Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #68503

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My daughter bought me an Instant Pot on Amazon and had it shipped to me. I fixed dinner and dessert tonight in it. I think I'm gonna love it. Lasagna was ready in about 10 min. (5 on pressure setting and 5 min on saute) Later, I did the dessert, apple crisp. It cooked 8 min and then had to cool to eat. Can you say yum?
Does anyone else have one?

Happiness isn't the destination but the journey along the way!
geocacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #68504

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Oh we have been good. We sold our coach and went back to a fiver. We just got back from the maiden voyage. We went to Manitoba and then back to BC via the Crows Nest Pass and into Idaho. It was a 3000 mile rounder. We had planned to stay in Idaho a little longer but it was just too hot. We have not made plans yet for next excursion but Maybe Oregon next month. The only thing bad about that is getting past Seattle, Yuk! I finally gave up on the horrid habit called work so now have more time.
We will be in Idanha Or (Or thereabouts) 7/20 - 8/27. Ding. Ding.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:45 AM   #68505

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
Tim... hear me now... see me later. It is hot here in Boise area. Plan your days accordingly. Especially in Vegas at Oasis. Not much shade. We will head out in an to run our errands, site see and have a bite to eat. By the time we get back Bonita will be cooling down.
Steve, you've been in hot weather so much lately that you may find Idanha too cool. Have you looked at the forecast there recently?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:21 AM   #68506

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
The only thing bad about that is getting past Seattle, Yuk! I finally gave up on the horrid habit called work so now have more time.
This is my 6th summer in the Seattle area. The key to getting thru Seattle is two-fold

1) timing -- going south I would make the trip between 10:15 and 10:45. If you are an early bird then 5:00-6:00 am.

2) use the express lanes. Unlike some HOV lanes, any vehicle can use the express lanes. The signs will warn you 2 miles before they start. You'll need to be in the left lane to enter.

Tacoma traffic can be a nightmare also and there are no express lanes. Also Olympia traffic crawls during rush hour, Friday afternoon/evening headed south and Sunday afternoon/evening northbound.

Here's info on the Express lanes --

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Northwest/King/ExpressLanes/

If you are considering joining us in Oregon you need to call and reserve a site ASAP! Make sure to tell them you are an RVMutant. Central Oregon is bracing for 1 million extra people coming to see the eclipse.

This link is for the campground.

River Mountain RV Park | Idanha, detroit lake, sisters,river mt rv
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:33 AM   #68507

Quote:
Originally Posted by geocacher View Post
My daughter bought me an Instant Pot on Amazon and had it shipped to me. I fixed dinner and dessert tonight in it. I think I'm gonna love it. Lasagna was ready in about 10 min. (5 on pressure setting and 5 min on saute) Later, I did the dessert, apple crisp. It cooked 8 min and then had to cool to eat. Can you say yum?
Does anyone else have one?

Love mine..... i got the small 4 quart one.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:55 AM   #68508

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Steve, you've been in hot weather so much lately that you may find Idanha too cool. Have you looked at the forecast there recently?
What's this nonsense you speak... We can't wait to get to cooler climes... lol.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:46 AM   #68509

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Today we move down the road a few hours to Burns, Oregon for the night. Tomorrow we move to Bend for 4 nights, and then it's Idanha here we come. Can't wait!
Old 07-15-2017, 01:45 PM   #68510

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
That's hours not days my friends. Coach is packed and ready to go. Hook up the Enclave after restaurant visit tonight. Blast off is 6:45 or 7:00 a.m.

We are going to follow US 36 across 3 - 4 states. Agenda: Estes Park, Canon City, Montrose, Dolores, Moab, Reno, trek up US 365 to Idaho, and then head west to Idanha. As Grand Poohbah Dave would say "Woot Woot".

It will be a slow stroll by our standards. Leisurely in fact with numerous multi-night layovers. Can't wait.

Grand kids wished us well and were jealous not to join us. But their "involvement schedules" no long have room for week long + trips.

Will see many of you SOON. Yes Tim, that's a warning.

My time spent on this thread will be sketchy for about 2 months. Prayers and ohms will not cease to those we care about and love.
When ya get close to St. Joesph... Holler and we'll see if we can get free for a meal! Maybe our new Kansas Mutant can join us! Sounds like it isn't too far north of him! Parkville Might be a good meeting spot... I'll be driving further than you...but it's worth it!
Old 07-15-2017, 02:29 PM   #68511

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartySQ View Post
When ya get close to St. Joesph... Holler and we'll see if we can get free for a meal! Maybe our new Kansas Mutant can join us! Sounds like it isn't too far north of him! Parkville Might be a good meeting spot... I'll be driving further than you...but it's worth it!
We're sitting in Hannibal, MO right now. A short trip from home (about 325 miles). Got here early, early afternoon since we left home at 6 a.m. CT. Tomorrow we start our journey across US 36.

We'll look at our map and see about a mini-C . Oh course we'll see you in Idanha in late August.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #68512

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
We're sitting in Hannibal, MO right now. A short trip from home (about 325 miles). Got here early, early afternoon since we left home at 6 a.m. CT. Tomorrow we start our journey across US 36.

We'll look at our map and see about a mini-C . Oh course we'll see you in Idanha in late August.

Hey Papawto5 I sent you a PM
Old 07-15-2017, 03:13 PM   #68513

Quote:

Please send me a PM. Parkville, MO??? (northern suburb of KC, MO) We talking lunch or supper? I'm would be in need of 57 feet of room in a restaurant parking lot if I drove directly to Parkville. Would probably look to stay in St. Joseph for the night. Know of any CG near St. Joe?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:40 PM   #68514

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
We will be in Idanha Or (Or thereabouts) 7/20 - 8/27. Ding. Ding.
If you are going to be there till 8/27 we may be able to break loose and get down that way. We were thinking Oregon Coast sometime in Aug. but hey.
Idanha is 7 hrs from here or there abouts so just a short jaunt.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #68515

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
This is my 6th summer in the Seattle area. The key to getting thru Seattle is two-fold

1) timing -- going south I would make the trip between 10:15 and 10:45. If you are an early bird then 5:00-6:00 am.

2) use the express lanes. Unlike some HOV lanes, any vehicle can use the express lanes. The signs will warn you 2 miles before they start. You'll need to be in the left lane to enter.

Tacoma traffic can be a nightmare also and there are no express lanes. Also Olympia traffic crawls during rush hour, Friday afternoon/evening headed south and Sunday afternoon/evening northbound.

Here's info on the Express lanes --

https://www.wsdot.wa.gov/Northwest/King/ExpressLanes/

If you are considering joining us in Oregon you need to call and reserve a site ASAP! Make sure to tell them you are an RVMutant. Central Oregon is bracing for 1 million extra people coming to see the eclipse.

This link is for the campground.

River Mountain RV Park | Idanha, detroit lake, sisters,river mt rv
Hey Barb,
What date or dates are the days for the big Meet?
We usually now cross the border on Friday and stay at Tulalip for the night and then slip through Seattle to Portland real early Sat. morning. That seems to work for us.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:49 PM   #68516

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Hey Barb,
What date or dates are the days for the big Meet?
We usually now cross the border on Friday and stay at Tulalip for the night and then slip through Seattle to Portland real early Sat. morning. That seems to work for us.
The official GC dates are the 17th through (and including) the 24th. The really big day is the 21st of course.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote