Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #60873

Fleetwood Owners Club
Yay, finally caught up again. Now after we've been here since Labor Day we find out this campground has another wifi available and it has good reception. Sheesh.

Tomorrow morning I go get this stupid basal cell thing cut off my neck and probably some stitches for a week. Apparently I'm not supposed to lift over 10 pounds (and YES Carol said, "don't even start with that need help with going to the bathroom gag"...) so I said "then I'll need help lifting my shoes (size 14) thet are god for 10 pounds each..."

Anyway, stitches out around the 21st, Grandparents' Day at GK's school on the 22nd, Thanksgiving dinner with family on the 24th and then FINALLY heading SW on the 25th (well, at least as far as Effingham IL to see my brother as we go by (wonder if I can find any effing eggs to go with the effing ham?) Then head for sunny Arizona for the winter, 250-300 miles at a time...

The hardest part about riding the rainbow would appear to be getting on it in the first place...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:29 AM   #60874

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Yay, finally caught up again. Now after we've been here since Labor Day we find out this campground has another wifi available and it has good reception. Sheesh.

Tomorrow morning I go get this stupid basal cell thing cut off my neck and probably some stitches for a week. Apparently I'm not supposed to lift over 10 pounds (and YES Carol said, "don't even start with that need help with going to the bathroom gag"...) so I said "then I'll need help lifting my shoes (size 14) thet are god for 10 pounds each..."

Anyway, stitches out around the 21st, Grandparents' Day at GK's school on the 22nd, Thanksgiving dinner with family on the 24th and then FINALLY heading SW on the 25th (well, at least as far as Effingham IL to see my brother as we go by (wonder if I can find any effing eggs to go with the effing ham?) Then head for sunny Arizona for the winter, 250-300 miles at a time...

The hardest part about riding the rainbow would appear to be getting on it in the first place...
Hooray for people who know how to cut & sew! Ommmms for a perfect surgery & easy recovery!

PMing you re mini-c.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-14-2016, 07:57 AM   #60875
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
No refunds. Club credit only.
I'm gong to apply it to the next smoker (BBQ that is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
Hey, you promised to not tell Wayne I was running a scam. And he's the guy who wanted to charge me $50 for a ride around the inner circle in Tucson.

Denise and I still laugh about that ploy.

Thanks for including us in this wild and wacky family.
Couldn't have picked a better family to belong to.
Okay, for those who don't know here is the real story. Dennis needed a part for his MH and I said I would drive him to the store to pick one up. He said he had to get his wallet and when he was inside the MH I pulled up to where Dwayne and others were standing and told them what we were going to do. Dwayne (as usual) said, "I have one of those he can have! He gave it to me and I pulled up and Dennis got in the car. I drove him around a couple spaces in the RV park, pulled up in front of his RV and said, "That will be $50 please!" He looked at me with a look on his face that is not describable and said, "What for?" I handed him the part and said, "For the ride and this!"

And the rest is Mutant history.

Quote:

ROFLMAO about lifting.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 09:13 AM   #60876

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Hooray for people who know how to cut & sew! Ommmms for a perfect surgery & easy recovery!

PMing you re mini-c.

Happy Thanksgiving!
X2 on the procedure. So far I've had a couple successfully removed and all is good. Just keep an eye peeled for others.

We have a hold on AZ so it will be here here for you when you get here!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #60877

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
SO, so true, but it's definitely worth it! Where are you planning to be in Arizona? There will be lots of us there this winter. I'm wondering if we might scare up enough RVMs to have a gC or even a GC in Tucson again. Maybe late February?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:55 AM   #60878

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
SO, so true, but it's definitely worth it! Where are you planning to be in Arizona? There will be lots of us there this winter. I'm wondering if we might scare up enough RVMs to have a gC or even a GC in Tucson again. Maybe late February?
Speaking of on the road again... How did Sena do this morning? Hopefully all went well for the little imp?
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #60879

Fleetwood Owners Club
AZ will be interesting. My understanding is that most parks will be pretty full by the time we finally arrive (December sometime) so it will be curious to see where we actually end up. We thought about Yuma originally but may end up in the Phoenix area (warmer). Hopefully we'll land in a place with some other mutants...if not we'll track you down and go find you (promise or threat, take it as you will...).
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #60880

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Sena is now sleeping off the effects of sedation given to her at the vet's office. She has to be sedated in order to draw blood. I'm still reeling from the bill -- $909! Owning a monkey is not cheap. We may be eating beans and rice the rest of the moth and much of next month. The good news is that we like beans and rice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #60881

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
AZ will be interesting. My understanding is that most parks will be pretty full by the time we finally arrive (December sometime) so it will be curious to see where we actually end up. We thought about Yuma originally but may end up in the Phoenix area (warmer). Hopefully we'll land in a place with some other mutants...if not we'll track you down and go find you (promise or threat, take it as you will...).
We're planning to boondock most of the winter. First near Cottonwood, then near Yuma so I can hop over the border to stock up on medication, then Quartzite. The Pima county fairgrounds has a nice RV park that is very reasonably priced.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2016, 01:28 PM   #60882

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I just spoke with Barbara at the RV park at the Pima county Fairgrounds. She is checking to see if they will have room for a bunch of us Feb 15-21. How many of you would like to party with us that weeks. The rate is $125/week for 50/30 amp FHU.

I know Papaw Steve is going to Florida this winter. I thought I'd step in and try to fill his shoes. That's a pretty tough act to follow.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2016, 01:33 PM   #60883

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I just spoke with Barbara at the RV park at the Pima county Fairgrounds. She is checking to see if they will have room for a bunch of us Feb 15-21. How many of you would like to party with us that weeks. The rate is $125/week for 50/30 amp FHU.

I know Papaw Steve is going to Florida this winter. I thought I'd step in and try to fill his shoes. That's a pretty tough act to follow.
Better start practicing your eggs Benedict, that's for sure!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 02:28 PM   #60884

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
My first supermoon in Florida was obscured a bit by clouds, but still looks pretty neat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1973.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	144376  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #60885

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Better start practicing your eggs Benedict, that's for sure!
Geez, I forgot about that I'm not a cook so I think I'll have to pass on that part of the GC tradition.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 11-14-2016, 05:24 PM   #60886
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Sena is now sleeping off the effects of sedation given to her at the vet's office. She has to be sedated in order to draw blood. I'm still reeling from the bill -- $909! Owning a monkey is not cheap. We may be eating beans and rice the rest of the moth and much of next month. The good news is that we like beans and rice.
My gosh, that's more then us humans pay. What did they vaccinate her with, gold!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote