Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2017, 12:17 PM   #62735

Vintage RV Owners Club
I do believe that we are RV Mutants. We are very happy with what we have. Our good friends and travel companions have a 40' dp with 4 slides and all the bells and we would not trade. Although a little more storage would be nice
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #62736

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguincp View Post
Yes they did sign up and logged in. Dave helped them
That explains soooo much!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #62737

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufy1 View Post
I do believe that we are RV Mutants. We are very happy with what we have. Our good friends and travel companions have a 40' dp with 4 slides and all the bells and we would not trade. Although a little more storage would be nice
Well I do believe you are an RVM at heart! So we get that you don't have a 40' Dp and don't miss it!! But, there's one more requirement before becoming RVM 151 - Declare the Journey is the Destination before our august group! That's all there is to it!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:27 PM   #62738

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Well I do believe you are an RVM at heart! So we get that you don't have a 40' Dp and don't miss it!! But, there's one more requirement before becoming RVM 151 - Declare the Journey is the Destination before our august group! That's all there is to it!
I do Declare the Journey is the Destination. When I get there I get there and enjoy the ride
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #62739

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
While I've been busy transferring all my files and programs to my new laptop, we have two new mutants!

Welcome to both, RVM150 aka Kenicki and RVM151 Snufy1. Kenicki sure didn't have to do any mopping or sweeping.

My DH and I live in Idaho along the Lewis & Clark trail so if you ever get into our neck of the woods, please let us know so we can meet you. Hope you both can get to the RVMooning event this August.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:17 PM   #62740

Quote:
I do Declare the Journey is the Destination. When I get there I get there and enjoy the ride
Well, hey there, snufy1! Glad to have you along for the journey! Make yourself at home, read as much of the archive as you can stomach, and some of us will introduce ourselves, myself included. Cheers!
Old 01-08-2017, 03:36 PM   #62741

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
That explains soooo much!!
Now what's that line about "Great Minds Think Alike"

Quote:
Great having you on board, I've followed your exploits for years. Your somewhat of a hero in my book!

Old 01-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #62742

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the insanity, Snufy1! Please tell us more about yourself. I've sent you 2 private messages that will help you navigate thru the muddy water here.

There are 2 Grande Curiosities planned for this year so far with more always possible.

The first is in Tucson, AZ February 18-25 at the Pima County Fairgrounds RV Park. The sites are all full hook up with 50/30/20 amp electric. They charge $125/week

The RV Park at The Pima County Fairgrounds | Tucson, AZ 85747

The second coincides with a total solar eclipse and is in the zone of totality. That park is the River Mountain RV park in Idanha, OR August 17-23. The sites have FHU and 50/30/20 electric for $180/ week or dry camping next to the Santiam River for $120/week.

River Mountain RV Park | Idanha, detroit lake, sisters,river mt rv

Last I heard this park was booked. Please put your name on the waiting list and we will see if we can maybe squeeze a few more Mutants in somehow. There are other parks in the area, but a lot of the fun will be missed if you aren't parked with us. If you can get a dry camping spot, take it! We have 2 RVMs who are willing to give up a FHU site to dry camp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:26 PM   #62743

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Steve, most MH lighting runs off of 12vdc so wiring it to the over the sink fixture should not work. The house batteries, 12vdc are what powers the lights unless you have one of the 1% MH's. Nice to have lighting but need to go with 12v systems. Take Carl up on his offer and meter the wiring over the sink.

Some old time RV's had a slide witch in the lighting that could be switched one way or the other for 12vdc or 110vac. How old is your MH? :-)
Honey has 2 sets of lights... some work on chassis battery, some work when plugged in. ( Some do both) My folks trailer had lights you switched one way for being plugged in and another for not. But they too had a few that were only 12 volt.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #62744

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Ok having a problem with Kenicki getting on and able to respond and say hi any answeres
Using phone app? Took me awhile to figure out how to log in on that...
Old 01-08-2017, 05:55 PM   #62745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Hey, when you get here there will be a lot of "yakking" so don't worry about the prop.

Yes Tim, and not an Arkie oaf.

Dennis, am I even yet?

Steve, most MH lighting runs off of 12vdc so wiring it to the over the sink fixture should not work. The house batteries, 12vdc are what powers the lights unless you have one of the 1% MH's. Nice to have lighting but need to go with 12v systems. Take Carl up on his offer and meter the wiring over the sink.

Some old time RV's had a slide witch in the lighting that could be switched one way or the other for 12vdc or 110vac. How old is your MH? :-)
Thanx for the feedback. I've decided that a truly 110 fixture will NOT work. We have ordered a fixture designed for RV use. It's offered thru Camping World (online only). Variable lumens power for the LED lights. Works on battery and shore power. $115.00 dollars easy install.

My suspicions started when I unboxed the fixture we picked up at The Home Depot. The fixture had a ground wire. My light fixture position above the sink has two (black and white) wires coming out of a roughly drilled hole in the bottom of the cabinets (above the sink). I said to myself "Self, something isn't right here. A fixture with a ground wire probably needs to be attached to a metal electrical box not a plain old hole coming out of a piece of wood" So that's my story. BTW, I am not serious competition for Dwayne, Wayne, or Carl when it comes to DIY stuff.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #62746

Quote:
Ok having a problem with Kenicki getting on and able to respond and say hi any answeres

Nicki is the operator for Kenicki.
If anyone can assist them with getting live on iRV2, we will begin to enjoy Nicki's amazing wit.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #62747

Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Yes they did sign up and logged in. Dave helped them
See below for the incongruity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nicki is the operator for Kenicki.
If anyone can assist them with getting live on iRV2, we will begin to enjoy Nicki's amazing wit.
See above for the incongruity

Welcome to the nonsense RVM's number 150, 151 and 152.
I have to be first onct in a while
Possum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #62748

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Using phone app? Took me awhile to figure out how to log in on that...
She has tried the app and logging into the full site using my iPad.

Dave! What did you do to jinx them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote