Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #71919

Vintage RV Owners Club
WE haven't gotten any response from the feeler email Bob sent out about making candy canes, too... I think the ones who are most interested have too many little ones to consider trying to keep hot molten sugar away from little tender grubby hands... not exactly a child safe activity...LOL! I don't enjoy getting burned either, and don't do it often enough to work up my heat tolerance in my hands.Not a fast enough molten sugar handler to avoid the burn....
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-01-2017, 10:52 PM   #71920

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Marty, you can’t wear silicone gloves to handle that hot sugar?

https://www.amazon.com/Resistant-Ins...ilicone+gloves
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:21 AM   #71921

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Mutants I just got word that the family tradition that was scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled. Mary's mom and aunts would all gather at her moms house for this yearly festivities, then after her mom's passing it continued at our house and includes many of Mary's sisters, nieces and cousins. Started early in the morning with fresh coffee and donuts the clan gathered and started their prep work. My job traditionally was to clear out the garage and set up cooling tables, then stay gone! Rescheduling is a possibility but difficult with so many schedules to contend with. My fear is I may have to go through the season with no home made chocolate covered cherries, no peanut butter balls, no chocolate covered clusters, no heath bars, divinity and heaven forbid no caramel and chocolate millionaires. This traditional holiday candy making day could set the tone for the whole season. NO!!!

It appears the temperature here in AR is too warm for the candy to properly set!
Oh the humanity. For the sake of family traditions, clear out your kitchen refrigerator and put the stuff in coolers so there's room for the seasonal treats. I would find a way to make it happen. Wait . . . . I'm trying to lose weight. Candy, cookies, and other assorted treats don't even sound good.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #71922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
Oh the humanity. For the sake of family traditions, clear out your kitchen refrigerator and put the stuff in coolers so there's room for the seasonal treats. I would find a way to make it happen. Wait . . . . I'm trying to lose weight. Candy, cookies, and other assorted treats don't even sound good.

So SAD: So many traditions seem to fade after time...

No more grandkids trip to Hot Springs Arlington Gingerbread House;

No more driving around looking at lights & the contest to see which side of the car has more lights seen at decorated houses;

No more decorating tree together; etc

BUT!!! MEMORIES last forever!!!

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:35 AM   #71923

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
traditions

7 days until Navy faces Army...I will be watching the football game at St. Louis Ball Park Village. Come down and join me! I'll be on the Navy side!
Attached Images

Now in a Class C Coachman Leperchaun, trailer towing a 1950 Crosley Station wagon, or a '42 Pick-Up. Member of the Non-Affiliated Camping Group FMCA #F462997 RVM #146 Jon & Ellen
Eyephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:45 AM   #71924

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post
7 days until Navy faces Army...I will be watching the football game at St. Louis Ball Park Village. Come down and join me! I'll be on the Navy side!

Just curious, how many players will take a knee during the anthem at that game.[emoji849]
Old 12-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #71925

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
So SAD: So many traditions seem to fade after time...

No more grandkids trip to Hot Springs Arlington Gingerbread House;

No more driving around looking at lights & the contest to see which side of the car has more lights seen at decorated houses;

No more decorating tree together; etc

BUT!!! MEMORIES last forever!!!

No more tree here.... i do have a small tabletop tree that I put out, NAKED... then if anyone comes by they are welcome to dress the tree... grands seem to like doing this better than seeing a big fully dressed tree.

Decorations in house consist of only the nutcrackers and santa figures that Larry and I bought together..... all past life decorations were given to sons.... last year I gave the christmas village houses to them as well......

But we did keep the lifesize dancing santa,,,, with all of the extra storage in the attic, i can leave him set up, and just get him out.....
Guess i need a selfie with him,..
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:06 AM   #71926

No more tree here.... i do have a small tabletop tree that I put out, NAKED... then if anyone comes by they are welcome to dress the tree... grands seem to like doing this better than seeing a big fully dressed tree.

Decorations in house consist of only the nutcrackers and santa figures that Larry and I bought together..... all past life decorations were given to sons.... last year I gave the christmas village houses to them as well......

But we did keep the lifesize dancing santa,,,, with all of the extra storage in the attic, i can leave him set up, and just get him out.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #71927

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think there are grinches amongst us.
Old 12-02-2017, 09:10 AM   #71928

Fleetwood Owners Club
I think there are grinches amongst us![emoji56]
Old 12-02-2017, 09:36 AM   #71929

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Would you care to guess what Sena and Lily would do to Christmas decor? All our trees, uh bushes, are outside with the saguaro cactus.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #71930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyephoto View Post

Go Navy! Enjoy the game & the camaraderie. Cheers!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:19 AM   #71931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post

Times & our needs do change, don't they. I miss all the decorations, but not all the effort to pack them away. There's nobody here but us chickens anyhow.

Last year our tree was an inverted wire tomato cage wound with tinsel & lights, hung with only select ornaments. I put it on a table & weighted the base to keep the cats from tipping it over. They might have gotten inside it, but didn't, not that I know of anyway.

Now I'd really like to see you dancing with that Santa. Or Larry doing the same!

Cheers!
Old 12-02-2017, 11:37 AM   #71932

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Quote:
I think there are grinches amongst us![emoji56]
It's too early for me to start seeing double!!!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote