Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #69063
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Di, my mutant window sticker is faded....help?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #69064

+ - 300 miles roundtrip to Capital Reef National Park today.

If we weren't road weary veterans of the SouthWest, we would have been awl struck and impressed. The excellent valley cliffs were very nice but I've seen much the same beautiful land formations elsewhere in the SouthWest. Spoiled rotten fellow mutants. Huh?

Mary Ann was able to get her passport book stamped (she's working of filling book #2) and I was able to get a CRNP sticker for our plexiglass "tales of trips taken in the past" sticker display.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #69065

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I have magnet RV Mutant stickers for our Jeep (Skye). (My forever thanks to Steve, who's fault all of this banter is) said I with a preposition at the end of a sentence.
[emoji6][emoji6]
I think we all know who those magnets were for... Long Live Red! She served you Well!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170802_204441.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	171458  
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 09:51 PM   #69066

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dinner tonight in Tillamook - right across the street from the factory... some of, if not the best fried oysters ever! And another excellent fish and chips...

Tomorrow we head about an hour south to Lincoln City. 2 nights - just long enough to see a few sights...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170802_185013.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	171459  
Old 08-02-2017, 10:14 PM   #69067

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
+ - 300 miles roundtrip to Capital Reef National Park today.

If we weren't road weary veterans of the SouthWest, we would have been awl struck and impressed. The excellent valley cliffs were very nice but I've seen much the same beautiful land formations elsewhere in the SouthWest. Spoiled rotten fellow mutants. Huh?

Mary Ann was able to get her passport book stamped (she's working of filling book #2) and I was able to get a CRNP sticker for our plexiglass "tales of trips taken in the past" sticker display.
I hear ya Steve... We have lost the awe... to tree tunnels...

One day we can all sit down and talk driving... especially east / west in Oregon. Coming here the other day.... 3 1 lane brides on a 2 way highway with no shoulder... guy comes across the line - I move an inch to the right and... clunk - tire in hole in shoulder made by some other guy that got nudged to the right. No harm no foul - visible. Hate that.

A guy spun out 180 in s turn the next day. We were 2 cars behind him. He missed a telephone pole and meeting with his maker by about 5 feet.

Yesterday - went to drive on beach - people standing there - go to the right of them... stuck in sand. Lady says - We just got stuck there... I'm thinking, thanks. She says - a guy came and pulled us out. I says... how much was that? Oh we didn't pay him. So 5 minutes later. Here he comes. Big 4x4 pickup with tow rope out the back end. Hooks me up and we're out! I give the guy a $20 and say - I don't get it. Been on lots of sand no problem. He says - You missed the "road". You mean where those people are standing. Yep. Pulled them out too. They just stood there... and let me... and gave you nuthin... Yep.

The things ya see.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:28 PM   #69068

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
I hear ya Steve... We have lost the awe... to tree tunnels...

One day we can all sit down and talk driving... especially east / west in Oregon. Coming here the other day.... 3 1 lane brides on a 2 way highway with no shoulder... guy comes across the line - I move an inch to turn right and... clunk - tire in hole in shoulder made by some other guy that got nudged to the right. No harm no foul - visible. Hate that.

Car spun out 180 in s turn the next day. Missed a telephone pole and meeting with his maker by about 5 feet.

Yesterday - went to drive on beach - people standing there - go to the right of them... stuck in sand. Lady says - We just got stuck there... I'm thinking, thanks. She says - a guy came and pulled us out. I says... how much was that? Oh we didn't pay him. So 5 minutes later. Here he comes. Big 4x4 pick up with tow rope out the back end. Hooks me up and and we're out! I give the guy a $20 and say - I don't get it. Been on lots of sand no problem. He says - You missed the "road". You mean where those people are standing. Yep. Pulled them out too. They just stood there... and let me... and gave you nuthin... Yep.

The things ya see.
They are probably splittin the $20 with the guy and waiting for another tourist. I have been there too.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #69069

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpatch View Post
Don't get on here much but follow you guys and your jabber!

Here are some pics of our leased spot on the Shuswap River. We leased so we can use the RV all the time. We're typically out every weekend now and am currently mid way through my 2 week vacation. We're about 40' from the river. I can sit and watch the water go by all day!

Sorry we're missing meeting you all in Oregon. Safe travels to all!

Attachment 171262

Attachment 171258

Attachment 171259

Attachment 171260
Nice spot and nice pics,Les. I was wondering where you've been. One of these days we will get up that way.
Old 08-02-2017, 11:35 PM   #69070

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Who has the original artwork for the RV Mutant logo? When we were in Tulsa last winter we saw a sign shop that could make flags. With seeing so many campers flying their college, military service, etc. flags below Old Glory, I thought it would be nice to fly the Mutant flag on high. Hopefully it wouldn't scare off... I mean, would attract inquiries and possibly new members...
Dave, I found a flag store in Phoenix that quoted me a price of about $6 each for a full color 18"x24" flag if we bought 50 of them. Higher priced for smaller quantities. I'd like to have one to fly when I'm parked near Quartzsite all winter and for GCs. Let's toss the idea around when we're in Oregon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:10 AM   #69071

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Dave, I found a flag store in Phoenix that quoted me a price of about $6 each for a full color 18"x24" flag if we bought 50 of them. Higher priced for smaller quantities. I'd like to have one to fly when I'm parked near Quartzsite all winter and for GCs. Let's toss the idea around when we're in Oregon.

I would love to have one...... count me in....

Wayne, not sure if any stickers left.... if so, then they are in the RV.... will look next time I go....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:49 AM   #69072
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
I'm in for 2 (Keep on spare so the 1st one will not have anything happen to it.)

Need some specs on the material, double sided, etc.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 AM   #69073

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I would love to have one...... count me in....

Wayne, not sure if any stickers left.... if so, then they are in the RV.... will look next time I go....
New subject:

Di, I ran across this pest we caught in our trap... So score: 1 Raccoon, 1 Opossum & this Chihuahua.. Chuckle!!

Name:	TT in Trap.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	171488

2 let loose in country & one managed to stay with us..

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 AM   #69074
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
They are probably splittin the $20 with the guy and waiting for another tourist. I have been there too.
Thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
New subject:

Di, I ran across this pest we caught in our trap... So score: 1 Raccoon, 1 Opossum & this Chihuahua.. Chuckle!!

Attachment 171488

Looks like a miniature Miya.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM   #69075

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
New subject:

So you kept the Possum. How on earth do you train a Possum to be a clean house pet?
MartinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:05 AM   #69076

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Martin... across the street from fish n chips. Coincidence. I think not.

We move down to Lincoln City for 2 nights. Time to pack up and roll. 1 hour 14 minutes. Oh the humanity.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20170802_181148.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	171503