Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-18-2014, 07:44 AM   #24627

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
That's the abridged paperback version. I have the complete, unabridged, 32 volume, hard cover, leather bound, on acid free paper version. It's a classic.
I hear it took you 14 years to read it! lol
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #24628

Fleetwood Owners Club
Anyone want to take a cruise?

Cruise ship turned away from port due to Ebola scare! Should be docked back at Texas Sunday.

Think I'll pass on cruising for now......guess I'll look at possibly a trip to Six Flags in Dallas, yep that should be safe!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #24629
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'd like to propose Moah, Utah for the 2015 GC. You have to come see this place! And, I've been told that this weekend is the last busy time of the year, but the weather usually stays nice thru October. I'm betting some of the local RV resorts would LOVE to have us. I'm thinking Oct 20-26 or so.
I'd be all in for Moab, Utah for the 2015 GC but would prefer September to go as I have to cross back through a few mountain passes. October puts too much snow up there for me and September is still nice enough. As well, all the kids would be back in school by beginning of September so it would already be less busy.

Thoughts?
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:57 AM   #24630

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Anyone want to take a cruise?

Cruise ship turned away from port due to Ebola scare! Should be docked back at Texas Sunday.

Think I'll pass on cruising for now......guess I'll look at possibly a trip to Six Flags in Dallas, yep that should be safe!!!

Heard about that, too. Ummm, we were planning on some cruising this winter out of Ft. Lauderdale. Mmmmight postpone that a while! 😱

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things
Old 10-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #24631

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
I'd be all in for Moab, Utah for the 2015 GC but would prefer September to go as I have to cross back through a few mountain passes. October puts too much snow up there for me and September is still nice enough. As well, all the kids would be back in school by beginning of September so it would already be less busy.

Thoughts?

This sounds doable to us, too..... September is an easy month.... Its tween everything..... And I want to see those areas as well....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:08 AM   #24632

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post

Thoughts?

I'd go earlier, too, if I had a vote. Weather would be my greatest concern at that time of year, and "Usually" is a tricky qualifier there. It's like "average first (or last) frost". An average.

I don't actually have a vote, though, since Martin's first comment was on the distance. But the point of it is to make it closer for our western contingent, so that sounds like a great area.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #24633

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barb, Portal RV resort in Moab is a park that has hosted FMCA, RV Forum and many other rallies of various types. If you have the time you might drive through for a looksy.

Moab is on my bucket list, might be able to get in a Rubi there!

Oh Jim, you and Ginny been Jeeping in Moab yet?
Old 10-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #24634

Hey, Steve! Is it real yet, or just like any other weekend?

It's really decompression time. Martin thinks you'll still be up at 6:00, or whatever your usual time has been, going out to get a paper, checking the mail.... It took him months to start sleeping past 6:00 -- and now he isn't downstairs until 9:00! 😄😄😄

Old 10-18-2014, 08:16 AM   #24635

Fleetwood Owners Club
Sue worry not about the weather, tell Martin the worst thing that could happen is ya'll get stuck over the winter down south where you can learn proper eng-a-lish. Well at least Southern, possibly Texas English !! Partner!
Old 10-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #24636

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hey, Steve! Is it real yet, or just like any other weekend?

It's really decompression time. Martin thinks you'll still be up at 6:00, or whatever your usual time has been, going out to get a paper, checking the mail.... It took him months to start sleeping past 6:00 -- and now he isn't downstairs until 9:00! 😄😄😄

It is pretty much business as usual for the next 3 weeks. We are going to get Bonita at the shop - take her to storage - and then it's stash and trash and get ready to roll. Its a big push from here. There is so much to do. It's not fun... but it's not W%*k either. And the finis' will be grand. Can't wait for the first actual night in Bonita.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #24637

Quote:
Sue worry not about the weather, tell Martin the worst thing that could happen is ya'll get stuck over the winter down south where you can learn proper eng-a-lish. Well at least Southern, possibly Texas English !! Partner!

You know what's funny about Martin and his Eng-a-lish? The GPS navigators can't understand it half the time! Foe-ah for 4? Fo-get it!

Old 10-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #24638
MPH

Mel & Kate's new (to us) coach!

Here's a photo of our new coach. Met Tony & Penny at the Flying J near I-45 & I-20, had lunch together, went through the coach and traded cashier's check for Texas blue title! That's Tony (seller) with me in front of the coach. What a great guy! We enjoyed our visit with Tony and Penny and will be keeping up with them.

We are indebted to Wayne & Earlene for doing the initial inspection and test drive of the coach. They sent us a detailed report about it along with a photo album of pics they took during their inspection. Thanks guys! It was like we were there in person! And a big thanks to Herb & Barb for checking out several coaches in the Ft. Worth area for us and sending detailed reports and photos. It came down to a coach in Ft. Worth that they inspected/test drove and the one in Galveston. We could not have made this decision without the help from all of you. And another thanks goes to Steve for offering great advice and encouragement. What a great "family" we have in our Mutant world!

Heading home tomorrow. Working on a name for our Discovery and will post that as soon as we decide.

High fives to everyone ... forgot to mention Ken and Dennis and Diane and Barb and Sue and Dave and a host of others who have given encouragement, advice and support throughout our search. You're ALL amazing!

See you at CL in April!
M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (3).jpg
Views:	106
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	76811   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	96
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	76812  

MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #24639

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Here's a photo of our new coach. Met Tony & Penny at the Flying J near I-45 & I-20, had lunch together, went through the coach and traded cashier's check for Texas blue title! That's Tony (seller) with me in front of the coach. What a great guy! We enjoyed our visit with Tony and Penny and will be keeping up with them.
Woot Woot - talk to you soon.
Smiles as big as saucers.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 08:44 AM   #24640

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Moab for next GC

Quote:
Barb, Portal RV resort in Moab is a park that has hosted FMCA, RV Forum and many other rallies of various types. If you have the time you might drive through for a looksy.

Moab is on my bucket list, might be able to get in a Rubi there!

Oh Jim, you and Ginny been Jeeping in Moab yet?
No, we haven't been there yet. It is on our bucket list of places to go though.
ginny47 is offline   Reply With Quote