Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2014, 09:01 PM   #21911

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Lol... My red gets the real dirt... The kind that rain wont wash off.... And shhhhh, Larry thinks i wash cars like i vacuum.... NOT AT ALL.....

Liked the photo if you 3... Isnt this just fun? We really need to hire some temps to add photos to our entire roster.... On our FABULOUS website....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
I will be retired soon - and nothing will be sacred... I will devote some time to Son Of GC - Website - and setting up our house... and of course - the books... I'm really looking forward to this.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2014, 09:08 PM   #21912

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don - earlier today I sent up the call for mutant Ommms - and I am sure they found their way to you and the family... the mutant call is more effective than this...
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #21913

Hi Don,

Marcia and I are keeping you and Sandee and your family in our thoughts , Best Wishes from us to you
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #21914

Fleetwood Owners Club
Don you've got a lifetime to ride the rainbow. Taking care of family at this time is just the right thing to do. Bless you my friend.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:24 PM   #21915

Newmar Owners Club
Ooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 09-07-2014, 09:40 PM   #21916

Solo Rvers Club
Had a great afternoon at the Mini-C with Wayne and Earleen. Got to meet Miya, learn about Citrus and enjoy a good time with some great STMs. Thanks again Wayne and Earleen.

Yes even had some applewood smoked BACON!! Yummm

Don and Sandee you're in my thoughts and prayers. Healing Ohmmmmmms to all those who need them

More proof:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wayne and Earleen 2.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	73315   Click image for larger version

Name:	Applewood Bacon Mini-C.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	73316  

Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #21917

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonrover View Post
Hey, I think that slickster sold me a used car a while back.
Steve shoulda caught that when he saw that Big Red $ chain around his neck...don't see too many of them on honest folk.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:47 PM   #21918

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Steve shoulda caught that when he saw that Big Red $ chain around his neck...don't see too many of them on honest folk.
But the MOM tattoo on his arm had me guessing.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #21919

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Don and Sandee we will keep your family in our prayers. Healing Oohhhmmmms to all in need!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #21920

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Do any other mutants have "first up" popups for setting up an outdoor cooking area? I am building an outdoor kitchen to go under ours to save the inside from cooking odors etc. Today I was manufacturing the folding wind deflectors for the stove to keep the wind from blowing out the burners. Gotta love roughing it.
Silence Is an indication of no... we don't in my case anyway. Looked em up though to be sure...
Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #21921

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
Had a great afternoon at the Mini-C with Wayne and Earleen. Got to meet Miya, learn about Citrus and enjoy a good time with some great STMs. Thanks again Wayne and Earleen.

Yes even had some applewood smoked BACON!! Yummm

Don and Sandee you're in my thoughts and prayers. Healing Ohmmmmmms to all those who need them

More proof:

Diesel you definately wanna be careful hangin out with Wayne! Thank goodness Earlene was there to keep him in line. He didn't grab your backside did he? Lol
Old 09-07-2014, 10:50 PM   #21922

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'm thinking - when we pick Bonita up - I need to have the breakaway connector relocated to a place a little more out of sight. At first I thought it would be easy to get to where it is - but it is a little to easy for someone to pull.

This is where the shop put it - below the lice see plate. It's not that visible when the base plate is in place - but it will stand out when the plate is removed. Any thoughts... ?
Steve, if I understand your concern correctly, you should be OK. When I was in Iola, KS having my towbar reworked, they told me the breakaway cable can and should have plenty of slack. It should only activate when the car and the towbar get separated during towing. An extra foot of cable is ok as long as it doesn't catch or drag on anything.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:06 PM   #21923

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don and Sandee, I hope Mom's time left is just right. Make sure you say everything you want to say very soon.

My stepmom was only with us for about 4 hours after she went on hospice care. I was expecting days at least. The palliative care that hospice provides removed her pain and she went to sleep. If only I had known.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:46 PM   #21924

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Which of these is Wayne...
I was betting on the one on the extreme right but then realized it would have to be facing the other way to be a true picture of Wayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Well...that darn rainbow just keep trying to buck us off. We refuse to quit. Still...another detour.

Sandee's mom has fallen gravely ill and we expect her to be in hospice tomorrow. Her time is expected to be short. So...we will be back in Champaign, IL again. We have 2 weeks left before the projected completion of our flooring project and will then make the trip back "home". Initially we will be there until about October 20th to help with family issues. If Sandee's mom continues to be with us for weeks (not likely but possible) then we will have to reconsider that date.

This really changes our plans but we feel fortunate that we were in the local area instead of days away. Her mom is the greatest and the whole family is special to me. I could not have married into a better family.

Our biggest concern is that her dad stays strong. He is in pretty good health and we hope he takes care of himself.

So...

Our eyes are still on the rainbow but it is a tad further away than we wish. But...we persevere.
Don and Sandee, we're sorry to hear about your Mother. You are all in our thoughts and healing Ohmmmss are directed your way. Remember family comes first. The rest of us await your return to the rainbow when it is apropos you to do so.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote