Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2016, 08:11 AM   #58871

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
And what was Mac's reaction to this intruder?
I wouldn't bring him out there with that guy there. So into the big house he went (his normal day time dwelling). Not being totally awake I couldn't make out what it was but my first thought was some kind of raptor, it wasn't until I played with the camera I found out it was the owl. Still not something I'd want to see an encounter with Mac, it's bad enough when Boko goes after him
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2016, 08:51 AM   #58872
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Update on the current draw issue. I'm told 3mA draw is equivalent to leaving the radio on. The draw should not be greater than 0.3mA. to keep the clock ticking. Anyhow, it wasn't the mice chewing wires, they tracked the fault down to corrosion in a multipin connector, under the fuse box - we think it may be due to mouse pee as that's the area where they have been living. I'll send them a bill for the $400 it cost us.
I fitted an RVi Toad Charger myself to the Jeep. Good piece of kit and an easy install. You will, of course, need an extra wire in the umbilical if you don't have one already.
Shame about the BMW, I can just imagine you tooling around in that. We were glad to get back in our old Genny - just like putting on some favorite old gloves. Man, what a silky V8 that has!
TTFN

Martin, thanks for the info on RVI - I'll look into it. I hope you have good luck collecting Mickey's money.

Nope, they were not trying to sell me the BMW and as a matter of fact when the Lincoln place called Enterprise they asked if they could provide a Lincoln. The showed up with a brand new F-150 crew cab, short bed but I had to turn it down. Not enough room in the CG behind or in front of the MH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
The BMW X3 is a kiddie car compared to the X5. I used to drive my former boss' X5 and it was a marvelous ride. That was bad planning on the dealer's part if they wanted to try to sell you a new car.
That was it, the X3. Just a scad bigger than a Fiat and twice the size of a Smarty.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #58873

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Hey Sue... it was indeed fried okra. Not house breadedd in my opinon but good. The Q was good and the house hot sausage was very good but not hot. Of course I can't be sure of that because I had the appetizer - Hot Chicharones (habenaro hot...!) Oh the humanity!

And while I typically don't sauce my Q, I did sample the 3 versions of house sauce. They were quite good, but I still prefer the naked Q. I would dip about anything else in any of them. Thumbs up for sure.

Triple D rating stands.

Chicharones
And chicharones back atcha! Make mine plain, though, dullard that I am. Habañeros are beyond me these days, not to mention Ghost peppers. That leaves more for Martin. 🙄

My okra plants (4 only) are budding, so I'll soon have some pods for frying and making gumbo. Mmmm-mmmm!

Chicharones, indeed! 🙄
Old 09-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #58874

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
How are things in RVMdom??? Everybody make it out of Maine without getting thrown into a lobster pot?

Our little corner of the Rainbow is glowing. Day trip to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn a couple of days ago. Bucket list, people.

We have been kayaking 4 times in the past 10 days. Just can't get enough of it on these lovely Michigan lakes. Found a place that rents a single or double yak for $15 for 4 hours. We have taken advantage. Kate uses our 10' yak and I rent a single seat 12 footer. Did a 5.5 mile round trip on the Grand River today. Kate paddled for 45 minutes or so then went back, sat on a bench on shore and read her novel. Wonder if it was something I said ......
No, it was cuz you didn't find any berries!...or the bears beat ya to 'em. (...and you stayed out the whole 4 hours? I'd have been tempted. Such a deal, $15!)

Next on the Henry Ford list might be the home in southern FL. The Fords and the Edisons spent time together there & those museums are quite interesting too.

Cheers!
PS: Do you know/play "Y'all Come"? Simple chords, but really fun lyrics.
Old 09-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #58875

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
The routine around here in the morning is to wake up the birds and bring Mac outside for his morning duty. We go to a tree just behind the screen house where there's a favorite perch for him. Well, todays routine got a bit interrupted by this guy who decided the screen house made a good observation landing...
Incompatible! Great way to shake up the day, though. What was s/he?

I saw an unusual lump on a dead oak branch last evening and found it to be either a Long-eared or a Great Northern owl. We've been hearing it, but hadn't been able to see it. This one actually looked, in silhouette, like a giant cat up there, ears and all. I think it must be the Long-eared.

Hi Mac! Hi Boko!
Old 09-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #58876

Quote:
I wouldn't bring him out there with that guy there. So into the big house he went (his normal day time dwelling). Not being totally awake I couldn't make out what it was but my first thought was some kind of raptor, it wasn't until I played with the camera I found out it was the owl. Still not something I'd want to see an encounter with Mac, it's bad enough when Boko goes after him
That was an owl? I'd have thought it was a hawk, but you must have gotten a better look w/ your camera zoom than I can get on this phone w/ its zoom. Either way, incompatible! 😲
Old 09-03-2016, 11:10 AM   #58877

Friend in store in downtown Little Rock felt it

We are moving today... Yea have service again....

Just talked to Dieseltech..... Gonna meet up tomorrow....
We will be in Wisconsin....

Diane toftSFM#64....... (The Original Fast Talking Sliding Finger Mutant) and is retired, duh!
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:30 AM   #58878

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
That was an owl? I'd have thought it was a hawk, but you must have gotten a better look w/ your camera zoom than I can get on this phone w/ its zoom. Either way, incompatible! 😲
I'm with you! Looked like a sparrow hawk on steroids to me.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:22 PM   #58879

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I'm with you! Looked like a sparrow hawk on steroids to me.
It very well may be a type of hawk, it was hard to tell and I thought it was an owl cuz it seemed kinda chunky to me to be a hawk, but I could be wrong, I'm not really a "bird" person

Edit - besides, there's like 7,000 species of birds so it's hard to track them all.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #58880

Quote:
It very well may be a type of hawk, it was hard to tell and I thought it was an owl cuz it seemed kinda chunky to me to be a hawk, but I could be wrong, I'm not really a "bird" person

Edit - besides, there's like 7,000 species of birds so it's hard to track them all.

My vote: sparrow hawk

Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1472927380.442763.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  42.4 KB
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 01:19 PM   #58881

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
My vote: sparrow hawk
Attachment 138010
After seeing that pic, yea, totally agree and it makes sense because I see these guys all over the place on top of light posts on the highway. They sometimes are spread out every two-three light posts each and watch for little rodents running along the highway. I try to point them out to Mac or Boko when we're driving but they seem too interested in watching things go by at eye level.
Old 09-03-2016, 02:43 PM   #58882

Quote:

Well, hey, Carl, ya only hafta know one at a time. Whassa prollem?
Old 09-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #58883

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Applications being accepted at 3765 Bexley Rd Cherry Creek BC for dirt therapy sessions. Denise needs help and I'm too busy trying to get the ceiling finished in the Moho. Barb wait til you see the wiring conduit I made to get 12 volt to places the Moho didn't have 12 volt to before. Should be finished in time for the GC next August.
Wotcha doin'?
Old 09-03-2016, 05:11 PM   #58884

Some RVs are big some RVs are small. Some Mutants are short and some mutants are tall.

We are all different in so many ways, some travel full time, others only for days.

But we are a family, this I swear to be true. And sometimes we fight, like most families do.

But when the rig needs a shove, because you've broken down, just give us a shout and we'll come around.

Weather we do the fixen or just come there to sit. Together on the rainbow, it only seems fit.

When one is in need, there is some one to call. Your never alone to carry the ball.

So across this great country, as you travel the land. Should you cross paths with a mutant you should offer your hand.

Because once your accepted and our family has grown
No matter your location your never alone.

Thank you all for being my mutant family😘