Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #64303

You.... we have been both routes.... northern route or even thru utah gets my vote... thx these med names are totally confussssssing me
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 AM   #64304

Yea Sue.... proud of you
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:45 AM   #64305

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You.... we have been both routes.... northern route or even thru utah gets my vote... thx these med names are totally confussssssing me

Yep those confusing names have plagued me for 39 years!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:00 AM   #64306

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Morning fellow Mutants. Texas was yesterday today is LA/MS and then back to Florida. Stopped in Hammond LA at a Pilot as I don't think they have ANY rest areas in LA. It was actually pretty quiet here. I'll probably be just north of Tampa tonight when I stop. It'll be too dark to try and park at the campground. Just a mere 650 miles left.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:05 AM   #64307

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Morning fellow Mutants. Texas was yesterday today is LA/MS and then back to Florida. Stopped in Hammond LA at a Pilot as I don't think they have ANY rest areas in LA. It was actually pretty quiet here. I'll probably be just north of Tampa tonight when I stop. It'll be too dark to try and park at the campground. Just a mere 650 miles left.
Woot! Stay safe!!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 08:26 AM   #64308

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Woot! Stay safe!!

Ditto, Carl.
Hey, Muteys, is there any reason the RVM Ancient Scrolls should NOT list Carl as the Official RVM Most Driven Driver, as in "He may drive like crazy, but he's Mutant" eh?
Take care, Carl. The Mooning is looming.
You have proven you Mutanity in making Flor-Izona twice a week.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #64309

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ditto, Carl.
Hey, Muteys, is there any reason the RVM Ancient Scrolls should NOT list Carl as the Official RVM Most Driven Driver, as in "He may drive like crazy, but he's Mutant" eh?
I'll second the notion. Crazy is a state of mind, and mutant is another. The Ancient Scrolls know all!
Old 02-28-2017, 01:24 PM   #64310
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Wayne! It's good that you left early this morning. I heard on the radio at about 3:00 that I-10 was closed at the AZ/NM border due to dust.
We saw some news about that. When we came through it was probably just starting. One of the problems is that the farmers will till their land. That has caused I-10 to be closed down before. Hey, they have to eat, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
[...]

The real fun will start once we get out near Oceanside, Ca. I expect it to be hot, but it's a dry hot, at home it will be hot with unbearable humidity!

[...]
You will love the coast, and stay as close to it as you can. Oceanside for example will be in the 70's but if you go 10 miles inland it can rise to 80 and the further inland the higher the temperature. Hug the coast.

I still recommend I-40. Average temperature in Flagstaff for Jun/Jul/Aug is 78˚/82˚/˚79 and that is on I-40. The average temperature in El Centro, CA for Jun/Jul/Aug is 103˚, 106˚, 101˚ and that is on I-8.

You'll like Oceanside weather for Jun/Jul/Aug as it is 67˚/70˚/71˚ and that is usually what you will get going up Hwy 101. (A few exception days of course)

Oceanside, CA to El Cajon, CA is 44 miles. Staying anywhere between Oceanside and San Diego would be better for sight seeing the area.

Using the "Coaster" would coast you $5.50 each (Senior rate) for round trip from Oceanside to San Diego Sante Fe Depot (Foot of downtown SD) The Orange Line or Green Line Trolley will get you to El Cajon for $1.25 each one way fare.

Trust me, it is one of the better ways to move around in the area. Plan on staying in the SD/Oceanside are a few days and take advantage of the Coaster and Trolleys.

From the Sante Fe Depot you can walk to Seaport Village and Downtown SD. Please do stop at Old San Diego and enjoy the history and the Mexican restaurants. If you continue walking though Old Town up San Diego Ave, about 3 blocks up is Old Town Mexican Cafe. Great food but especially the freshly home made tortillas. Try one first for $0.50 with butter. Yummy!

Ask for information and thou shall receive. I have a close friend that lives in Vista, CA so whatever he knows I'll pass on.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #64311

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Had a nice lunch with Dave and Deb today at Big Nose Kates in Tombstone today. Mel and Kate... where are you? Lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_121425.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	153406   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_122801.jpeg
Views:	74
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	153407  

Name:	20170228_123523.jpeg
Views:	102
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	153408   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170228_121628.jpeg
Views:	84
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	153409  

Name:	20170228_135321-1.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	153410   Click image for larger version

Name:	1488318139192.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	164.4 KB
ID:	153411  

Old 02-28-2017, 04:35 PM   #64312

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks to our international travelers Sue, Martin, Earlene and Wayne I had an introduction to Thai cuisine Sunday night! I really enjoyed the subtle flavors and the interesting inedible plants like bamboo, lemongrass and lime leaves that flavored the soup. And the egg rolls were probably the best I've ever tried. Of course I couldn't eat it all so I brought some home.

Sena saw the container of Thai soup in the fridge and insisted on having some. Uncertain how she would like it I only gave her about a tablespoon of the liquid. At first she lifted up the small bowl and tasted the contents with just the very tip of her tongue. Her reaction was rather mixed and I thought maybe it was too cold. When I asked for the bowl back to warm it she took it up to her space on the cabover where I couldn't reach it. "It's mine and you can't have it."

I watched as she found one of her spoons (the 4" plastic tasting spoons I bring home from Costco) and dipped it into the soup. This time she licked soup out of the spoon, but she was still acting puzzled -- as if she couldn't decide if she liked it or not. I returned to what I was doing and later found the bowl abandoned which means she decided she didn't like it.

As for me, I loved it! But it doesn't love me. Right as I got home Sunday pm I had a reaction that was much like lactose intolerance. When I searched online I found that many people are coconut milk intolerant. Boo Hiss! There is not a pill like Lactaid to help so next time I'll have the soup without coconut milk in it.

We have moved to Snyder Hill -- the BLM land SE of Tucson. The sun is finally out, but the wind is rather fierce. :-( We are staying in today recovering, but I plan to get out and see the sights of this area, which are numerous.

I sure miss my Mutey sisters and brothers!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:49 PM   #64313
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We miss you also and Earlene says she is sorry that you had the reaction to coconut milk. Who'd a thought, right.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:33 PM   #64314

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Ditto, Carl.
There is the "driven" as in miles to drive.... then there is the "driven" as in 'I have a goal to meet, and nothing is going to stand in my way!'
Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #64315

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
There is the "driven" as in miles to drive.... then there is the "driven" as in 'I have a goal to meet, and nothing is going to stand in my way!'
And in Carl's case, they are one. OMMM. OMMM. RANGE...
Old 02-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #64316

Tonight's dinner - Bangers and Mash. Thanks again, Wayne

Attachment 153422

The leftover mash and cabbage will go towards making Bubble and Squeak for tomorrow's breakfast.

In the meantime, Sue had home made Tamales from Patagonia. What a cosmopolitan couple we are!
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote