Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #66683

Fleetwood Owners Club
Clogged pipe cleaner. Water pressure is applied, black short hose swells to size of pipe then water sprays out end, pressure builds between the clog and the device till something gives! Can be somewhat exciting, and messy!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #66684

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Clogged pipe cleaner. Water pressure is applied, black short hose swells to size of pipe then water sprays out end, pressure builds between the clog and the device till something gives! Can be somewhat exciting, and messy!
Oh the humanity! It far worse than I imagined!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:17 PM   #66685

I've seen the movie RV.
RVM #104
Dasmoeturhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #66686

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Drain/ Vent from combo W/D clogged with lint. Normally, loads and clean cycle would have washed most of it away. But sitting for a month in Phoenix Sun, any accumulation dried into a clog.

So winner, winner. Chicken dinner Tim! Funny thing is, I was doing the lint cleaning process. So the washer was empty and I had adjusted the water level in setting 11 to just above the mid point, stopped the fill process, set it to 12 to complete the wash cycle. This clears the lint out of the machine and system. Went outside to enjoy the weather while it completed the wash cycle. And what to my surprise did I see... no tiny raindeer but Bonita began to rain water on the ground. Oh the humanity!
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 03:43 PM   #66687

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Drain/ Vent from combo W/D clogged with lint. Normally, loads and clean cycle would have washed most of it away. But sitting for a month in Phoenix Sun, any accumulation dried into a clog.

So winner, winner. Chicken dinner Tim! Funny thing is, I was doing the lint cleaning process. So the washer was empty and I had adjusted the water level in setting 11 to just above the mid point, stopped the fill process, set it to 12 to complete the wash cycle. This clears the lint out of the machine and system. Went outside to enjoy the weather while it completed the wash cycle. And what to my surprise did I see... no tiny raindeer but Bonita began to rain water on the ground. Oh the humanity!
Btw I know I posted this before- but these are the secret instructions, not contained in the ownwers manual, for cleaning the lint from the Splendide 2100 XC... Splendide will email you the .pdf file if you call and ask nicely.

Cleaning Instructions for Splendide 2100XC Clothes Washer/Dryer
1. Without clothes in the unit and with the dry time off, place the cycle selector on #11 and push start. When the water stops entering the unit and if the water is not up to the line across the glass, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), then push start. Repeat this process until the water in the unit is at the correct level.

2. When the water level is correct, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), move cycle selector knob to #12 and push start. Allow unit to complete cycle.

3. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.

Unit should be cleaned once a month using this procedure. In addition, using an extra rinse cycle on every load also helps with lint removal.

I really think that ought to be in the manual.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #66688

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
When I lived in a house on a septic tank I would put a ladies knee high stocking over the drain tube to collect the lint that the washer produced. Better than Rid-X.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #66689

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Ha...

Well here's the next hint.
You are putting in a waterbed?
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #66690

Quote:

Btw I know I posted this before- but these are the secret instructions, not contained in the ownwers manual,

Unit should be cleaned once a month using this procedure. In addition, using an extra rinse cycle on every load also helps with lint removal.

What are the manual writers thinking when they omit such basic instructions? We'll make the company money by generating repairs?

Blows my tiny mind.

Martin has a story, too ....
Old 05-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #66691

Reading Steve's comments on instructions missing from the manual reminded me of a similar situation that we encountered on our recent travels. The evening before departure from a site, I make it a practice to stow the satellite antenna, a roof mounted open face Winegard. One evening, it failed to stow, showing an 'EL Motor Out' error message on the control box. I went outside and there it was with the LNB arm sticking straight up looking not unlike a cat playing the cello. So I went to the manual and the only suggestion was to call Winegard or, in extreme emergency, go up and manually crank it down.

So I then consulted Mr Google and came up with an interesting and helpful post on the Thor Owner's forum, of all places. This guy had had the same problem and had got the following instructions from Winegard:

Press and hold "enter" on interface box until "enter user menu" appears.
Press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter".
Press "select" until the * is next to "installation", and then press "enter".
When asked for password, press "enter" 4 times.
Press "select" until the * is next to "calibrate el" and then press "enter".
It will then say "on EL hard stop". If the satellite is still pointing straight up press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter".
It should say calibrate EL success. Once it does, press "enter".
Press "select" until the * is next to "exit".
It should then say "power off: yes/no". Press "select" to move the * next to yes, and then press "enter"

It worked! Later, I called Winegard and asked why this important info was not in the manual. Their response was that they had taken the decision not to publish the fix in the manual because they wanted to hear from people who had experienced this problem.

Duh! I thanked the guy who gave me the tip and reprint it here for the benefit of anyone who suffers this problem.

It did happen once more on our travels - and that's why I now carry a print of the fix in the AV cabinet.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #66692

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well Martin - I have to say - all 3 of our Jags had similar stories to tell, and tell, and retell... But just like RVing - love every bit of the journey!
Old 05-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #66693

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3484.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	162067God's promise he will never again destroy the world by flood. (Been strange weather the last 24 hours)
MZCRUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #66694

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Btw I know I posted this before- but these are the secret instructions, not contained in the ownwers manual, for cleaning the lint from the Splendide 2100 XC... Splendide will email you the .pdf file if you call and ask nicely.

Cleaning Instructions for Splendide 2100XC Clothes Washer/Dryer
1. Without clothes in the unit and with the dry time off, place the cycle selector on #11 and push start. When the water stops entering the unit and if the water is not up to the line across the glass, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), then push start. Repeat this process until the water in the unit is at the correct level.

2. When the water level is correct, hold the start button in until the unit stops (Resets), move cycle selector knob to #12 and push start. Allow unit to complete cycle.

3. Repeat this procedure 2 more times.

Thanks for the info #2. Going to do this tomorrow on the new W/D I had to replace the 14 yo one with after it let the smoke out of the control board.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #66695

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinthebus View Post
Thanks for the info #2. Going to do this tomorrow on the new W/D I had to replace the 14 yo one with after it let the smoke out of the control board.
Our first one spun the concrete locks off the drum. Box of rocks... Lol.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:55 PM   #66696

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Our first one spun the concrete locks off the drum. Box of rocks... Lol.
I'll bet that was a new alert that the washer was DONE! [emoji33]