Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2018, 05:36 PM   #75881

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
I'm assuming you got to The Lake before ... hoisting ... time? Mary doesn't let you drink & drive, does she?

Cheers! Had to chuckle. (I know: paybacks ....)

BTW, I just read that Buff Orpington* hens are very sociable & make great pets. That's in addition to laying lovely brown eggs, of course.
Neither "in shape" nor "nekkid". Sorry. Just brown. 😉 And I have no idea where Orpington is either.
At the lake and spotting friends! No smokers going, yet!

My Americaunas (green eggs) and Speckled Sussix (brown eggs)are sociable enough the nearly 2 yo can catch and pick them up!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #75882

No pics but believe me it happened.

Finding out that we were free for the evening (no baseball games to attend) because of a cancellation, we decided to take a ride in the car. About an hour and one-half later we were sitting in one of our favorite restaurants. The Beef House in Covington, IN on IN63 is famous for it delightful selection of prime cuts of beef (filet, bone-in ribeye, ribeye, sirloin, strip, ground sirloin, ribs, etc).

Excellent salad bar, soups, rolls w/ butter, strawberry jam, or apple butter, 1 side, your drink,and your choice of beef. All for one price.

Price vary of course. Our 4 oz. ribeye and 8 oz. ribeye totaled $41.00. Small, and thin but cooked to a perfect medium rare.

Beef House is 1 hour north of Terre Haute and 1 hour east of Champaine. It's on I 74 and Indiana 63. In the middle of June, I can envision a min-C of mutants. Early Bird specials with all-inclusive pricing prior to 6:00.

How about it muteys?????
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #75883

Hello ya'll been a while. Ray is doing better not a 100% but better. Share and I are doing ok just really stressed. As of Monday we will be homeless. We are selling the bus and going a different route. We will still be full time however it should be with a toyhauler and a f350 as soon as we can find the one we want and at the price I want. Until then we will be without home. So a little stressful. But we have to wait to get the next one till this one sells. At that's supposed to be Monday. Not today but this coming Monday.

RVM481968 eagle 475hp Detroit 8v92
Dwayne & Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:48 PM   #75884

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Hi Dwayne/Shara! That's a big change, hope you enjoy whatever 5th you wind up with!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:44 AM   #75885

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
No pics but believe me it happened.
..... snip ....

Beef House is 1 hour north of Terre Haute and 1 hour east of Champaine. It's on I 74 and Indiana 63. In the middle of June, I can envision a min-C of mutants. Early Bird specials with all-inclusive pricing prior to 6:00.

How about it muteys?????
Oh yeah! It's one of those "Why didn't I think of that" moments! Good thinking, Steve.

Who else might the cat drag in? Charlene & the elusive Allen? Don & Sandee? Ed & Jackie?

Mini-mutants need to know!

Cheers!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:53 AM   #75886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne & Shara View Post
Hello ya'll been a while. Ray is doing better not a 100% but better. Share and I are doing ok just really stressed. As of Monday we will be homeless. We are selling the bus and going a different route. We will still be full time however it should be with a toyhauler and a f350 as soon as we can find the one we want and at the price I want. Until then we will be without home. So a little stressful. But we have to wait to get the next one till this one sells. At that's supposed to be Monday. Not today but this coming Monday.
It's good to hear from youse guys again. Many ommms continue for Ray & your mom as well as for you two.

Sorry to hear about the bus you worked so hard on! Life seems to throw us curve balls that require tough decisions sometimes, and that sucks. More ommms, this time for you for strength and a good, quick sale.

Hello, Shara!
Old 05-15-2018, 01:54 AM   #75887

Duplicate again! Dunno how I do that!
Old 05-15-2018, 04:41 AM   #75888

American Coach Owners Club
R U a Mutant

Quote:
The Beef House in Covington, IN on IN63 is famous for it delightful selection of prime cuts of beef (filet, bone-in ribeye, ribeye, sirloin, strip, ground sirloin, ribs, etc).

How about it muteys?????
We are in.... matter of fact, if SOMEONE would have called we would have joined you.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 07:21 AM   #75889

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
We are in.... matter of fact, if SOMEONE would have called we would have joined you.
Spur of the moment road trip and meal on our part. Mary Ann gets on me about having a last minute brainstorm and expecting someone to come to our house or join us at a restaurant. Will remember in the future that you and Jackie are "up" for such last minute adventures when your W&*% doesn't get in the way.
Old 05-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #75890

Yikes, things are moving fast on our life changes. We have a solid offer on our motor home. Couple from Connecticut plan on early retirement and want to become "specialty work" missionaries. He is skilled in electrical and plumbing repairs (owns his own business). They will go to areas hit by storms or whatever and offer their services to those in need.

They (maybe just he) has grown children but they have adopted children that are now 4 and 6 yo. Perfect for our bunk beds.

We have been looking for a used trail trailer that our Enclave can pull. Don't be surprised when we arrive in Michigan in a smaller, but new to us, camper. The biggest challenge to deciding to buy the house in Florida and giving up the motor home was, and continues to be, the thought of missing our mutant friends at GC events. We will try our darnedest to attend GC's in the future.

The camper only MUST have a weight of 4,000 lbs or less, A/C, queen bed, and a adequate sized bathroom w/ shower larger than a phone booth (do you remember phone booths).
Old 05-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #75891

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Yikes, things are moving fast on our life changes. We have a solid offer on our motor home. Couple from Connecticut plan on early retirement and want to become "specialty work" missionaries. He is skilled in electrical and plumbing repairs (owns his own business). They will go to areas hit by storms or whatever and offer their services to those in need.

They (maybe just he) has grown children but they have adopted children that are now 4 and 6 yo. Perfect for our bunk beds.

We have been looking for a used trail trailer that our Enclave can pull. Don't be surprised when we arrive in Michigan in a smaller, but new to us, camper. The biggest challenge to deciding to buy the house in Florida and giving up the motor home was, and continues to be, the thought of missing our mutant friends at GC events. We will try our darnedest to attend GC's in the future.

The camper only MUST have a weight of 4,000 lbs or less, A/C, queen bed, and a adequate sized bathroom w/ shower larger than a phone booth (do you remember phone booths).

Good luck on the sale. I know that that the best time to sell is when you have a buyer! ( All are welcome to use that quote of wisdom) I just purchased a Saleam Cruise lite that's 29' and weighs 4600 lbs. The shower requirements might be the tough part to find in a camper that small.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 AM   #75892

Quote:
Someone? ANYONE! You 2 are EZ! 😆😎

How's it going & (I forgit) when did you start? D'you have skeeters yet? I'm betting Tim & Mary do.

See you soon!
Cheers!
Quote:
Old 05-15-2018, 09:59 AM   #75893

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
A *very* fast search found this:

Travel Lite Idea i15Q Travel Trailer

Less than 3k in weight! Looks adequate on floor plan, but you'd have to look to be sure. Other sizes/layouts available, the next two larger ones are still well under 4k in weight.

Just search for ultra lite travel trailers, you'll find many many of them.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #75894

Quote:

...snip ...

Don't be surprised when we arrive in Michigan in a smaller, but new to us, camper. ..... We will try our darnedest to attend GC's in the future.
Congratulations on connecting w/ folks who seem such a fine fit for your rig. Theirs seems a good model for one way to spend retirement years.

All the best in your hunt for the best possible new rig. I can hardly wait for the cook's tour of the new phone boo.... errr, RV!

See you soon!