Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 09:07 PM   #25257

Tiffin Owners Club
Nice cabin. Do I see someone in the far background wearing a mask and holding a chain saw?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2014, 09:13 PM   #25258

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Nice cabin. Do I see someone in the far background wearing a mask and holding a chain saw?
That or a distinctive banjo tune.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:14 PM   #25259

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
This webpage has some yurt photos (click on the blue bar) and a site map of the facility. Yurts - Catherine's Landing
There are also cabin pix, pretty sweet! The discount would help, for sure. I just have to persuade DH that an April trip would be a good thing!
Tina & Ted Ontario, Canada RVM 29
timarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #25260

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PushedAround View Post
Pay no attention, just part of the natural fauna.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 PM   #25261

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timarti View Post
There are also cabin pix, pretty sweet! The discount would help, for sure. I just have to persuade DH that an April trip would be a good thing!
The cabins are nice. The band enjoyed the coffee pot the morning after... and we stayed so busy Annie actually a bailed herself of their washer / dryer. It was the full deal... theirs had a bed - a hideabed and a loft with a bed. Very nice.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:24 PM   #25262
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Surprise, surprise! After Herb's screw up of where we were supposed to meet, the Mini-C happened and the picture is the proof.
On the left we have Earlene, Jeannie, Barb and Herb, and on the right we have Dave, Wayne (the good looking one), Bob, and Stephanie.

We had a good time with some good chatter. It is so very nice to be able to meet mutants at Mini-C's every once in a while. Hurry up November.

Click on the picture to see us in all of our glory!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mini-c.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	77334  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #25263

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbnBarb View Post
Well it happens....I knew it was bound to happen sometime. Part of the Northern contingent of Tejas and the Southern contingent hooked up for a mini/midi this evening. Wayne, Earlene, Dave and Jne, Bob and Stephanie, me and Barb.
Attachment 77329

What a great time we had seein who could tell the biggest yarn!
You guys look great, don't look like you've aged a day since we saw you at the GC.

Of course the trees in my woods don't look a day past 100.
( note any derogatory reference to age only applies to the guys, you ladies look super!)
Old 10-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #25264

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
You guys look great, don't look like you've aged a day since we saw you at the GC.

Of course the trees in my woods don't look a day past 100.
( note any derogatory reference to age only applies to the guys, you ladies look super!)
X2 on the ladies!
And you're right Tim - the guys haven't aged a day - maybe 10 years, but not a day.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:37 PM   #25265
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well dang! Herb stole my picture and he was 20 miles closer to his place then we were to our place. I'm still leaving my picture up for all to see. Twice is better than once. (No Steve, that is not two of Herb and two of me, it's the pictures I'm talking about.)

It's like seeing long lost family again and it is like we never were away from each other. A great time, with great people, Mutants.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 PM   #25266

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm still playing ketsup, but need to mention something VERY IMPORTANT, before I forget. If you are coming to Rockport and are planning to get a Shingles vaccination, PLEASE do so ASAP, or wait until after we leave Rockport.

Shingles is a LIVE vaccine and there is a chance that you could give chickenpox to Sena if you have the vaccine within 2 weeks of interacting with her. Chickenpox is almost always fatal in capuchin monkeys.

I tried to pull up some info, but Google isn't helping right now. I have decided not to have a shingles vaccination because the risk to her. Also, the vaccine is only 51% effective at preventing Shingles. I don't like those odds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:40 PM   #25267

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Hey, if you are one of the mutants who have one of my paintings, as my youngest son says "it is worth more now" just got notice of an acceptance into the 45th Annual Juried Exhibition of the Mid-Southern Watercolorists which will be at the Arkansas Arts Center, February 13, 2015 until April 12, 2015. This is my 7th time in my 11 years if painting.... I took the inspiration photo on the old Vegas strip.... Attachment 77248

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Nice! Very beautiful! It might be worth arriving at GC@CL Redux a few days early to go through the exhibition.
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:43 PM   #25268

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkinthebus View Post
Got my confirmation from CL (#22) and my request for time off "W" all taken care of today, sooooooo c y'all at CL. Hey Larry, trying Wright's Honey Bourbon flavor this weekend and will report back. Hoping I don't damage a taste bud or 2 before it hits the grill.
Whoa! Howdy Neighbors! Partytime on #21 & 22!
jnebowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 09:45 PM   #25269

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Just to clarify.... I suggested we meet at Saltgrass. "Wayne" sends me an email wth the address of where we are going to meet. So Barb and I are in the restaraunt waiting when Wayne texts and says we are all here. I replied okay we are inside. Five minutes, ten minutes, I say to Barb, how long does it take to get inside? Bout that time my phone rings.... Wayne says where are you, I hear the noise in the background so I say where are you? They are 20 min. away at Outback! Geesh, Wayne switches gears faster than I can keep up with! He "claims" he sent me another email which of course I did not get which made the change of locations. So I screwed it up? No No No!
Old 10-24-2014, 09:48 PM   #25270
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I showed him proof of sent email. The email was sent from the iMac at the house and as we sat there discussing Herb inability to follow directions, i showed him the sync'd email on my iPhone that was sent telling him "Outback."

You have to remember that Herb acts like a woman sometimes but this time he just didn't understand directions - wait - how was he acting? Hmmm!

p.s., I called him back after him listening to the "noise, and told him we were on-the-way and not to drink all the beer. He tried to weasel out of it and said we didn't have to do that and i told him we had left Outback already and would be there shortly.

We arrived and he and Barb were chomping down a salad. Do you think he could have waited! No! Belly first! Friends second!