Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #74523

The wonders of water in the desert! My little fountain runs 24/7 amongst the garden planter boxes, and it draws various birds wherever we park. Usually here in the desert we attract doves, sparrows, & the occasional migrant finch.

Today was a first: hummingbirds! Couldn't get PoP for fear of scaring them off. I am sitting barely 8' away, & there they were, scrapping over who gets to go first. Typical hummingbird aerial combat.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #74524

Fleetwood Owners Club
Playing catch-up again...

Tim, you asked about how I shimmed the hinges. I used a screwdriver to pry up the screen door (my junior high woodshop teacher just rolled over in his grave...Primitive Pete rides again. Anyone else see those cartoons in shop class?) then inserted a couple of C-clips between the screen door and MH body hinge sections. I added a couple more at the next higher hinge also. You'll have to look at that particular. hinge arrangement to see if that would work. Unfortunately I had to buy a really big box of assorted clips so I probably have a lifetime supply now...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #74525

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVforfish View Post
For some strange reason I was up early today, and some of the clocks were off, maybe power went out, then I figured it must be so I could post to the RVM thread. I guess I am sort of slow at writing back. Anyway here goes.

This is Joe Kopfman, and my Wife is Teri. I am from Kansas, but grew up in Colorado. Teri is a retired High School Art Teacher, and is still coaching track, and is very involved in our local community here in Fort Lupton, Colorado. Teri is from Junction City, Wisconsin, we both like to ski in the winter, and hiking in summer. I am a retired Machine Shop owner and engineer that likes fishing, and camping. We have two children Girl in Fort Collins, CO and Boy in Laramie, WY. I am also Lucky to have Donnie and Colleen as Aunt and Uncle.

We were able to reserve a place at Mill Creek Campground from Sept 17 - Sept 25., and are really looking forward to seeing everyone. We will leave Colorado right after Labor Day, and stay by Teri's mom in Junction City, Wisconsin until the 17th, it is only about 6 hrs from there to Mackinaw City.

A late Thank You Barb for the RVM Dictionary, it is priceless.
Dave those were great Looking T-Bones.
I also like the sound of that- Kopfman and Kopfman maybe a sporting goods store?
Hey just wanna say welcome, welcome!!

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #74526

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Tim, you asked about how I shimmed the hinges. I used a screwdriver to pry up the screen door (my junior high woodshop teacher just rolled over in his grave...Primitive Pete rides again. Anyone else see those cartoons in shop class?) then inserted a couple of C-clips between the screen door and MH body hinge sections. I added a couple more at the next higher hinge also. You'll have to look at that particular. hinge arrangement to see if that would work. Unfortunately I had to buy a really big box of assorted clips so I probably have a lifetime supply now...
, figured it would have to be thinner than a standard washer or it woul rub elsewhere.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #74527

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Morning Carol!
I can pretty much narrow it down to two birds. I have 2 that lay blue/green eggs, 2 that lay dark chocolate speckled eggs, 2 that lay extra large brown eggs and 1 that lays light brown eggs. I'll just have to sneak Mary's lipstick out early before they lay one morning and hope she dosnt notice!

How's the repairs coming?
Let's see, heater works, new water pump, although can't use yet, still have to fix gates.new air filter, spark plug looked great. On my way to Mt Home and had to stop. Thought of you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180311_140001.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	334.9 KB
ID:	195270  
filethis2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:04 PM   #74528

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by filethis2 View Post
Let's see, heater works, new water pump, although can't use yet, still have to fix gates.new air filter, spark plug looked great. On my way to Mt Home and had to stop. Thought of you.
Old 03-11-2018, 07:19 PM   #74529

We drove up to visit Anna and Hayes today, and their parents, and to meet Sam... 2 month old golden retriever.... i took lunch, cookies, cherry pitter tools that we used on olives, but did I take any PoP... not... at least I got school pictures... and we facetimed with the Florida grands....

Springtime..... makes me want to be young...

Welcome New Kophmans..... are ya wanting to be mutants? Kinda hard to tell.... but I am penciling your name in the lust book, so if you want a number, tell us specifically...
1 the journey is the destination
2 what you dont have and dont miss

Or something like that.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 07:28 PM   #74530

Fleetwood Owners Club
Di, Richard, did y'all see the 4 1/2 inch hail pics on Facebook from White Hall. We got hail and lots of it, stacked up on deck, but was pea size. That from White Hall was bigger than the Hail of a GC.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:17 PM   #74531

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Went out to start the old girl after a week on the battery charger...no go. Chassis battery lasted 3 years do to lack of use.

It may be time to sell the nice old Dynasty at a loss like most things I've brought.

sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:30 PM   #74532

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Di, Richard, did y'all see the 4 1/2 inch hail pics on Facebook from White Hall. We got hail and lots of it, stacked up on deck, but was pea size. That from White Hall was bigger than the Hail of a GC.

Saw that... yep it was....

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4234.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	1,004.7 KB
ID:	195288
Old 03-11-2018, 08:32 PM   #74533

Hello this is Allen
Super Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:38 PM   #74534
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Oh wow! Now we can talk about you in person,

Welcome to the funny house. Or, to Wayne's world
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 08:40 PM   #74535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Dad View Post
Hello this is Allen

Well hello Allen......
I was just going to bed,, Day Trip to visit grands and DST has me worn out, but glad you joined in on our site...

Welcome....

Hey mutants this is the other part of #169....
Old 03-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #74536

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Some friends are bringing their filth wheel over for a last party next weekend for a last Howrah, firewood and pit ready. We'll eat, drink and I'll then put a few bucks in the Moho that I won't get back.

It sorta reminds me of my boat experiences. It wasn't meant to be.

RVM 123 is signing out.
sam60 is offline   Reply With Quote