Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2014, 10:28 PM   #20525

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Good to hear the North isn't taking over.

Harbor Duck - Hmmm - not nice - but we in the Air Force never got involved with you're Swabees and Ships Company squabbles. We had golf to play and happy hour to attend. to you both - but I'm glad I missed the boat.
Wow, haven't heard this jargon in 30 years! Love it! I was in trident Nuclear subs for 11 years, got to be Sonar Chief (E-7) best job I ever had! Never worked so little and got paid so much!

My apologies if any offense was taken by the Master Sargent!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2014, 10:49 PM   #20526

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post
Wow, haven't heard this jargon in 30 years! Love it! I was in trident Nuclear subs for 11 years, got to be Sonar Chief (E-7) best job I ever had! Never worked so little and got paid so much!

He is a Marine.... he doesn't know if he's offended or not.... LOL.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:21 PM   #20527

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Hi Herb

Good to hear you are enjoying your Trailhawk as we are our Limited. So much more civilized than the old Wrangler!

A word of warning on your forthcoming train ride back to Williams. You should know that shortly after leaving GC, you will see alongside a bunch of horse riders wearing masks. Do not be afraid! These are the Cataract Creek gang and they will stop the train, board it and come through the cars demanding money. We heard later that they needed the cash to buy breakfast at McDonalds. I've sometimes wondered if any of them have been hurt in these shows by a passenger with CC as they do carry guns.

Also, at Williams, they put on a really good gunfight show with the local sheriff who, at one point in the confrontation, has to stop to take a cell phone call from his wife! All good fun. Enjoy.

PS Re elevation - you should try visiting Lhassa, Tibet, at 12,000 ft and climbing the 300 steps up to the Kompala palace. And then go up a further 2,000 ft and jump on a Yak.

Hey Martin I will be sure to watch for those pistol packin wanna be cowboys. Regarding Tibet, this fat boy wouldn't make it at that altitude unless I had an oxygen mask on the entire time. Last year we were in the Rocky Mountain National Park and we drove up to just over 11,000 feet and got out to take pics but we never made it all the way down the walkway. First it was July but up there it was about 50 degrees and the wind was blowing at least 30 mph and gusting above that so we couldn't stop shivering which made the breathing even more difficult in our shorts and tees. Nope this fat boy much prefers to stay at the lower elevations.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #20528

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Hello there Herb and Barb! It just so happens that we are (were) planning to be in Williams this week. We had planned to be there on Thursday the 14th. We are having our patio awning replaced at the Las Vegas Camping World...................

Well, Dometic shipped the awning missing some parts, and I misplaced some bolts, so our plan is delayed. We hope to have it finished on Friday, and will get to Williams on Saturday. We plan to stay five days. If we overlap, let's say hello.

Meanwhile, a reply to Steve and Annie; "Hi" yourself! We don't really see us getting to Texas this year, but this is only August; stranger things have happened. We hope you are well. Just a note, we already had a domicile in Florida, so no, we didn't buy a place for the purpose. Jan still has kids in Clearwater, so we keep it as a home base. Actually, a base in the Texas area would give an easier opportunity for a wide-ranging field. For us, getting out to this part of the country is quite an excursion. You might want to explore setting up your base in the RGV area.

Anyway, howdy to all who may know us. Keep 'em rollin'!

Tom (with permission from Jan).

Tom we probably won't still be here Saturday cause we are meeting friends in Ruiadosa NM this weekend. We were in Vegas last week were you guys there then? Sorry we just missed ya cause a mini would definitely be in order. If your interested in a great show while there go see show at the Wynn called The Reve. Best show we ever saw in Vegas! We stayed at the Oasis in Vegas where are you guys at?
Old 08-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #20529

Just checking in. Last night we had a baby and momma bear at our site it was nice but we had to go back in because the baby was in front of us and the momma was behind us. So it was best we went inside. Hope all is good on the rainbow.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 AM   #20530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Just checking in. Last night we had a baby and momma bear at our site it was nice but we had to go back in because the baby was in front of us and the momma was behind us. So it was best we went inside. Hope all is good on the rainbow.

Wee-hooo! What an adventure! Maybe a tad more exciting than you would wish...but also a lot less exciting than it could have been. Discretion being the better part of valor and all that, you made the right decision. Whereabouts are you now?

Good to hear the rainbow is still at your feet. Any news on Shara's back? That new grandbaby? EFT for Dwayne? Curious minds, ya know.

Cheers!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:07 AM   #20531

Quote:
Or perhaps here he is...

Howdy Paul. Make that axe sing!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:13 AM   #20532
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
The link worked in the iPhone but not apparently here.

Let's see if this works
Have no fear Martin, they all worked on good computer.

Sometimes .jsp files do not play well on an iPad but there are workarounds, same for "flash."

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
That took me to the same place on my I pad.
Still walking around in circles, eh?

Quote:

Harbor Duck - Hmmm - not nice - but we in the Air Force never got involved with you're Swabees and Ships Company squabbles. We had golf to play and happy hour to attend. to you both - but I'm glad I missed the boat.
Yep! And when I was in Vietnam we used to love coming in from the field all grungy and go just inside the AFB gate to the "Dairy Queen" (soft serve ice cream.) The them song for the AF back then was "Up in to the air junior birdmen, up in to the air up side down."

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRasco View Post

Have no fear as everything here is in fun. I'm sure you have had a "ping" or two in your career. Now if you were army, I'd tell you what that stands for.

Quote:
He is a Marine.... he doesn't know if he's offended or not.... LOL.
What! What are you talking about. I don't know nuttin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Did you see Little Red Riding Hood?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #20533
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Now, for all y'all hanging around in the heat belt, we got up to 58 degrees this morning. High today will be 68 degrees. Weather has definitely been on our side this trip.

I must live right!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 AM   #20534

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Howdy Paul. Make that axe sing!
I believe Paul, Billy and Reno had as good a time at the FEGC@CL as we mutants did.

He says it was a rejuvenating adventure and has penned 3 new songs since the GC. If we get back to CL I'll be sure to get them lined up. He uses his mutant mug too.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #20535

Vintage RV Owners Club
Wayne... we still teach that song to the girls at girl camp! takes 5 boxtops...4 labels, 3 bottlecaps ...2 wrappers, and 1 thin dime... B...I ... R... D..M ...A...N... Birdman!, Birdman! Yerooommmm....!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #20536

R U an RV Mutant too?

Pepper plants are amazing producers! This is just part of a Poblano in a pot on the deck:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1408026536.363828.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	70766
It's as tall as I am and there are at least 16 baby peppers on just that portion. Double that for the whole bush.

Think how many there might have been had it been planted out!
Old 08-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #20537

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Pepper plants are amazing producers! This is just part of a Poblano in a pot on the deck:
Attachment 70766
It's as tall as I am and there are at least 16 baby peppers on just that portion. Double that for the whole bush.

Think how many there might have been had it been planted out!
None! If the deer got to it... it's good pepper weather, cooler at night warmer in day... at least around here this summer....
Old 08-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #20538

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:

Yes, us Squids were pleased to be able to get the Grunts ashore. 😉
Served with many a Marine and proud to do so. Golfed on base and off, and tipped many together at the EM Club and later at the Acey-Deucy Club. Every Saturday somebody made rank or wife had a baby, so kegs were free-flowing. And we played softball and football agin em, and seemed to pretty much split the trophy count. Good old days, 70-74.

The Airmen were kept properly segregated from us Swabbies and Jar Heads so we would not corrupt their morals and let em learn how to commit their first debauch and how to properly imbibe.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote