Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #67831

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Shhhhhh!

That's nice weather and the view is wonderful but it all still looks dead. I wished they'd plant more things out there.
Nothing grows there but sagebrush. It's high desert. You can drive for 50 miles and not see anything alive. I only take that route because it's 100+ miles shorter than going thru Salt Lake City. In the fall when I'm headed south there is no snow on the mountains. Talk about boring!

Steve you lucked out. I figured all the mountain snow would have melted by now. I recommend you visit Shoshone Falls east of Twin Falls. The Snake River is probably still running high from snowmelt.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 04:11 PM   #67832

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our personal sagebrush and the sagebrush next to us are mutated. This is one of those places I just find interesting. There are all sorts of things growing here and back at Ely and Great Basin. You just have to look for it. There's actually bristlecone pine at Wheeler Peak but its a 3 mile round trip hike I wasn't prepared to make at 12k feet. Folks were doing it. There is an amazing amount of water throughout the area right now believe it or not. I know - pic or didn't happen, but believe me, there are large expanses of what could be called marshland. Rain and snow melt don't stand idle here, it runs in one direction or another and when it stops there's marsh.

The view from the KOA --- trust me... walk out there with boots on and walk back barefoot.

I know there are 2 perfect times each year to be here. I may look into that. The entire area is 24' RV friendly. But parks are thin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170622_144913.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	166033   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170622_144917.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	166034  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170620_195718.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	166035  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #67833

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Dude... there is nobody out here but a couple ranchers and a farm or 2. This is the real deal High Desert - not that Az wannabe "high desert".
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Nothing grows there but sagebrush. It's high desert. You can drive for 50 miles and not see anything alive. I only take that route because it's 100+ miles shorter than going thru Salt Lake City. In the fall when I'm headed south there is no snow on the mountains. Talk about boring!

Steve you lucked out. I figured all the mountain snow would have melted by now. I recommend you visit Shoshone Falls east of Twin Falls. The Snake River is probably still running high from snowmelt.
No need to defend it, I was kidding but if there is a farmer or two, perhaps you could just nudge them a bit to plant more

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Our personal sagebrush and the sagebrush next to us are mutated. This is one of those places I just find interesting. There are all sorts of things growing here and back at Ely and Great Basin. You just have to look for it. There's actually bristlecone pine at Wheeler Peak but its a 3 mile round trip hike I wasn't prepared to make at 12k feet. Folks were doing it. There is an amazing amount of water throughout the area right now believe it or not. I know - pic or didn't happen, but believe me, there are large expanses of what could be called marshland. Rain and snow melt don't stand idle here, it runs in one direction or another and when it stops there's marsh.

The view from the KOA --- trust me... walk out there with boots on and walk back barefoot.

I know there are 2 perfect times each year to be here. I may look into that. The entire area is 24' RV friendly. But parks are thin.
Was Tim there before you? (I see a fence)
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #67834

Ok first Di is correct I'm not the vet Shara is. Also I have Medicare. Went back today and he said my TMJ and my neck are pissed his words. He also said my back is not happy. Took x-rays of my face and he was shocked at what he saw. He said I thought you was exaggerating but you have more work in your face than I have ever seen. But everything was in place as it should be. Thank God. But I have never had any issues with my TMJ till now he says it's just a coincidence. And from the x-rays I'd have to agree. But that doesn't stop the pain. Thanks for the kind words.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #67835

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
No need to defend it, I was kidding but if there is a farmer or two, perhaps you could just nudge them a bit to plant more [emoji23]

Was Tim there before you? (I see a fence)
I wasn't so much defending it as describing it cause if ya just drive by you don't see it. But we really got out there and checked it out. It was a good 4 night stay!! Happy to be doing what we set out to do!!

Edit... 1,200 peeps in Wells at 2010 Census. Ely 4,200.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:53 PM   #67836

R U an RV Mutant too?

Forty-nine years ago today, on the first full day of summer, a dream came true. I married my best friend. And it all started with a blind date!

Hand in hand we have traveled the ups and downs of many grand adventures together.

Each day as "one" is a treasure.

I love you, Nola Ann!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #67837

Vintage RV Owners Club
WEll... Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary... to the Fred Flintstone tune! One more year and it's a big 'ol Hulaballoo Partay for youse Two!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:16 PM   #67838

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
WEll... Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary... to the Fred Flintstone tune! One more year and it's a big 'ol Hulaballoo Partay for youse Two!
X+2, one more and you're half-way there to 100!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #67839

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Forty-nine years ago today, on the first full day of summer, a dream came true. I married my best friend. And it all started with a blind date!

Hand in hand we have traveled the ups and downs of many grand adventures together.

Each day as "one" is a treasure.

I love you, Nola Ann!
Congatulations you two! Oh Yeah

Quote:
Heck Marty, we'll start the Hulabalu in Oregon, no need to wait! Plus we got Papa Steve and Mary Ann's to celebrate. Shoot we just might have a renewing of vowels..... And consonants too!

Quote:
X+2, one more and you're half-way there to 100!
Good idea Carl, a reasonable goal!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:48 PM   #67840

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
X2 Marty and have ya noticed he actually looks like Fred? Or is it Barney? No wait. Dino.
Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #67841

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
This looks like fun! To bad we won't be here. Wells Nevada!

http://www.wellsfunrun.org/
Old 06-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #67842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Ok first Di is correct I'm not the vet Shara is. Also I have Medicare. Went back today and he said my TMJ and my neck are pissed his words. He also said my back is not happy. Took x-rays of my face and he was shocked at what he saw. He said I thought you was exaggerating but you have more work in your face than I have ever seen. But everything was in place as it should be. Thank God. But I have never had any issues with my TMJ till now he says it's just a coincidence. And from the x-rays I'd have to agree. But that doesn't stop the pain. Thanks for the kind words.

Thank goodness you have Medicare, I was beginning to worry about that as well as about you....
Hugs and ohms my sweet friends
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:33 PM   #67843

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Thank goodness you have Medicare, I was beginning to worry about that as well as about you....
Hugs and ohms my sweet friends
Thank you and prayers to you and Larry.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #67844

Oh yeah! Thank you! We were eating w/ a friend at a Korean BBQ today when Martin told me about your mochi post ... just in time for me to order some for our dessert. Sweet red bean flavor, served w/ a squiggle of chocolate syrup on the plate. Mmm-mmm! Friend had never had it before, but was happy to help us polish it off.

It's all your fault! 😙