Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #72787

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'm back in business baby!

Well, very very close anyway...

Deposit on an Outdoors RV 5th wheel placed today. More soon
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
'5 Fleetwood Revolution- '15 Airstream Intl Sig. 27FB
Jay, Andrea, Stella '14 Ram 3500 Aisin '18 ORV F30RLS
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 AM   #72788

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
I'm back in business baby!

Well, very very close anyway...

Deposit on an Outdoors RV 5th wheel placed today. More soon

Woot! Looking for more news!

Cheers!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:19 AM   #72789
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
True that.
I can now harmonize with myself, or any nearby Unicorn...while keeping my mouth shut [emoji304]
First, there is no way you could keep your mouth shut.

Second, I have heard you sing. You should go to Hollywood to one of those talent shows. The walk would do you good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Well, gum procedure for Larry is over... not as bad as anticipated.... he did take a pain pill, but he is now sucking on Cheetos.....
lol... ohms that tomorrow is as good for him....
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac.5 View Post
Wayne now that CampDaven can hear, send him your theme song again.
Thank you, thank you, what a wonderful idea.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:07 AM   #72790

Ohms to Larry for continued healing. Prayers for you both. Ohms for all of the other afflicted mutants. Get well muteys.

We're about to embark on a 12 day cruise out of Miami (Belize, Bahamas, Jamacia, Costa Rica, Columbia, and Panama (thru the canal). We will be able to receive and send text, check emails, and use internet (For $54) but cellular hookup is expensive. So . . . . . we'll and you'll have to suffer thru the silence for #5. Another item checked off our bucket list.. Woot Woot

Pondering clothes for 12 days was a treat. We need 2 pack mules to haul the luggage to the group bus our Activity Committee set up.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #72791
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Tell Mary Ann to leave some shoes at home and you could travel lighter. (Don't tell her I said that!)
Old 01-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #72792
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Okay, this is sort of our "shake down" time. We are here at Fort Sam and we have three problems to be looked at. One is important but it is lucky we have a bath and a quarter. The Tecma Thetford was leaking. Not being at all familiar with electric toilets except to sit on them on occasion we called a mobile repair man. He is familiar with them and got right to the problem of a 90 degree valve coming off the solenoid had broke spewing water.

It is unfathomable that there is not a shot off valve to the toilet (there is now) and one would have to turn off the water supply to the whole motor home.

Well gee, a small little plastic 90˚ elbow reducer from 1 inch to 1/2 inch.....yeah but they cannot be found anywhere and trust me we searched and searched and after 3 days I found an RV place the could have one in 24 hours, and not have to pay shipping.

Well duh! I think shipping was included in the $48 parts cost, and they provided a toilet seal with the valve. Duh again. Tecma macerator toilets don't have a hole in the floor. Any one need a toilet floor seal.

Anyhow, I have the part and the repair person will be here today. Wonder what his labor is going to cost.

Second item is my mirror controls on the left panel next to the pilots chair. The breaker is no tripped. I"m thinking a wire may have fallen off...but who knows. (That was a search for a response)

The third s supposedly simple. Back flush inlet leaking. A new inlet should take care of that. I check the conections and all ar tight. Faulty seal between female thread and back of plate.

Oh well, y'all have a pleasant day. It is only 57˚ here in SA at 12:32 p.m.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:55 AM   #72793

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Okay, this is sort of our "shake down" time. We are here at Fort Sam and we have three problems to be looked at. One is important but it is lucky we have a bath and a quarter. The Tecma Thetford was leaking. Not being at all familiar with electric toilets except to sit on them on occasion we called a mobile repair man. He is familiar with them and got right to the problem of a 90 degree valve coming off the solenoid had broke spewing water.

It is unfathomable that there is not a shot off valve to the toilet (there is now) and one would have to turn off the water supply to the whole motor home.

Well gee, a small little plastic 90˚ elbow reducer from 1 inch to 1/2 inch.....yeah but they cannot be found anywhere and trust me we searched and searched and after 3 days I found an RV place the could have one in 24 hours, and not have to pay shipping.

Well duh! I think shipping was included in the $48 parts cost, and they provided a toilet seal with the valve. Duh again. Tecma macerator toilets don't have a hole in the floor. Any one need a toilet floor seal.

Anyhow, I have the part and the repair person will be here today. Wonder what his labor is going to cost.

Second item is my mirror controls on the left panel next to the pilots chair. The breaker is no tripped. I"m thinking a wire may have fallen off...but who knows. (That was a search for a response)

The third s supposedly simple. Back flush inlet leaking. A new inlet should take care of that. I check the conections and all ar tight. Faulty seal between female thread and back of plate.

Oh well, y'all have a pleasant day. It is only 57˚ here in SA at 12:32 p.m.
The problem is it is too warm there!! If you were north it would all be frozen and you wouldn't have to worry about till spring.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #72794

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
The problem is it is too warm there!! If you were north it would all be frozen and you wouldn't have to worry about till spring.
Speaking bout Winter. I was just talking to my buddy Joe and he tells me youse guyse on the *lower mainland got another blast of whineter? Must be terrible to have to own two snow shovels.

* lower mainland is located at the other end of the ferry ride that gets you off of this silly Island.
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #72795

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Speaking bout Winter. I was just talking to my buddy Joe and he tells me youse guyse on the *lower mainland got another blast of whineter? Must be terrible to have to own two snow shovels.

opcorn

* lower mainland is located at the other end of the ferry ride that gets you off of this silly Island.

Yuma reporting.
Boring!
Except for the food, sights, live music, food, friends, food, and stuff!!
Temps 70s/50s for the foreseeable forecast. [emoji22]
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 04:24 PM   #72796

I'm pretty sure one of them there "food" items would be really really palatable.

Did you say food?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #72797

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post

Yup we got some more!! I didn't want to whine but it was not as bad as the last one. I didn't have to get my buddy with his 966 cat loader to plow us out. It is warming up again I hope.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM   #72798

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yuma reporting.
Boring!
Except for the food, sights, live music, food, friends, food, and stuff!!
Temps 70s/50s for the foreseeable forecast. [emoji22]
Oh the Humanity!!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 PM   #72799

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Oh the Humanity!!
It's rough, I tell ya.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 PM   #72800

Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, I'm all caught up again. Had a trip to Miami Monday/tuesday ... heading back Next Friday and will be there until Monday or Tuesday depending on how well things go .
Getting through Atlanta was hard... all the planes were backed up, running late, etc. Don't go through Atlanta if ya don't have to!
Omms n prayers for Dwayne, Shara ( who are sick it seems), and Ray , and Larry, and any others who need them. IT Omms sounded like they are needed up northwest... Do we have a term for that yet? COOMS? Computer omms... Anyway... HI!