Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #22667

Sue... venice... Murano, burano... Waterworld. Was standing in the cathedral square when a cruise ship sailed into the canal... That was interesting...

Tooth update... Went to dentist this am. Gonna go ahead and do initial work next monday, 4 extractions and a provisional bridge... Then healing for 4 -6 months.... Then permanent bridge... Might do that in Mexico....

So more visiting today with Wayne and Earlene, toothless in Little Rock.....

Plans will not be hurry up, so will be in Texas in November, unless the jury duty gets us.

Appreciate your concern and smiles... And laughs. I was mortified at first, but yesterday was laughing as normal with W&E... Just too much fun to not smile.....

Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #22668

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeelarry View Post
Just a few of my stained glass works-

Gorgeous, Larry; thanks. I especially like the iris, and that pair of doors is a breath-catcher!

Believe me, I do know how much work goes into pieces like those. Are these your own designs (or would you rather not disclose that information)? Designing is a whole 'nuther skill set, not to mention the time involved, of course.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:31 AM   #22669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Sue... venice... Murano, burano... Waterworld. Was standing in the cathedral square when a cruise ship sailed into the canal... That was interesting...
Diane is the original FTSFM........... (Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant, #64) and is retired, duh!

Did the ship cause water to come up a great deal or even onto the square? Even if not, one of those behemoths looks like 2 city blocks doing something no city block should ever do!

This is the last year the big ships will be allowed to come in so close to the square. They are causing too much damage, even moving as slowly as they do. Ships have simply become too big. New docks are being built further away even than the current ones near Piazza Roma.

We felt privileged to see what we did from our high vantage point. We won't ever see it again, only from ground or water level, if we're lucky.

Cheers, and keep smiling!
Old 09-22-2014, 09:33 AM   #22670

Quote:

Oh my! So GRAND.
And so much RVM art happening!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:21 AM   #22671

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
BEAUTIFUL Handy work!!
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #22672

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTech39 View Post
BEAUTIFUL Handy work!!
Maybe Larry will male you one that looks like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1411403833347.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	74621  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #22673

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Here they are, bottom to top ...

3) 1997 Monaco Windsor 38PB. It is a 38 footer with 53k miles. It has everything we want except a living room slide. We would not even consider it because of that, but it's a Monaco. It is in San Marcos, TX. Mom and Pop dealer was up front with me and said it would need front tires pretty soon. Rears are good, though. 275 hp Cummings and Roadmaster chassis. Know nothing of Roadmaster chassis. (??) Asking price: $30,000.

2) 1998 Newmar Dutchstar 3858. This is a 38' coach with 121k miles. It's a one-owner coach on a consignment lot in New Braunfels, TX. I'd have access to maintenance history. That would be nice. It has everything we want and them some. It has a 300hp Cat motor and a Freightliner chassis. Looks pretty well taken care of. Really like the sales woman in New Braunfels, TX that I spoke with. She was very up front about it and sent me some pics showing a little wear on the leather captains seats and a little chipping on the lower front of the coach. Asking price: $28,900.

1) 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. This is a 37' coach with 45k miles. It has everything...and I mean EVERYTHING we could possible want on it and then some, including solar panel, washer/dryer and dual pane windows. I do not like the floral pattern upholstery on the sofa and on the dinette booth benches. If we buy this coach, there would be an immediate re-upholstering of those items. Asking price: $29,950.

So, there you have it. Do you think we'll be able to find a nice, older coach at this price point? I don't want a p.o.s. coach, so will be very careful in this search.

If anyone knows of a super clean and well-cared for DP for sale in this price range, please let me know! And I welcome your input, advice and opinions. What do you think of this field of three we're looking at?

Gracias and good night! Whew. I'm beat
I think with some patience you will find a nice, older coach, in your price point that will work for the two of you.

I'm with Dwayne and would lean towards the Newmar on this list. Should be able to whittle the price down a little so you can add to your stash for repairs, if needed.

If you're on a road trip in TX though a stop at MHSRV as Wayne suggests, is a good idea. I've been there and they have acres of coaches in all price points to peruse.

And knowing Mel you are a self professed impulse buyer, my council would be to not buy the first one you see. Don't want you to miss a good deal, but take some time once you've seen a few, list the pros and cons of each and discuss with Kate. Once you've decided on "the one" then figure what it's worth. NADA low retail less 10%, or more, is a good place to start. Best of luck.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #22674

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Maybe Larry will male you one that looks like this...
Rather have one that says:
Attached Images

Old 09-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #22675

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
old coaches are nice to we have a 1990 HR Imperial 33' gas power it has worked for us just fine have been from the west coast to the east now on our way back west. I hope one day we can get a dp with a slide.
In my opinion older coaches are a good choice for people like you Dwayne, who can fix what breaks. Most RV repair shops charge $110 or more per hour to work on them and then have a $15/hour kid do the work.

Mel, I would question the front end alignment on a coach that only needs front tires.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #22676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Gorgeous, Larry; thanks. I especially like the iris, and that pair of doors is a breath-catcher!

Believe me, I do know how much work goes into pieces like those. Are these your own designs (or would you rather not disclose that information)? Designing is a whole 'nuther skill set, not to mention the time involved, of course.

Thanks for sharing!

His own designs..... Will post more, but off th get W&E....... Another miniC

Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #22677

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Mel, my friend Don bought a 2 year old motorhome that cost $1,500,000 new for $190,000 from the son of the owner after his death. The kid had no interest in it and was looking for a quick cash deal. He played with it for a year then sold it for a tidy little profit.

Too bad the obituaries don't list all the property that will soon be for sale. (Oh, shame on me for saying that)

We lost a mutant last May. I have emailed his girlfriend to see if she has sold his Moho. I'll let you know when I hear back from her.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:48 PM   #22678

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Mel, my friend Don bought a 2 year old motorhome that cost $1,500,000 new for $190,000 from the son of the owner after his death. The kid had no interest in it and was looking for a quick cash deal. He played with it for a year then sold it for a tidy little profit.

Too bad the obituaries don't list all the property that will soon be for sale. (Oh, shame on me for saying that)

We lost a mutant last May. I have emailed his girlfriend to see if she has sold his Moho. I'll let you know when I hear back from her.

LOl... I think he Dunnerized a lot of stuff in his MOHO... Might be really good deal, might not. He was a dune buggy fanatic of sorts.... and liked to boondock on the beach with his buddies.... His motto was if Dunner can't fix it, no body can. He liked to machine parts and stuff too...and modify whatever it was he used to machine stuff also to make new stuff....If I recall some of his posts form other threads....
Old 09-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #22679

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey that's a great idea Barb. If Dunners MOHO hasn't been sold already that just might be a great option for Mel to look at. You know Dunner customized who knows what in it plus Mel it is already been Mutantized by Dunner!

Hey Dunner we miss ya brother!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:47 PM   #22680

Fleetwood Owners Club
Regardless if you visit them or not PPL Rv sales web sit will list the units it has sold over the past two years along with the price they sold for. This along with NADA will give you some idea of value in a used unit. ALWAYS TRY FOR LeSS! You can always go up if needed. Don't deal like a girl, deal like a b---h (female canine). Ask for everything, extended warranty, road assistance, etc. if they throw it in good, don't pay extra for it. Practice walking toward your car while dealing, that makes them nerves. I live foe the games they play, I know their tricks, friends in sales for years!

« Trivia | - »