Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2014, 02:42 PM   #22415

Diesel tech I already did that 3 yrs ago she said no then she asked I said no then I asked in front of people and she said yes. Hope she ment it.
Dave have you not heard people are disappointed in me all the time and for some odd reason I don't care . LoL. Also hope barb is ok. Prayers sent for her.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #22416
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Fingers and toes crossed, as requested. If it's The One, it will happen. All the bugs will have been worked out and it will have been built in a sturdier state than current new rigs are. (Don't need to ask me how I know!)

You will keep us posted, she asks hopefully?

Cheers!
Sue, looking forward to that campfire.
Well, you know that now I've GOT to ask, "How DO you know?"
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #22417
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Welcome back Sue and Martin
Herb, how is Barb today?
Don, hope to see you and Sandee in Rockport,
Steve glad all is clean......
Dwayne... Happy dance for SSI.... Marriage might make costs cheaper, check on it...
Mel, hope it is the one, if it is...... Have had problems with ours, but I still love it...

Been busy with Grands, today QTπ is in surgery, spay, but i still worry.... So ohmmms for me.. And LitaBit misses her terribly.

Think a mutant might be coming my way, my way, way ne.....

I love being a part of this great group....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
And I can't wait to meet some of the great folks in this group. What a terrific gang!

Btw, we are now going to look at a 2004 Jayco Greyhawk that has the backup camera and auto-levelers/jacks that are MUST HAVEs. (Authritis dictates we have the easiest set-up possible.) Also has the liv. rm slide that we want. More storage than the LD, too. Will keep y'all posted!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #22418

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Well, you know that now I've GOT to ask, "How DO you know?"
Search Bella Riggatoni... lol
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #22419

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
And I can't wait to meet some of the great folks in this group. What a terrific gang!

Btw, we are now going to look at a 2004 Jayco Greyhawk that has the backup camera and auto-levelers/jacks that are MUST HAVEs. (Authritis dictates we have the easiest set-up possible.) Also has the liv. rm slide that we want. More storage than the LD, too. Will keep y'all posted!

Mel
Mel - Before you buy - drive those that you mentioned - and then get in the biggest diesel pusher ya can find that you would both love if only it was short and blah blah blah all your other fears and test drive it. Face that fear now... if you're right and it's too much and hate it - you will know. If you are wrong and you love it and see it's a silly fear.... you can thank me later. The differences between 30 and 40 feet are minimal in driving - and major in living. Even if not a DP - then get in a big A gasser - but don't let the size scare you. At least give it a try. The dealer will put you in one to test with someone to coach you. If you get down the road and can't do it (highly doubtful) you can pull over and let them drive it back.... Just sayin.... ah never mind - girls can't drive big rigs 😈 and KIDDING...
Old 09-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #22420

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Search Bella Riggatoni... lol

Yup, Steve's got it in one! Her name is as he says and she's a 2014 Thor Tuscany. A search will show you multiple posts!

Better to buy a well-maintained older model, IMO, than a shiny new any brand. Diesels are only broken in after about a million miles (!) anyway, and a rear engine, if you find one, is quieter to drive than a front one.

Still, when everything is working properly, she's a pleasure to live in, to drive and to ride. Mustn't complain!

All the best in your search, and pics, please, when the search is over.

Cheers!
Sue
PS: as per Steve, ditto. The Bella is 40' long. Only thing is, length determines the places you can go. For us, that rules out many state parks and most smaller places. Bigger, more "urban" parks are geared for big rigs; forested, hilly, picturesque places are not, usually.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #22421

Quoting Steve: "ah never mind - girls can't drive big rigs 😈 and KIDDING..."

Watch your mouth, bub! And KIDDING too.

I don't have my license for driving Bella yet. Feel like I should take lessons first, although I could probably pass the written test, since I helped Martin study for his.

Good thing we live out in the sticks. Plenty of room for turns and reverses. Uh oh! Ditches! and Power poles! and Culverts, oh my!
Old 09-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #22422
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

I know it's not RV related but this is what's kept me busy at the S&B for the last few weeks.
Kitchen cabinets and granite is in. Under-mount granite sink and "wave your hand" sink faucet installed. Just some travertine marble backsplash to finish in the new China cabinet area and some glass shelves.

Installed a built-in 46 bottle wine fridge. Why we needed 46 bottles.....only my wife knows!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411078851.694571.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	782.4 KB
ID:	74207

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411078887.232612.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	746.9 KB
ID:	74208

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411078899.642051.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	732.2 KB
ID:	74210

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1411078912.107123.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	741.0 KB
ID:	74211
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:29 PM   #22423

Beee-yuuuuu-tiful! You do good work, you! The wife is smiling, right?
Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 PM   #22424

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I know it's not RV related but this is what's kept me busy at the S&B for the last few weeks.
Kitchen cabinets and granite is in. Under-mount granite sink and "wave your hand" sink faucet installed. Just some travertine marble backsplash to finish in the new China cabinet area and some glass shelves.

Installed a built-in 46 bottle wine fridge. Why we needed 46 bottles.....only my wife knows!

Attachment 74207

Attachment 74208

Attachment 74210

Attachment 74211

Love it... Gorgeous... Great food to come....
And yes I scroll backwards so thought it was the mh that Mel was loking at....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:40 PM   #22425

Quote:
Mel - Before you buy - drive those that you mentioned - and then get in the biggest diesel pusher ya can find that you would both love if only it was short and blah blah blah all your other fears and test drive it. Face that fear now... if you're right and it's too much and hate it - you will know. If you are wrong and you love it and see it's a silly fear.... you can thank me later. The differences between 30 and 40 feet are minimal in driving - and major in living. Even if not a DP - then get in a big A gasser - but don't let the size scare you. At least give it a try. The dealer will put you in one to test with someone to coach you. If you get down the road and can't do it (highly doubtful) you can pull over and let them drive it back.... Just sayin.... ah never mind - girls can't drive big rigs 😈 and KIDDING...

Uh... There are more and more female mutants..... I dont drive often, but I can..... And would if need be.......
And Mel, 38' diesel pusher....

Btw QTπ home and sleeping from spay....

Old 09-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #22426

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Snip...

PS: as per Steve, ditto. The Bella is 40' long. Only thing is, length determines the places you can go. For us, that rules out many state parks and most smaller places. Bigger, more "urban" parks are geared for big rigs; forested, hilly, picturesque places are not usually.
No denying this Sue - but at 40' Davedeb1 uses state parks - RVM1 is 42' and in a sate park now - we are leaving for full time in Nov at 38' and first stop is Blanco State park. When we first met Dwayne and Shara - 38 feet ? they were in a state park...

So yes it is true - but not always a deal killer.

You are limited by space for example in Yellowstone - but can stay in West Yellowstone and toad the park. Or even in Colter Bay and toad in. You are limited in Yosemite - but can stay outside the park and toad in - in those examples - to me it's preferable to not thread the needle anyway... others will disagree and want to go in there with a 25 footer (we did with the B van for years) some will want to back pack in with no tent.

But once you pull out full timing - the functionality of cute and good for short periods can lose its allure - smaller holding tanks = more dumping - less storage space = no problem I only need 1 pair of shoes - shorts and a shirt - and who needs a gas grill and a smoker and a Coleman stove ???

Heading out into the woods to tent camp for 5 days is one thing - doing the AT is another. Same principle in reverse.. on the Appalachian Trail - you want small - light - nimble - quick. In your woodlamds vacation a big tent - a cot - big ice chest...

It's all up to you of course... lol - but wrong coach is a bummer like you would not believe...

Did ya ever wonder what friends were for.... lol... Hi I'm from the IRS and I here to help...
Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #22427

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Beee-yuuuuu-tiful! You do good work, you! The wife is smiling, right?
X2 - great job Dog!
Looks really nice.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #22428

Quote:
No denying this Sue - but at 40' Davedeb1 uses state parks - RVM1 is 42' and in a sate park now - we are leaving for full time in Nov at 38' and first stop is Blanco State park. When we first met Dwayne and Shara - 38 feet ? they were in a state park...

So yes it is true - but not always a deal killer.

You are limited by space for example in Yellowstone - but can stay in West Yellowstone and toad the park. Or even in Colter Bay and toad in. You are limited in Yosemite - but can stay outside the park and toad in - in those examples - to me it's preferable to not thread the needle anyway... others will disagree and want to go in there with a 25 footer (we did with the B van for years) some will want to back pack in with no tent.

But once you pull out full timing - the functionality of cute and good for short periods can lose its allure - smaller holding tanks = more dumping - less storage space = no problem I only need 1 pair of shoes - shorts and a shirt - and who needs a gas grill and a smoker and a Coleman stove ???

Heading out into the woods to tent camp for 5 days is one thing - doing the AT is another. Same principle in reverse.. on the Appalachian Trail - you want small - light - nimble - quick. In your woodlamds vacation a big tent - a cot - big ice chest...

It's all up to you of course... lol - but wrong coach is a bummer like you would not believe...

Did ya ever wonder what friends were for.... lol... Hi I'm from the IRS and I here to help...

We stay in state parks a lot.... We did Yellowstone, too... In 38'..... But then larry is such a great driver, and most of the time i give good signals...... Not always... And i am bad about forgetting to look up.....