Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2018, 05:45 AM   #73011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Wunnaful, wunnaful! Good PoP, warm weather, interesting places, and probably lots of exercise too. Just getting anywhere on the ship is a hike. What line & which ship? Enjoy!

MSC ON THE DIVINA. 4,500 passengers. Christened in 2012. Great food so far. Trying to avoid the cattle stampede called the buffet line. Panama Canal today.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2018, 06:31 AM   #73012

Vintage RV Owners Club
Sounds like you're having a fabulous cruise, as well as trying to be wise with food choices. That's gotta take allot of strength of will.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 06:50 AM   #73013

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
MSC ON THE DIVINA. 4,500 passengers. Christened in 2012. Great food so far. Trying to avoid the cattle stampede called the buffet line. Panama Canal today.
Panama Canal is on our bucket list! Have fun!
Old 01-19-2018, 07:15 AM   #73014

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandersabout View Post
Send us the make model of this new to you unit and we will chase down every electrical or mechanical fault that one can find and before you know it will will convince you to buy a nice used diesel pusher.

Seriously though almost all problems (but Wayne's and Tim's) have been taken care of and repaired through knowledge shared on this forum.
My 1996 Dodge RAM 2500 Roadtrek 170 Popular 318 V8 5.2L, is now officially mine, problems and all. I spent most of yesterday in the DMV bleeding money.
The lights are working again, they just quit 2 blocks from home when my son was driving it home from the Winn Dixie parking lot. Hmm, might be a name for it there. The old owner wouldn't drive it to our house, and made us drive it home without a plate, and of course there were 2 cops with flashers on we had to pass holding our breath.
I'm busy reading the manuals, (even they smell old) taking the cushions out, thinking that is where most of the old RV smell is coming from. (22 yrs old)
My son was all, "so typical of a female. "You're all what should I clean first", He's all look at all the buttons to push!"
Any one bored yet?
Too bad.
So, nothing has been used in the van system wise I think in 18 years or the last 100,000 miles of it's 134,956. I know it needs new tires, probably a brake job, son says they go waaayy down when you step on them. That's right, I haven't driven it yet, and still have to put the plates on it. Where's the chicken icon?
I have probably most of the repair records, which was a little scary reading.
Looks like he's had some trouble getting the brakes working properly because he just replaced the booster and pads (I have receipts) a year and about 300 miles ago, and the ABS light 'just came on'.
Here's the free popcorn to keep reading.

Is there a word limit?
I want to go to the Tampa RV show, they have a couple of classes there and I'd like to see all the stuff I can't buy yet, cause I don't know what I'll need or be able to afford once I have it up on a rack somewhere.
Kind of like deciding to get on a rollercoaster huh? At least I didn't spend 10s of thousands of dollars to find out it needs all kinds of repairs. My goal was less than $10,000 and I may make it!
I'll post pictures when I figure out how. Have to go put the plate on for my maiden voyage today!
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:34 AM   #73015

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Do those grow on trees?

Well maybe it was a Polish chicken instead...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3986.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	1,023.0 KB
ID:	189272
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #73016

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Well maybe it was a Polish chicken instead...Attachment 189272
Old 01-19-2018, 08:03 AM   #73017

Fleetwood Owners Club
DIL wants me to get some chickens, mainly so GD can play with them.
My son quickly jumped in the conversation.
Do you not remember how often they (Mary and I ) are gone?
Do you not remember who has to take care of their place when their gone?
DIL added in, so how many do you think we should get grampa?

I see a coup and pen coming in the future. An Orange chicken would be nice. A friend has some that lay green eggs. Time will tell.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #73018

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:

I see a coup and pen coming in the future. An Orange chicken would be nice. A friend has some that lay green eggs. Time will tell.
Go for it, grandpa. The kids will talk about that experience the rest of their lives (hopefully in a good way).

I loved having fresh, still warm eggs for my breakfast. I was a young mom and my kids still talk about grandma's chickens.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 08:52 AM   #73019

Quote:

Before son moved to FL they had chickens, my brother in Helena collects exotic chickens...... go for it grampa.....
The silkies are cute
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 09:50 AM   #73020

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Ya gotta be a specialty farmer to raise em. They're tricky.
How about speciality chickens. Lay on demand. And lay to order. Poached, soft and hard boiled. Scrambled. Golden.
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #73021

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaggship1 View Post
How about speciality chickens. Lay on demand. And lay to order. Poached, soft and hard boiled. Scrambled. Golden.
❤❤❤ Now that there *is* tricky! Leave it to a city guy to come up w/it. 😉
Old 01-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #73022

Quote:

Green eggs to go w/ the ham? What will you pair w/ the blue ones?

Honestly, there is nothing to beat fresh farm eggs, pasture raised. I get mine from 2 neighbors and miss them all winter.

Martin prefers his in pink styrofoam cartons from the store. City guy.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:42 AM   #73023

Fleetwood Owners Club
Since there is so much woods around me I will have to build a covered pen. My neighbor has a time watching his chickens anytime they run loose, Hawks are quick and plentiful.

Reminds me of a Hawk story. My son the farmer was working on trying the tournament fishing as a second income. He has friends that were doing pretty good and encouraging him to take the leap into big time, big money tournament fishing. This idea kind of sank when GD came along so cows became a stay at home passion.

But while in his fishing days it wasn't unusual to see him out putting on new line, cleaning out his boat and practicing his lure toss in his front yard. I saw him out talking with one of his buddies, a fisherman and one that was one of my Eagle Scouts from the past, so I walked over. Although my son lives next door to me there is quite a distance and small patch of woods that I had to traverse before getting in talking distance. Just from observation it appeared the two boys were in some kind of casting competition so I walked up slowly and watched for a minute. They were taking turns casting a spinner bait out across the yard, timeing just as one of the two circling Hawks flew over.

Hawks would dive after bait, swooping low to ground following the bait closer and closer to where we stood. I ask what their plans were in the event they hooked the hawk? I guess it's a dads job to spoil the fun regardless of their age.
Old 01-19-2018, 12:39 PM   #73024

We purchased a place once that head a coop a few days in and the kids decided to use it as a fort in moments they came running out screaming and were covered in fleas. I made them strip outside and hosed them off then sent them to the shower. We bombard the coop with flea spray. The kids didn’t want to ever have chickens lol
River Mt is offline   Reply With Quote