Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #30395

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Been there Larry and brought some black sand back. It's in a hurricane candle holder on our deck.
I'm surprised that there is any sand left there. We brought home a container of it as well.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #30396
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
One question:
Do the guys wear kimonos, too?
Yes, one guy, other than Dave, did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thusfar only his Grand Poobahness has donned a kimono. The grand dames of the RVMdom are welcome to do so as the please. It was a surprise for RVM1 @ GC@CL and was a big hit. It was a very bonding gesture. to Barb and all who were so well dressed that magical evening.
Liar, liar.....blah blah blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
If the ancient scrolls and pics of GC1.0 are inspected, one Wayne of Texusdomingo wore a kimono.
Can it be proper to limit Kimono Los Wearus?
Thank you Grand Pubah for recognizing my greatness.

Quote:
Don't let Wayne the Curb Killer do the driver improvement training.
Dang it Herb! Stop telling everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Yes.... tim

I sure cannot hula... In fact my equilibrium has been so messed up i keep playing weeble....
Fell off the step ladder on Friday.... Lol... Was lucky.... My talent is no physical grace....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Ouch! Sorry to hear of that. You are okay so you must have landed on your new teeth, which are strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Oh honey... you have never looked at ditchwater under the microscope before have you! it's teaming with stuff! They are just so small you can't see most of them unaided... although, the toads, frogs, and mosquito larvea are large enough and water beetles... and the skinny ones which waltz on top... I think they are called water striders but am not sure...

and about the star map... I looked and saw Uranus...and then saw an arrow pointing out from the constellations bum... and I thought... Oh! Sue has found a new unicorn rainbow fart type thing...LOL!
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ah Mel,

As a member of the Guy club, I can with the up most assurance tell you the guys did not, nor were they asked to wear kimono's, that privilege was left for the Grand Poohbah

Cheers !!!!
Liar, liar......blah blah blah!

====================================

Mel,
Earlene and I, having lived in Japan for 3 years, did not have to go out and buy kimonos for this grand occasion. We just pulled them out of the closet. Mine was simple, but still a kimono.

I wasn't like Dave, I had something under the kimono.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #30397

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Playing off your ponder on mutating to the Journey is the Destination... that is indeed part of my dilemma in getting to a Fall into Curiosity 1.0.

I have been told that some won't make a trip west. Some won't go to Idaho. Some can go as far as South Dakota and some...

So there is no concensus as to where, although Utah was popular. I have turned the tentative directional "planning" of our Journey westward toward Idaho over to Annie. She has gotten us to Sioux Falls (tentatively) by the last week of May. For how long she has not yet informed me... she is pondering and letting the Journey be her Destination.

I know that we are expected to be in Las Vegas by her sister and nieces for a 21st birthday party sometime in June... they have that date closely guarded apparently as I cannot seem to get an answer. We can either motor there or eek fly from anywhere as much as I dread flying.

And I do plan to be in Idaho the last week of August or 1st week of September... so July and early August - are the best times for me to anywhere between Sioux Falls - Las Vegas and Idaho. There is plenty of time in there and yes - we need to make a plan soon.

Remember - Step 3 of Mutation - Hold or attend a Mini-C. And if you think you can go west between the above coordinates - I know I will be - and I believe our Poobah is game for traversing that direction and in that time frame as part of his annual migration to Arizona.

By the way... Arizona in the winter is also a potential Midi-C or even Grande.... so give me your thoughts.... I would really love to have a fall GC 1.0 in a place that is cool and beautiful and with any luck - His Possumness and Possumiss will make it.

Use the Contact Us Form...
http://rvmutants.com/?redirect=false

(I am working on the mobile site - this redirect gets you directly to the desktop version.)

Man - it's a good thing I'm long winded... youse guys... and gals... ya really make me think too hard for retired mutant...

And yes Marty - I did the Break Rib Dance last year. And yet... I had the time of my life. Woot.
You do know The Dakotas are really hot in June,July and August....
Old 01-27-2015, 09:42 AM   #30398

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wayne. Hours of therapy down the drain. The nightmares have started again. You and your kimono roundness are again haunting me... I have a call into Dr. Fagetaboutit and hopefully he can retrigger the memory loss over the phone. Geesh.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:07 AM   #30399

Mutation Level 4, me thinks..
Beeker's Ballad, with Herb and Wayne in the closing moments.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:35 AM   #30400

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTJeep View Post
Ah Mel,

As a member of the Guy club, I can with the up most assurance tell you the guys did not, nor were they asked to wear kimono's, that privilege was left for the Grand Poohbah

Cheers !!!!
Jeff,

There is a guy version of the kimono.

comfortable black Men's Silk Satin Embroider Dragon Kimono Robe Gown S M L XL 2XL 3XL ZRTC 02-in Robes from Apparel & Accessories on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:51 AM   #30401

Is it time to declare that I'm going to wear my Sumo loin cloth to the opening ceremony? Real men of the rotund variety are often seen in such a traditional garb.

May not be the right timing for this unveiling at the ceremony. Being that it (the ceremony) follows a potluck dinner. I might cause the highest number mutant in attendance to break out his mop and bucket.

Note to newbies: the highest number mutant at a gathering of mutants must provide cleaning services at that particular gathering. Mops, brooms, dust pans, and buckets are not provided.

Mary Ann says "Save that for me". And a few no's too.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 10:53 AM   #30402

Would that be one of those eye-searing sights that I mentioned in my TOP 5 memories of the Grand Curiosity?
Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #30403

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
RVM,

New mutant here with a few questions.

What is the Mini C?

What is with the kimonos and grass skirts?

Moonbeam
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #30404

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
RVM,

What is the Mini C?

Moonbeam
In April of 2014, the Grand Poobah (RVM 1) held an opening ceremony to our grand gathering of mutants. There was quite a build-up via the RVM thread about what was hidden inside his komono. At the opening ceremony he exposed what was in his komono. It happened to be 25-40 mascots for each of us. We still proudly display our mascots in our MH's. At the ceremony the lady folk all wore kimonos to surprise RVM1 when he arrived in his. It was very, very funny.

A mini-C is a mini meeting of mutants. It might be 2 couples in Texas, Indiana, or Arizona or it might be up to 5 couples. A midi-C is a meeting of mutants larger than 5 couples (my limits for gatherings to determine their name designation).

The grass skirts? Well, someone else will have to explain their significance in detail. Has to do with eye-searing acts of grown men trying to terrify an entire gathering.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:37 PM   #30405

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Excellent reply Papaw Steve...
And for the unfamiliar - C is short for Curiosity. A gathering of mutants is a colletive noun know as A Curiosity of Mutants!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 12:54 PM   #30406
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Mel,
Earlene and I, having lived in Japan for 3 years, did not have to go out and buy kimonos for this grand occasion. We just pulled them out of the closet. Mine was simple, but still a kimono.

I wasn't like Dave, I had something under the kimono.
You sure Dave wasn't wearing a kimodo?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:15 PM   #30407
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
RVM,
What is the Mini C?
Moonbeam
Oh, Moonbeam ... Moonbeam ....
I fear you have wandered into the realm of sick, twisted mutants in the land of never ending weirdness. It's too late for you now, though. Once you're in, there's no going back; and if you try, the Grand Poobah will send his Minor Poobah, his deputies and his flying monkeys after you. So, the best thing simply is to give in and mutate. It's relatively painless.

Welcome aboard!

Mel
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #30408

Vintage RV Owners Club

Hey now... that's my Kimono... except mine was a womans and it was reversible to either champagne colored or black...