Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-10-2018, 07:23 PM   #76903

Keep us up to date

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
That is so sweet of you to offer.... but our target is July 30th.... we have a pod being delivered that day.... but we have hired 3 movers to come the 31st to load the pod.....

We are moving into the rv later that day, or the next and will stay at the down town rv park until August 23....

Then we are probably heading to Florida to spend a month and buy the lot, etc....

We will be back in Arkansas after that, but not sure how long.... or when....

August 18-20 is Estate Sale....

Would be GREAT if late fall we had sold our house and were ready to move into our modular house.
Mary Ann and I will be in Florida mid October to late November so let us know if you're in the area and ready for visitors. We will return to Florida soon after Christmas and be in Ruskin til mid April.

If you're overstocked in pictures and glasswork for the modular house in Florida, put us down for $250 worth of one of your original paintings and one of Larry's creations. If that's not enough, let us know what it takes to gain another of your works of art.

And we thought we were changing our lifestyles . . . . . . may God continue to give you wisdom and strength in your decision-making efforts.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #76904

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Congratulations, Beverly, youse are now among the best that there are.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #76905
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
I am so thrilled! Today I brought home a truck cap. It has been well-used, but is sound. Just needs some elbow grease and a new seal, a bed and storage, and maybe some stars. It is the last 'Spoke in the Wheel of my Dreams.' This cost $100 and a days drive. It, like me, was out in the boonies. Some friends were passing by a sale, and knew I was looking for a cap. They measured it and called me. They did not have the means to bring it home in their motorhome, but got me in touch with the owner. She was very nice to hold it for me for two days. Hugs all around. So, as this is my future castle, (And the great price makes my journey to the UP a thing,) maybe it should have a name? Does this make me look patriotic, or bipartisan. Everyone thinks that stars are needed.
Congratulations. There is nothing more pleasant and relaxing than sleeping under the stars. Get a folding cot for those nights when the stars are bright and the weather is right.

Some day you could install a pass-through door for pickups that may be of some help during inclement weather.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:27 AM   #76906

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
I am so thrilled! Today I brought home a truck cap. It has been well-used, but is sound. Just needs some elbow grease and a new seal, a bed and storage, and maybe some stars. It is the last 'Spoke in the Wheel of my Dreams.' This cost $100 and a days drive. It, like me, was out in the boonies. Some friends were passing by a sale, and knew I was looking for a cap. They measured it and called me. They did not have the means to bring it home in their motorhome, but got me in touch with the owner. She was very nice to hold it for me for two days. Hugs all around. So, as this is my future castle, (And the great price makes my journey to the UP a thing,) maybe it should have a name? Does this make me look patriotic, or bipartisan. Everyone thinks that stars are needed.

You are a star, Bev! How about some Rainbows?
You sure got all the pieces together quick.
Ride that Rainbow! [emoji304]❤️
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #76907

Quote:
Fantastic news, Beverly! Castles take time to build & yours is coming right along.

I'll give you some origami stars to hang in the windows, if you like. They can carry your theme to the inside.

Congratulations!
Sue
Old 07-11-2018, 09:31 AM   #76908

Beverly, I like Wayne's idea of a passthrough door from the cab! (Don't tell him I said so; he'll get the big head!)

It takes more money & some skills I wouldn't have, but down the road apiece, you might find it useful. Maybe some barter situation?

Sue
Old 07-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #76909

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
867-5309
he he he!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:02 AM   #76910

Fleetwood Owners Club
Back in BC (before children) we traveled in a camper similar to Beverly ‘s. Added a fan and electric skillet and we were up town! Problem of staying on the beach in our set up was continuous sand everywhere.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:23 AM   #76911

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
That would fall into the category of a list titled "The Best Of Times" yes?
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #76912

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
That would fall into the category of a list titled "The Best Of Times" yes?

Oh for certain!
We tented until 76 when we got our popup. We did that until 92.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #76913

Thanks! To all.

I neglected to add images of my Castle, as I am uncertain how to create a URL for the photos...

Anyhoo, thanks for the good wishes! Looking forward to meeting you all someday soon.

Bev
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 11:51 AM   #76914

Quote:
I neglected to add images of my Castle, as I am uncertain how to create a URL for the photos...

Anyhoo, thanks for the good wishes! Looking forward to meeting you all someday soon.

Bev

Gotcha covered, Sis!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	210527
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1078.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	210528
Old 07-11-2018, 12:55 PM   #76915

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Oh for certain!
We tented until 76 when we got our popup. We did that until 92.
Yup. Ya know, I just thought of something I hold in the category I mentioned above........which just might be very Mutant long before I discovered this group.
When I was in my early teens, me and my buddy on the neighboring farm decided to camp out in the cow pasture on my farm. We chose a spot on the South end far from the farmstead. We used one of my dad's grain tarps as a tent, hauled firewood down along with my dad's trusty Coleman camp stove.
We laid on our backs on throw rugs with the fire goin', staring at a sky filled with stars, (there's a lot going on up there if you look).....
And a neat thing happened too......it was dead quiet except for the crackling of the campfire, and being curious as they are, the cows and their calves decided to join us! They came up, looked at us for a while in wonderment, then bedded down all around our campsite.
I felt like a cowboy from the old days on a cattle drive as the cows added to the fire crackling noise with sounds of munching on grass. They were still there in the morning too, all around the tent, as they accepted us into their group in their pasture.
We cooked on the Coleman stove, and my dad later told me how darn good that smelled all the way up at the farm house.

I'll always hold that time and the few more times we did a camp out there in my "best of times" file in my mind. A true feeling of peacefulness, a closeness to God, and zero tech involved. As time goes on, I'm finding I visit that file often.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #76916
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Electra, very nice story. I could feel it. Nice thing about living in a small town and farmland.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote