a PM. Sorry I couldn't respond to your call. Will call later.
Did you see the tree?

Good morning Wayne. Hope you and Earlene are having a great time. I'm sure she is enjoying having two of you around (assuming you and your brother are book ends). She must be in heaven....
Old 07-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #19568

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
I'm thinking there may be a RV Mutant trapped inside.... Tell us what your RV doesn't have and you don't miss - and affirm that the Journey is the Destination - and unleash your inner mutant!

I believe the next number up is RVM87 - it's been dangled to our friends Gar and Lisa - but they have yet to grab hold of the mutant rainbow.

Who'll be next. Step right up!! Join the fun.
Old 07-26-2014, 08:49 AM   #19569

Okmonkey (did I spell that right) It is good to hear that your friend Don is making progress. Thanks for the update.

Awww the apple vs pc vs Android debate. I was all for Apple, though didn't use them much.... but when they all went to that place over seas to be manufactured.... and the price didn't come down... pfft. Ya'll can keep them. There's also a misconception that they are immune to viruses. Hate to break it to you but they are susceptible but good luck finding an anti-virus. Just do a google search for "Known Apple computer viruses" and you fruity folks will be crapping little green apples. I get the draw... but every computer user, pc, mac, and android alike need to be informed.

Wanted to ask... any scrap-booking ladies/gents out there? Holy smokes... I just got a Fiskars Fuse Creativity die cutting/embossing/letter press machine. Thing weighs a ton but folds up to a compact package and wow is it smooth cutting and loads of fun.

On another note.... Got an advert from Lehman's today that featured an interesting sounding bbq sauce named. "Screaming Beaver" NOW THAT'S A NAME THAT CATCHES YOUR ATTENTION! lol Nearly spewed my coffee all over my computer. lol
Old 07-26-2014, 08:55 AM   #19570

Quote:
Hello:

One thing you might be able to do is rent your house in 2 week intervals as a vacation home. Of course that would depend on where you live, etc. There are companies that take care of the booking etc and it would just be a matter of having maid and maintenance service come in to clean and do repairs if needed. (maybe a trusted neighbor?)
Old 07-26-2014, 09:03 AM   #19571

Quote:

If it helps to be around others who are in the same situation ... add me to your group of "frustrated and undecided". Sort of sounds like a signature line of a Dear Abby letter, eh?

Your tool collection is part of your soul. I have that feeling too. Advice that I've been getting is to send it all to an auction. Don't go to see it sold. Too painful; you may cry. Selling individually on e-Bay is a major pain. I tried that for a while with some antiques. Feels too much like work. With the bulk of antique furniture, the auction house deal was easier. Got some nice prices on some stuff and nearly gave away other stuff. It's a crap shoot governed by the buying crowd at the time.

For the shop tools and machinery, I've yet to make the selling decision. For sure, my wife will have to sedate me before the trucks come to haul it away.

I've assembled what I think is a reasonable tool load to haul along in our bus conversion. Been through the tool bay three times since we returned from our last long trip. Each time I rummage through the tools, I try to envision how "that" tool might be useful should an on-the-road fixin' be required. If I can't imagine how I'd need a tool, then reluctantly, it goes back to my workshop where someday it will suffer the fate of being gone forever to an auction. Man ... I'm getting shaky typing this. What if I make a bad decision and send a tool off to never be seen again and I someday need it? Now I'm feeling light-headed ... help!
Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:40 AM   #19572

Vintage RV Owners Club
Dwayne.... about the next Grand curiosity....it hasn't been decided yet. They are still asking for site submissions to be posted over on www.RVMUTANTS.com .