Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #73095

Vintage RV Owners Club
Oh. Wanted to share this with you.

So last January, a year ago, I decided to go low carb with our daughter and daughter-in-law. Each of us wanted to lose some weight and we figured it would be better if we had each other for encouragement and accountability.

Out daughter has a fantastic weight loss story and I'd love for you to get to know her. She already knows about the RVMutants!

So she has started this thing where she offers meal plans for people who want to lose weight but don't know what to buy, or what to cook. It's called Meals With Margo.

So this video is our daughter, Margo, and son-in-law, Ryan, talking about how to get started losing weight and how to track your weight loss.

I think you guys will get a huge kick out of them! Even if you've no interest in losing weight, these two are funny and engaging.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50781751795447

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #73096

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Sue and Martin got here just in time. Currently we're haveing the First Tornado Watch of the year! These are exciting times I tell you! Non stop entertainment.

Glad to see you made it back Dave, just in time to coach one more football game today!
Go whoever Is playing! Yeah Patriots!

To me, this is what matters: Super Bowl in Minnesota!
http://m.vikings.com/media-vault/vid...e-f45496817a6c
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 PM   #73097

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Good on the ABS light, may have just been a dirty sensor. A brake pedal that goes waaay down used to mean (on older vehicles) the brakes needed adjusted. However, on newer vehicles with disc brakes, they are self adjusting. Check the brake fluid and fill if necessary. Keep an eye on it, if it keeps going down there could be a leak somewhere in the system or the seals at the brakes could be cracked and leaking. Look for fluid leaks behind the wheels.
Now keep in mind when I say older or newer vehicles, I might have a different idea than some. I bought a 1958 car in 1984 for my daily driver, used it until 1994 (replaced it with a newer 1969 car...), then stored it until I sold it 3 years ago...
What was your 1969 car? I learned to drive stick from my boyfriend who became my husband. He had a 69 Firebird, then a GTO, not sure what year that was, '69 or 70. This is the first vehicle I've ever bought on my own. My son rode with me the first time I drove it and had to keep reminding me I wasn't driving my little Corolla. Takes way longer to stop, and no where near the turn radius! Feels a little top heavy going into uneven driveways too. I need a sign on my dash, "NO DRIVE THRUs" Still have to measure it to see what my height actually is.
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:27 PM   #73098

What's going on Tim? Did you move LR to HI? But you keep quoting HA? 'Shappening big guy?
Wandersabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:17 PM   #73099

R U an RV Mutant too?

Bravo!!!!
Another first for RVMdom: FEVC
WOOT WOOT!![emoji443][emoji445][emoji304][emoji122][emoji106]
Congrats to you Charlene!

[QUOTE=RetroGrandma;4000468]Hey guys! Just a quick stop in to say I'm doing a Facebook Live cooking demo tomorrow night at 7pm central. I'll be making these low carb sandwich buns that actually taste good. I'll also bee showing how to use that same dough for a low carb pizza crust that's substantial, tasty, and can be eaten by hand. No cauliflower involved, I promise!

Just go to http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbtestkitchens to join me!

Charlene
[QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Cool, Charlene! I'm interested, & others might be too. It will be almost like meeting you in person! Maybe the Arkie bunch can share a living room ....

Hey, we should all join in and call it a FEVC ... First Ever Video Curiosity. How's that for hijacking Charlene's program? Prolly not fair, eh?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 07:41 PM   #73100

Fleetwood Owners Club
[QUOTE=CampDaven;4001600]Bravo!!!!
Another first for RVMdom: FEVC
WOOT WOOT!![emoji443][emoji445][emoji304][emoji122][emoji106]
Congrats to you Charlene!

[QUOTE=RetroGrandma;4000468]Hey guys! Just a quick stop in to say I'm doing a Facebook Live cooking demo tomorrow night at 7pm central. I'll be making these low carb sandwich buns that actually taste good. I'll also bee showing how to use that same dough for a low carb pizza crust that's substantial, tasty, and can be eaten by hand. No cauliflower involved, I promise!

Just go to http://www.facebook.com/lowcarbtestkitchens to join me!

Charlene
Dave I'm just thinking, if this video GC goes over we might do our next mutant talent show on air! Jeff Marcie practice up! Sue and her Yukelalee, ok I know the spelling can't be right but you get the picture!
Old 01-21-2018, 08:00 PM   #73101

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Oh. Wanted to share this with you.

So last January, a year ago, I decided to go low carb with our daughter and daughter-in-law. Each of us wanted to lose some weight and we figured it would be better if we had each other for encouragement and accountability.

Out daughter has a fantastic weight loss story and I'd love for you to get to know her. She already knows about the RVMutants!

So she has started this thing where she offers meal plans for people who want to lose weight but don't know what to buy, or what to cook. It's called Meals With Margo.

So this video is our daughter, Margo, and son-in-law, Ryan, talking about how to get started losing weight and how to track your weight loss.

I think you guys will get a huge kick out of them! Even if you've no interest in losing weight, these two are funny and engaging.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...50781751795447

Charlene

Ahhhhh, so that is who Margo is... cool, i just saw her info on facebook via your low carb page....

You are a great mutant.... love it
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #73102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Woot! Are we gonna have us a time! From Idaho & western Canuckistan east to at least Arkansas, the FEVGC promises to be a big kickoff for Charlene's mutant career. You did well to promo the event, C!

And I made a not so low carb dessert..... tiramisu cake. Pics tomorrow........ but i did cook the alcohol out of the liquor i poured on the cake.
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #73103

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
And I made a not so low carb dessert..... tiramisu cake. Pics tomorrow........ but i did cook the alcohol out of the liquor i poured on the cake.
Kill joy! You cooked out all the fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:04 PM   #73104

Vintage RV Owners Club
From Retrograndma
Filethis--
Dust and Broom Official Pass-Off! Here ya go, buddy. Nevermind the um...mess on the handle...
Yep we're in the same boat with a non-standard parking lot purchase. You just hope what you have to invest in her doesn't cost you more than it'd have cost ya brand new. Have fun at the RV show this weekend!

Ewwww! What is that? Wait, it's green! Did you kill some ants with that?
I did have fun at the show. So many people, HUUUGE rigs. There were some pretty interesting pet contraptions too. One was a wagon with a small camper set on it with three little poodles riding in it.
So far so good on the new old home. Not a problem driving over 300 miles. I just have to check out the inner systems now.
RVM #170 Ready to start the next adventure of my life. I am a merchandiser and a personal organizer, hence the filethis2.
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #73105
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok Sue, Di the boss said its a go on the rolls and desert. Di just remember my unlimited calorie diet!

We'll have sweet and unsweetened tea and even hot tea for our certain guest!
Will also have some ice cream (sorry not homemade) to go with or alternative desert. ( My excuse to get ice cream. Hehe)

Now we'll all get more to eat if we keep it quiet and Richard dosnt find out about it! Shssssss.

Thinking gaither and eat at 6pm central time, demo starts at 7pm.
Food! To bad I can't be there but they you would have to double the recipe - for RICHARD of course.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #73106
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hey Tim, you're tornado watch made the news here. Sure it is just a watch.

All you Arkies, and temporarily transplanted Arkies, stay safe.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:08 PM   #73107
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh, Ed and Jackie are in our area. We went to DRunch today at Kelly's (Anyone who has been here knows what Kelly's is) and I took pictures but they didn't come out very well. Must be the camera. No PoP but I can assure you there will be more GTG's and picture takin'.

There may be a mini or even a midi-c down in a few days or so.

Earlene made a Tres Leche cake. I told her to make the one without the calories and carbs in it. It turned out real yummy. Ed and Jackie took some home with them. We'll find out their verdict later.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #73108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Just can't stay caught up...
The 1969 car was a Mercury Cougar. 351 w/ automatic. Fastest car I ever owned. Daily driver until mid-2004 when my Mom passed and I got her little red 1990-somrthing Buick Regal GS. (I've owned 3 Buicks, all hand-me-downs from family). Drove the Regal until late 2006 when I got t-boned. Drove the Cougar a little more (yes I still had it) then bought the Mustang. We get together some time and I'll tell the stories about how I got the Cougar and the Mustang.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote