Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #67761

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
So, at 4 p.m my dad wanted some crackers with PB on them. It happened to be chunky pb. He popped out what I first thought was a nut. Instead of a nut, it was a big part of a tooth. Called his dentist and the dentist himself called me back. The dentist stopped by my dad's house with some epoxy and filled the exposed root. Hopefully that will hold. He was also on his way to a senior care center to see patients that are homebound. I didn't know that dentist did that anymore.

On another note, one of my grandsons had back surgery today to put in some rods. Surgery went well. Ohmnns for speeky recovery. Thanks.
Deb and Dale - - healing ohms for your grandson. It was a tough surgery for my grand daughter to heal from. Took a good month for her to act more like herself and be pain free. All is good now. Without it she was facing a lifetime of problems.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2017, 08:06 PM   #67762

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
Take yer pick day ??? https://www.checkiday.com/
I like National Bald Eagle day. I've learned to recognize the calls that the family of 4 who live in the tree above me make. Did I tell you about the speckled tail feather I found? One of the juveniles is working on that beautiful white adult plumage.

I put the feather back where I found it after reading online about it. Did you know there is a fine of up to $100,000 and a year in jail for just possessing Bald Eagle feathers? I was just studying it, I promise, officer!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #67763

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I like National Bald Eagle day. I've learned to recognize the calls that the family of 4 who live in the tree above me make. Did I tell you about the speckled tail feather I found? One of the juveniles is working on that beautiful white adult plumage.

I put the feather back where I found it after reading online about it. Did you know there is a fine of up to $100,000 and a year in jail for just possessing Bald Eagle feathers? I was just studying it, I promise, officer!

Sure Barb, taste like chicken dosnt it.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:32 PM   #67764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
Take yer pick day ??? https://www.checkiday.com/
Wow! Makes my head reel!
Old 06-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #67765

Quote:
So, at 4 p.m my dad wanted some crackers with PB on them. It happened to be chunky pb. He popped out what I first thought was a nut. Instead of a nut, it was a big part of a tooth. Called his dentist and the dentist himself called me back. The dentist stopped by my dad's house with some epoxy and filled the exposed root. Hopefully that will hold. He was also on his way to a senior care center to see patients that are homebound. I didn't know that dentist did that anymore.

On another note, one of my grandsons had back surgery today to put in some rods. Surgery went well. Ohmnns for speeky recovery. Thanks.
Didn't know *any* dentist did home visits! How great is that!

Ommms for your nephew's recovery. Hope it all goes uneventfully.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #67766

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Thanks Sue. I don't take my camera out as often as I should. It's just so easy to snap and shoot with the phone. But I bought this camera for retirement and Carl (and Don on FB) have me thinking about it again. It's a great hobby. I remember when I was taking the N.Y. Institute of Photography course, early on they instructed students to take the camera everywhere you go. I guess I need to start doing that again.
Phone cameras only go so far. You can't change lenses, you can't get depth of field, you can't filter, no raw images (so they're worthless for editing) and they seem to fail to capture the moment for me. After my last stint in Tucson, I said, enough is enough, there's no way I'm going to the RVMooning so ill-equipped. And you're right, you need your camera with you or you'll miss too many shots. I was thinking just that on my way to the store today where I had to sit in traffic for a minute or whatever and had a nice shot of farmland off to the side. Would've looked good on a DSLR, just another "blah" landscape shot on my iPhone. (sure it might have looked OK, just not as good)
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:41 PM   #67767

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
FYI: Those going to be in OR for the GC Mooning: I have spoken to a relative who lives in Oregon. They are warning everyone that the influx of people coming for the eclipse will cause all kind of traffic jams. They are telling people to plan on it taking twice as long to get anywhere. A geocaching friend of ours is renting out some of his farm land for people to park their MH's on. I've even seen it in the news for Idaho residents planning on going to Oregon to plan ahead as it will take lots longer to get there.

So everyone take extra caution while driving there and be safe. Those long stretches of lonely roads just might have lots of traffic. Hopefully most of us are getting there before everyone else is. I'm sure glad Barb had the foresight to have us plan ahead.
Depending on the hour I reach OR and the endurance left in me, I may or may not be driving route 20 (or 26) during daylight hours. Maybe that would help with traffic? Or maybe it might even be better to just stay on the superslab and circle around. I guess it's one of those ponders I'll work on during my trip there
Old 06-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #67768

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Is that still true? I know it was a problem when they were on the endangered species list but they got kicked off that for too much propagating...
Old 06-20-2017, 08:49 PM   #67769

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Short driveabout today to a local lake / state park. There was more road to travel to the actual lake - but we met some folks coming our way on the road who said we'd better go back. It was raining just around the next climb and the road was sloppy. Oh well. We were able to see some of what we were looking for...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_191150.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	165884   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_191724.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	150.7 KB
ID:	165885  

Name:	20170620_192411.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	272.1 KB
ID:	165886   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_191535.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	165887  

Name:	20170620_190926.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	165888   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_192702.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	165889  

Name:	20170620_192844.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	165890   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_193407.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	165891  

Name:	20170620_144537.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	165892  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #67770

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ha everyone,Cindy is coming to town!
Tropical storm Cindy that is!
We're going to celebrate by going back to the lake!

Wayne how's the outlook for y'all?
Old 06-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #67771

Papawto5, flaggship1, sam60, and crew here...

Thanks for the good outlook and level-headed reply's. It’s appreciated. It did me good to whine & complain a bit.
I’m just getting anxious cause I want to roll with the RV ‘big dogs’ instead of just the locals & weekend warriors.

But enough about me. Lets get back to the topic at hand”
RV Mutants and a nice bowl of Bald Eagle Soup…

Regards,
-Ej-
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #67772

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
Papawto5, flaggship1, sam60, and crew here...

Thanks for the good outlook and level-headed reply's. It’s appreciated. It did me good to whine & complain a bit.
I’m just getting anxious cause I want to roll with the RV ‘big dogs’ instead of just the locals & weekend warriors.

But enough about me. Lets get back to the topic at hand”
RV Mutants and a nice bowl of Bald Eagle Soup…

Regards,
-Ej-
Yum yum!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:31 PM   #67773

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Cindy is coming to town!
Tropical storm Cindy that is!
We're going to celebrate by going back to the lake!
There's something about 'RVs' and tropical storms... I just cant seem to put my finger on it.
Electrojake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #67774

American Coach Owners Club
Good night Johnboy.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote