Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 PM   #67733

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLGPE View Post
Please pass on our blessings and good ommmmmmsss to all who are having difficulties. Our own problems are too minor to mention.

I'd like to change the subject a little; the Great RV Mutant Mooning is fast upon us. I just asked Barb to send me the park info again, which she very graciously has done. At least now I know where I'm going, now. (Not always the case!) I also asked Barb about the best routes to get there, and was wondering if we should set aside a discussion on that subject.

We plan to leave a park in Idaho near the west gate of Yellowstone. We can go south and pick up I-15, I-86 and I-84 to take us across the top of Oregon, but we were wondering if there were other opinions that experienced PNW travellers might know.

Tom & Jan
Do the I-15 to I-86 to I-84 will be good. Just across the border into Oregon is Ontario. You can take hwy 201 south to hwy 20. Stay on Hwy 20 to Vale Oregon. At Vale, you have a choice. You can stay on hwy 20 which is pretty boring barren scenery or you can take hwy 26 to Prineville and then 126 to Redmond. They both end up very close to each other. If you take the 26/126 route, then stay on 126 to The Sisters. After the Sister, you will take hwy 20 to Idanha. Watch for the turn off for hwy 20 and don't miss it.

We will be coming from the north so will be on I-84 until Biggs Junction and then take hwy 97 down to Redmond. You could stay on 84 until then but it would be a longer drive for you.

Talked to my brother tonight and verified when he needs to come and stay with our dad. He is not sure if he will drive out from KY or fly. I just told him to be here by the 10th.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #67734

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
Thanks, Marty. Mom has pulled through, to everyone's surprise. She was discharged on Friday and is now in rehab. This bout of pneumonia (5th time in the past 2&1/2 yrs) really took a toll on her, though. She has lost a lot of weight over the last 2 years. She's down to 101 lbs now and is very weak. She really hates being so helpless.

Kate and I spend every day off with her. She tells us that Zorro is the best medicine. When he saw her the first time after she got out of hospital, he went berserk! Jumped up on her lap and smothered her with kisses! Happy tears filled her eyes. She loves him to pieces.

I sure miss chatting with everyone. One of these days I'll be back on more regularly.

It's good to know Larry is on the mend! Looks like Earlene was in hospital. (Kind of a drastic way to get away from Wayne for a few days, dontcha think?) Ommmms for Dwayne. Back pain is the worst.

Hugs all around!

M
I'm glad you mom is doing better. That pneumonia is tough on them. My dad had a bout last year and we didn't think he would make it through. He has lost 70 lbs in the last year. We got him a fidget spinner for Father's day. He is fascinated with it. We post a pic on FB. There is not much he can do anymore as he also is very weak and gets out of breathe walking a few feet. Thank goodness for his seated walker.

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 AM   #67735

Oh Flagg, you read that totally dufferent than I did,to me papaw Steve was saying not WORKING under the rv.... ponder which.... glass half full, etc..... but then you just saw Dwayne, so that makes me wonder....

Really nice photos, btw... so much cooler here in Ark, we only just the other day hit our first 90 degree day....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:09 AM   #67736

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Great news on your Mom, Mel! I hope that rehab helps her get her spunk back ASAP! Never under estimate the power of Mutant Ohmms.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:20 AM   #67737

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Tom! From Idaho to the Great Mooning there are basically 2 choice -- scenic, but slower US 26 or faster but boring US 20. The mileage difference is only 4 miles.

I took 26 last month and thoroughly enjoyed the slower pace and marvelous scenery. If you are wanting a campground alone that route Dayville is tidy and Quaint. RV Park Reviews shows 2 parks with excellent ratings. We boondocked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-20-2017, 09:26 AM   #67738
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
First, happy to hear your mom is on the mend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPH View Post
[...]

It's good to know Larry is on the mend! Looks like Earlene was in hospital. (Kind of a drastic way to get away from Wayne for a few days, dontcha think?) Ommmms for Dwayne. Back pain is the worst.

Hugs all around!

M
Oh no you don't. Rooms are single person and I was able to sit there all day and play on my iPad and bother her.

I did take some time off on Sunday to be alone at home for a couple hours after I got up. I needed the rest.

It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #67739

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Great news on your Mom, Mel! I hope that rehab helps her get her spunk back ASAP! Never under estimate the power of Mutant Ohmms.
X10 Mel. So nice you are able to be there with her.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:15 AM   #67740

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Sue! What special day is it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #67741

Vintage RV Owners Club
Question, on the scenic route, there is no gas, so on the boring route, are there more gas options? I need to figure out how far Honey can go on a full tank...her gas gage has never worked...never really bothered us, but this trip it might be a tad more important for planning....
Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 PM   #67742

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Question, on the scenic route, there is no gas, so on the boring route, are there more gas options? I need to figure out how far Honey can go on a full tank...her gas gage has never worked...never really bothered us, but this trip it might be a tad more important for planning....
Can ya go 400 miles on a tank...
Old 06-20-2017, 12:53 PM   #67743

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gotta ask Bob that question!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #67744

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
A couple more pics from today's adventure.
Wonderful pics, amazing places.

(Aren't wheels great?)
Old 06-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #67745

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Hey Sue! What special day is it?
I was afraid I was boring everyone.

We've missed Donald Duck Day, Corn on the Cob Day, Iced Tea Day & Bourbon Day, among others. Sunday was International Panic Day & yesterday was Sauntering Day. But today actually has no appointed name on my list!

In New Zealand, they are celebrating their shortest day; does that help? Tomorrow ... esrly announcement ... is:

Daylight Appreciation Day.

Cheers!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:28 PM   #67746

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
Gotta ask Bob that question!
I'm not sure how Honeys m.p.g.s. rack up but when we get in the mountains Bonitas mileage drops. The B-Van got 10 mpg no matter where I drove her.

I don't think there will be a problem. From Boise to Idanha is 400 miles... and in between there are numerous options on various ways in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_122608.png
Views:	50
Size:	359.0 KB
ID:	165840