Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2015, 08:32 AM   #30619

Lol maybe I DO need a break! And I am sure Diesel the fish would love to join the mutants in Utah this fall! Let me talk to MM about it!
Heartland Owners Club #2605, &RVM #80
CrowdedCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2015, 08:52 AM   #30620

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowdedCampr View Post
Lol maybe I DO need a break! And I am sure Diesel the fish would love to join the mutants in Utah this fall! Let me talk to MM about it!

We ALL need a break (change) from the norm, CC! And a Curiosity is truly that.
Nola and I would love to meet up with your tribe somewhere on the Rainbow, Rebecca! Our spoiling of kids and pets at no charge.

RVM1
AKA: Captain Forehead
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:27 AM   #30621

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Papaw Steve. I assume you and Mary Ann are on the road again. Check in when you can. We always keep our mutant family in our thoughts, but especially when they're traveling.

Steve & Annie. Just crossed into the sunshine state. ETA to CG is between 4 and 5 o'clock. Our site is open so we will get MH out of storage and set it up. Thanks for thinking about us.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #30622

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Diane, are you turning ... er, I mean MUTATING into a Purple People Eater???

Dave, isn't there a song about Purple People Eaters?

I think she is just showing her true colors!
Old 01-30-2015, 10:55 AM   #30623

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
When our 4 sons were 12, 13, 14 & 15, you could've lined 'em up in front of that pile of snow, told 'em to burp at the same time and that driveway would've been clear in seconds.

Do all adolescent boys have burping contests? Our next-to-youngest was SO proud of the fact that he could say the entire alphabet through one burp. I'm not kidding. It was just gross and ridiculous; but he could do it. My 85-year-old friend Marge just laughs and says "Males are not as highly evolved as females." But what does she know? She raised 6 daughters. I would not have traded places with her for all the cheese in Wisconsin, all the wine in Napa, all the cattle in Texas or all the oldies in Dave's record collection.
LOL! I had a couple out of our 4 sons that could do that... oh the boyz! ours were all 2 years apart.... I think the pecking order stuff bothered me the worst!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:11 AM   #30624

Vintage RV Owners Club
Welcome back Becky!

Wondering if a probiotic would help your blahs... science has now proven the 2nd place in the body that makes the most feel good neurotransmitter stuff is in the gut and if the good bacteria in there aren't the ones in top spot... you could be suffering from a bit of depression. I persoanlly like to get mine from the foods I eat, but that requires making some fermented foods... such as kefir, kombucha, and kraut...but you can buy that stuff in the stores also... Bubbies dill pickles are a good one as well as their Kraut in the refrigerated section if you don't want to mess with making your own... or buy a good probiotic with like 10 strains of good guys in them...Walmart carries a pretty good shelf stable brand that is less expensive called Ultimate Flora.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:13 AM   #30625

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Becky! Good to see you posting here! Moving again? Yuck! That alone is cause for grumpadumps, but you might want to research "Seasonal Affective Disorder". It's a depression that stems from short winter days. Mine goes away by mid March, but medication and a Happy Light help.

The good news is that there are a lot of RVMs in AZ for the winter and if you can fit in the time to meet up with a few STMs the laughter alone will chase away your grumpadumps.

Good luck with the move. Tucson is one of my favorite cities. I love all the Saguro cactus -- no two are alike and many look like they are giving the world a giant one finger salute.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 11:55 AM   #30626
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Sue - Sparky a friend come and stay with us a couple weeks before Christmas and he's decided to stay on. Also the dolphin Annie got at the gift shop we went to on Padre Island has been hanging around too. And then there's the turtles that have come to live with us...
Hmmmm .... I see you've got Bonita all tricked out now. Can I hire Annie as a consultant for decorating Bow?
MPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:02 PM   #30627
MPH

Quote:
I haven't been on in AGES but what a great time to get back in. You mention boys burping, but we were at Lake Dawgs yesterday for lunch and my 3-year-old son said "don't burp under the table or the booby monster will come out..." Before I could clarify he must have meant the boogy monster (although he goes by Bloody Bones in our house) my husband, of 37 years of age, let forth a belch that could have teared your eyes from across the street. And then he grinned at me - hopeful the booby monster really would show up....

Becky
Aka Crowded Camper Mom
RV Mutant too
Crowded Camperâ„¢ - A mom's life in a Crowded Camper
Www.facebook.com/CrowdedCamper
I'll tell Marge she can rest her case.

Hi Becky! Nice to meet ya. Sounds like you are busier than a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. Good luck with your move. Perhaps we'll see y'all on the Rainbow Trail somewhere.

Mel
Old 01-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #30628
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yep!

And soon after, the defensive line of the MN Vikings was called......

RVM1
OMG. Who ever told some of these people they could sing???! The MN Vikings?
Old 01-30-2015, 12:25 PM   #30629
MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
If you tell a boy "that's disgusting" it becomes a badge of honor. And when 2 or more have been roughhousing in a room, there is the smell of acrid boy sweat.
Making fart noises is another favorite. Pal of my grandson was particularly gifted at licking his hand (for a good "seal") and making armpit rips. And repeat. (EEEEWW)
BTW, my collection of 45s was over 5 feet tall. 33s about 3 feet. Donated to a charity.

RVM1
It's funny, but there are times I really miss boy smells, boy sounds, boy roughhousing, boys being boys. Little boys still melt my heart. My 3 year-old great nephew has me wrapped around his little finger! We just don't get to be with him all that often.

It might be a while before boyness is back in our house again. We have a 9 month-old granddaughter. No other grands on the way ... yet. We have 4 sons, so we're not sure about little girls. We can throw footballs and baseballs, but we're not so good with bows and dolls! We are used to farts and burps and wrestling and fort-building. If little Gwyneth is a tom-boy, we're good. If she's a girly-girl, we'll need some advice from her mom!
Old 01-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #30630
MPH

Quote:
Full timing in the 'camper' again. I have no idea why it auto corrected to 'Arab' lol
Whew! For a minute there, I thought y'all were living in a 5th wheel in Qatar ... and wondering how the heck you were gonna get that rig to AZ.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #30631

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Steve & Annie. Just crossed into the sunshine state. ETA to CG is between 4 and 5 o'clock. Our site is open so we will get MH out of storage and set it up. Thanks for thinking about us.
Steve there is sometimes a reason to head the other way in winter.....

No longer floats my boat as I have too much metal imbedding in various parts of my skeletal persona. DW claims I'm worth more to the metal recyclers than alive.
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #30632

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Well Good Afternoon Mutey's and Mutets! Hope the sun is shining on your face and the breeze
Is at your back on the rainbow today.

All is well here in the metroplex today cept I'm really gettin anxious to hit the road again. Steve and Mary Ann drive safe thru the sunshine state today cause your rainbow rider will be waitin when you get there.

Mel how's the healing coming along? Hope the knee is starting to come back strong.

Wayne we're starting to have withdrawals. We need to get down there for a mini sometime before we head to the Redux. But tell Earlene we aren't gonna give here advance notice so she won't put you thru the paces re-cleaning an already clean house. I just want some more of that liquored up desert she made last time we were there!

So is it too early to start the countdown to Redux? By this time last year it was almost all anybody was talkin about. Boy what a difference a year makes.....so come on Muteys !

Now for those of you newbies that have not spoken up yet, there is still plenty of room and time to join us. Just a simple PM to me or our Most Illustious Potentate Steve aka flagship will get you started with a space assignment. Sooooo lets here from you now.....we are waiting.... Don't make me sick Wayne on you.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum