Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2018, 06:14 AM   #77659

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
Need some mega ooohhmms for Jackie.

Her dad was moved to Hospice today and passed away. Its been less then a month since her mom passed away.

Thanks in advance..

More mutant hugs needed soon....

So sad, we offer our sincere condolences.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:21 AM   #77660

Di, glad sale went well...

Tim, as you head out, just one more place you might try if not too far out of your way.. We stopped about 80 mi west of Nashville @ huge & historic Natchez Trace State Park. Cheaper than Fairgrounds & stopped at Loretta Lynn's for fantastic buffet. Pic will follow.

Richard & "Queen" Ann, RVM # 110.. .. 2019 Coach House 26' .... Our Chihuahua T.T. lets us serve her in Arkansas.. lol
romin roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #77661

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
i am soooo looking forward to being on the road! Ya see a lot of stuff up here too, in the boonies. I am more than an hours drive from a truck store right now. I do not have the time or help to move the cap again now. I will look for a thicker seal, and maybe some UPers can help me reapply. I will post pics tomorrow or next day. I have to go out of town tomorrow, and its too dark out right now to take decent pics. All the help on this channel is amazing! I am not sure, what is meant by the "trim on the top of the lift gate," but I doubt it would help, if it were removed.

Pics! This shows: the whole window, where the window hits the tailgate,(white line,) and what it looks like closed. It is a tight fit except for the sides of the window. !Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0353.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	558.0 KB
ID:	215869Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0352.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	215870Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0351.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	503.0 KB
ID:	215871
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:58 AM   #77662

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ha Tim, there is also the threat er .... promise of a pending visit from your favorite Kanuckistanians. We are coming ever so close to fulfilling the FT thing. All jumping posts and trees must be removed from all your state before we totally commit.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #77663

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlybrand View Post
Pics! This shows: the whole window, where the window hits the tailgate,(white line,) and what it looks like closed. It is a tight fit except for the sides of the window.
There is the possibility of attaching a 6" wide rubber trim strip to the bottom of the hatch door. The could take any water running down the window over and down the tailgate. I will look on line for the piece of trim you will need and you will need a drill and a pop riveter to install.

https://www.globalindustrial.ca/p/bu...=6&webCatKey=0
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 10:02 AM   #77664

Quote:
Need some mega ooohhmms for Jackie.
Her dad was moved to Hospice today and passed away. Its been less then a month since her mom passed away.
Thanks in advance..
More mutant hugs needed soon....
I am deeply sorry to hear of your double losses. No words can express. I understand. Take good care of yourselves!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #77665

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Ha Tim, there is also the threat er .... promise of a pending visit from your favorite Kanuckistanians. We are coming ever so close to fulfilling the FT thing. All jumping posts and trees must be removed from all your state before we totally commit.
Come on down, I'm clearing them as fast as I can!
Old 08-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #77666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
There is the possibility of attaching a 6" wide rubber trim strip to the bottom of the hatch door. The could take any water running down the window over and down the tailgate. I will look on line for the piece of trim you will need and you will need a drill and a pop rivetter to install.

Ok. there is not a seal problem, with the bottom of the cap door. The problem is with the gap at the sides of the cap door. I can also see how water would be encouraged to run down the tailgate, and into that gap. I was thinking of an actual tail gate seal. What do you think?
Old 08-21-2018, 11:37 AM   #77667

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Beverly, is it possible that the cap isn’t properly mounted to the truck? It looks like the cap extends out a bit on the driver's side. If so, the back of the cap may be wider than the window. I believe they are designed to have a foam rubber gasket between the truck and the cap. Not having that is possibly why you're having trouble getting the rear window to line up properly. Check online for install tips.

https://www.trails.com/how_36865_ins...per-shell.html

Nothing involving vehicles is ever as easy as it seems.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #77668

Solo Rvers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jackie

Quote:
Jackie Her dad was moved to Hospice today and passed away. Its been less then a month since her mom passed away.
Two very difficult blows in rapid succession. My condollences and best wishes.

Charles.
Randm Musing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #77669

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Beverly, is it possible that the cap isn’t properly mounted to the truck? It looks like the cap extends out a bit on the driver's side. If so, the back of the cap may be wider than the window. I believe they are designed to have a foam rubber gasket between the truck and the cap. Not having that is possibly why you're having trouble getting the rear window to line up properly. Check online for install tips.

That's a good point. Perhaps a layer of insulating foam going around the perimeter would provide just the right amount of height adjustment that everything would close up nice.

Plus, that insulation around the perimeter will really provide a great seal, no breezes through it, etc.
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #77670

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

Ya I get that. The cap is old and wonky. It has a rather thick new EPDM seal under it now. Looking at that site... This cap, was not made for this truck. I did the best I could do, with very little assistance. It was a monumental effort to arrange to get 3 folks to help me apply the cap at the same time. It is wonky is all. I have to make do with what I got lol. As near as I can figure, without modifying the cap itself, it will never "fit" like one wants it to. It will be wonky until I replace it. I am looking at buying a Bel-Aire cap, out of California. They custom make caps, and insist on applying the caps themselves. Did a lot of research. My current cap, cost $100. It is all I could afford now. Folks have told me that I should bolt it to the truck. I am resistant to do that, and put extra holes in the truck, since it is not a permanent cap in my mind. for now, I am pretty much calling it good. It is basically just some dry storage. I love you suggestions. It is just not something I can work around at the present time. When you see the cap in person, finally, it will all make sense.
Old 08-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #77671

Guess who signed up as first to come visit when we get guest hookups.....[ATTACH]215911[/ATTACH

I think having the tooth issues has allowed him to loose some weighg.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5406.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	215911  
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #77672

Vintage RV Owners Club
Jackie, I know you are now feeling the "I'm an orphan" feelings, and God bless ya... it's hard. Prayers and Ommms for ya.