Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2017, 09:43 AM   #66963

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
At least you are headed the right direction, Fred, but you'll need to go further north if you want to escape the heat. I had to look up Holiday, TX. I see you'll have a grueling 2 hour drive. How ever will you manage that?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2017, 09:48 AM   #66964

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Sue, do did a great job in the Seattle area! It was sunny and high 70s. Oh wait, Mother Nature did that -- you were just warning us to wear sunscreen. I used to blister after just 15 minutes in the sun, but after age 55 all that changed. I don't even sunburn anymore, just tan, and wrinkle.

I figured I was a prime candidate for skin cancer since my Dad and younger brother have both had minor skin cancers removed. When I went for my skin cancer screening in March the dermatologist said, "Keep doing what you've been doing." And that is nothing. And so I shall.
A real proven mutant trait, we're all great at doing nothing.
Pogo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:37 AM   #66965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
If I'm near by I can format any SD card for Windows or MAC with my MAC and download the EXE file instead of the DMG file.

Are not Fruits wonderful.
Aren't they *all* amazing, especially to those of us of a certain age! If you grew up with these gadgets, it's only natural, not miraculous.

BTW, if Apple products are fruit, does that make Androids the vegetable?
Old 05-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #66966

Before I miss the day entirely, I should tell y'all that today is...

... Hamburger Day!

Wonder if that's anything to do with a holiday weekend ....
Old 05-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #66967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo 1 View Post
A real proven mutant trait, we're all great at doing nothing.
Ain't that da troof! Doin dat right now!
Old 05-28-2017, 06:05 PM   #66968

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Before I miss the day entirely, I should tell y'all that today is...

... Hamburger Day!

Wonder if that's anything to do with a holiday weekend ....
Did you find a calendar that shows what is special about every day, or are you taking some creative license? Well, I guess at our age, every day is a gift. Enjoy hamburger day y'all. Actually I'd prefer steak, medium rare, please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #66969

Oh, what a day. Our celebration of 50 years of marriage was attended by friends, neighbors, and family (in the process of figuring out how many). What stories and memories were shared by those who knew us "back when".

My daughters, Amy and Jennifer, and their families did a fabulous job in putting the shindig together. They enlisted their friends to help with hauling, cleaning, and putting the food out and keeping the plates full. We are so blessed.

Pics were taken courtesy of my oldest daughter. She hired a professional photographer. We'll be more than happy to share pics of the party in Oregon. With enough wine, margaritas, and amarreto mules, I know you attendees will enjoy the experience. LOL
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 06:17 PM   #66970

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I got caught in a blizzard today. Not the cold white stuff, but fluffy white Cottonwood seeds drifting in the air. Every spiderweb is covered in them. The screen on the window I left open with the exhaust fan running is thick with them.

It got so bad that I was getting them in my nose and mouth and had to retreat inside. After about an hour they just quit. I hope that was it for this year.

I've been pulling up Cherry Laurel seedlings for days now. It looks like it will be Cottonwood seedlings next. It's a good thing I like to pull weeds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2017, 06:20 PM   #66971

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm looking forward to seeing y'all and the pics of this momentous event, Papaw Steve!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-28-2017, 06:23 PM   #66972

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As a mutant I'm entitled or something to head in the wrong direction. Afraid I still have go more south to Houston for a freind's wedding before retreating back to Santa Fe. But at least it's only low eighties today in Ft Worth.

Got a couple racks of ribs on the grill and beer in hand so not all bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #66973

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Did you find a calendar that shows what is special about every day, or are you taking some creative license? Well, I guess at our age, every day is a gift. Enjoy hamburger day y'all. Actually I'd prefer steak, medium rare, please.
Who me? Creative license? What a thought!

No, it's a calendar of special days, & I fear there's one (or even occasionally two) for every day of the year. Some are quite wonderful. Just wait! 😉

I'll join you in that steak ... or maybe one of my own. Or a rack of those ribs here mentioned. Yummm-mmm.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:32 PM   #66974

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Happy Memorial Day

Went to pick up my Mom today for the gathering at my sisters. Ran across this really nice display at a school right near my Mom's that she says they do every year. Quite a display for sure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2993.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	666.1 KB
ID:	163348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2995.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	672.6 KB
ID:	163349  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2996.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	471.5 KB
ID:	163350  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:44 PM   #66975

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Oh, what a day. Our celebration of 50 years of marriage was attended by friends, neighbors, and family (in the process of figuring out how many). What stories and memories were shared by those who knew us "back when".

My daughters, Amy and Jennifer, and their families did a fabulous job in putting the shindig together. They enlisted their friends to help with hauling, cleaning, and putting the food out and keeping the plates full. We are so blessed.

Pics were taken courtesy of my oldest daughter. She hired a professional photographer. We'll be more than happy to share pics of the party in Oregon. With enough wine, margaritas, and amarreto mules, I know you attendees will enjoy the experience. LOL
You're on, Steve! Can't wait to see the pics and hear the stories. Congrats again to you both.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 07:50 PM   #66976

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
As a mutant I'm entitled or something to head in the wrong direction. Afraid I still have go more south to Houston for a freind's wedding before retreating back to Santa Fe. But at least it's only low eighties today in Ft Worth.

Got a couple racks of ribs on the grill and beer in hand so not all bad.
Are there wrong directions... or just wrong timing. Although on occasion, Gypsy Garmin has lead me to the middle of a corn field... totally missed an RV park etc. Enjoy the wedding and the ribs and have a beer for me.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote