Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2017, 08:00 AM   #68181
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Doesn't everybody?

Hmm! I think I'll buy a loud speaker so I can play my theme song. Thanks for the idea.

Quote:
Trying something new to us: brined Cornish game hens on the rotisserie. Has anyone else done this or something similar?
Never even stuck a beer can up a chicken's butt either.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2017, 10:01 AM   #68182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

Hmm! I think I'll buy a loud speaker so I can play my theme song. Thanks for the idea.

Oh sugar! Now I've gone & done it!

Never even stuck a beer can up a chicken's butt either.
Is that how beer can chicken works?! Why? I passed up those recipes online while researching the rotisserie method & recipes.

The little hens were moist & tender, a white & a sweet potato baked in the drip pan under them, & the gas tank didn't run out during cooking. Plus: there are leftovers! Brining rocks!
Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #68183

Newmar Owners Club
For those attending the eclipse. Whether it be at the great RVMOONING or elsewhere for those of us who will scatter along the path. Don't forget your special glasses. Just saw a local newscast that said many libraries in the state have them available for free.
Y'all have a happy and safe 4th.
Sara n Chuck
Rvm 50.5 and 50
chuckinthebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #68184
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Is that how beer can chicken works?! Why? I passed up those recipes online while researching the rotisserie method & recipes.

The little hens were moist & tender, a white & a sweet potato baked in the drip pan under them, & the gas tank didn't run out during cooking. Plus: there are leftovers! Brining rocks!
You brine with rocks!!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:22 AM   #68185
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today is the start of replacing the driveway. The one that "was" there was all cracked and those who have visited can attest to that.

So the tear out started and what astonished me is that the driveway is only 3" of concrete and no re-bar, not even chicken wire (without the beer can). No wonder it cracked with 30,000 pounds rolling on top of it.

The sidewalk from the driveway to the house had square fencing about 1/8" thick but just down the middle and out a few inches. Strange, or not.

The person doing the tear out, contractor's son, said that back in the day when neighborhoods were built they would lay down the re-bar and after the inspector left they would pick it all up and move it to the next house to be inspected. Who knew!

Anyhow, going with 6 inch concrete and good re-bar throughout. I'm going to have to remeasure after the new stuff goes in to see if I can get more than a 40'er in there. I'm increasing the side where the MH parks by 30 inches. Earlene doesn't want to remove the big palm tree so 30" is about it, but that will leave room for slides on driver side to extend and still get the car (her car) in and out of the garage.

Speaking of her car. It is in the garage right now and they are tearing the driveway out. No way would she park "her" car outside.
Old 07-03-2017, 11:41 AM   #68186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
In Indianapolis, 90 + percent of the victims knew the person that committed the murder. Seems that an extremely high percentage of the murders are the result of gang activity, drug dealing, unstable personal relationships, and other types of mindless and senseless personal behavior. Getting oneself caught up in this activity is the result of poor decisions not coincidence.

The greatest gift parents (black and white) in the inner cities can give their young children is to move to rural America. Ignorance breeds ignorance. Violence breeds violence. Poverty breeds poverty. Low expectations breeds low expectations. Etc, etc, etc

Sooooooooo many support groups in America's inner cities have exhausted their resources, energy, efforts to discover solutions, and faith in humanity. There needs to be some very frank discussions among the citizenry. Answers will not come easy, but it's time to address the "elephant in the room". Being "poor" is not the cause. The "whoa is me" excuse doesn't fly. There's far too many law abiding , God fearing people in the cities of America for that excuse to be perpetuated.

I now step down from my soapbox.
Well Said ! You would think many would kill themselves out, but it seems they keep multiplying...

We have troubles in out small town too...

I wish I knew what the ultimate answer is...

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #68187

Quote:
Today is the start of replacing the driveway. The one that "was" there was all cracked and those who have visited can attest to that.

So the tear out started and what astonished me is that the driveway is only 3" of concrete and no re-bar, not even chicken wire (without the beer can). No wonder it cracked with 30,000 pounds rolling on top of it.

The sidewalk from the driveway to the house had square fencing about 1/8" thick but just down the middle and out a few inches. Strange, or not.

The person doing the tear out, contractor's son, said that back in the day when neighborhoods were built they would lay down the re-bar and after the inspector left they would pick it all up and move it to the next house to be inspected. Who knew!

Anyhow, going with 6 inch concrete and good re-bar throughout. I'm going to have to remeasure after the new stuff goes in to see if I can get more than a 40'er in there. I'm increasing the side where the MH parks by 30 inches. Earlene doesn't want to remove the big palm tree so 30" is about it, but that will leave room for slides on driver side to extend and still get the car (her car) in and out of the garage.

Speaking of her car. It is in the garage right now and they are tearing the driveway out. No way would she park "her" car outside.
Wayne, FYI.
The concrete pad for our metal shed - 40'x50' - used 48 cu.yds of 4,000 psi concrete, with fiber. 5" deep with 12"x12" deep footings all round, 6"x6" wire mesh and rebar. Oh, and underneath, a 6" bed of compacted 3/4" rock. The high strength concrete is important considering the point loads our rigs put on it.
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #68188

Vintage RV Owners Club
Even out here in Podunk Paola, We have kids that will join the KC area and National gangs... it is sad. Part of it is lack of family cohesiveness, and there are those who need the confidence boost of knowing they could take the beating it took to get in... just so folks don't look at them as weak. Plus, when they get in trouble, they have the backing of a big organization to come to their aid and mess up someone who messed with the rural member. I don't know what the answer is either, but it is sad. I do believe it starts with cohesive families.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:57 PM   #68189

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post

We have troubles in our small town too...

I wish I knew what the ultimate answer is...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
I don't know what the answer is either, but it is sad. I do believe it starts with cohesive families.
Love and family: parenting.
And Mutating as needed. [emoji7]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 06:07 PM   #68190

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Today is the start of replacing the driveway.

Wayne, you made me lawf! [emoji23] And that, heavily.
Got a stash of rebar hidden somewhere?
Earlene is wise in her ways. Has chauffeur, and her car stays pristine.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #68191

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wayne, I'm no engineer but I have written engineering specifications in the past. If your slab is going to be exposed, ask the concrete supplier if "air-entrained" concrete would be a good option for your climate. Up here in Indiana the air entrainment makes exposed exterior concrete more resistant to weathering. Maybe as far South as you are it isn't necessary though... do make sure they put in expansion/contraction joints though to reduce the chances of cracking.
Again I'm used to writing specs for 100 degree temperature swings in a year, your climate might not have that much difference (aren't the seasons in your part of Texas 'not too hot, too hot, too freaking hot and still too hot'?)...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:10 PM   #68192

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Wayne, I'm no engineer but I have written engineering specifications in the past. If your slab is going to be exposed, ask the concrete supplier if "air-entrained" concrete would be a good option for your climate. Up here in Indiana the air entrainment makes exposed exterior concrete more resistant to weathering. Maybe as far South as you are it isn't necessary though... do make sure they put in expansion/contraction joints though to reduce the chances of cracking.
Again I'm used to writing specs for 100 degree temperature swings in a year, your climate might not have that much difference (aren't the seasons in your part of Texas 'not too hot, too hot, too freaking hot and still too hot'?)...
You forgot humid! And fire ants! The two things I remember about moving to Wayne's World from Cali at age 10. Then snakes. Then mosquitos. Then crashing my bike on oyster shell roads. Actually sweating playing baseball. More snakes.

But it was a great place to grow up.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #68193

Fleetwood Owners Club
Easy to sweat playing baseball in Indiana in summer when the temperature and humidity were the same numbers...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:26 AM   #68194

Flashback!
Jeff Dutcher, World Renowned Surfer!
He "rides the nose" and "hangs ten" like nobody else!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5252.JPG
Views:	76
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	167479
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5253.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	167480