Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2018, 04:17 AM   #78107

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahW View Post
I suppose he deleted his post. He's still active on the forum... iRV2 Forums - View Profile: Bounder28T
We all know how Them Bounder People are. Some start things as an experiment then up and leave, some post then erase and some have Travaling Companions with multiple aliases .

Good morning Sarah, say hello to Bob Don Chuck Edward for me!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2018, 06:22 AM   #78108

Cold Weather does not bother me much, unless it's cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Bev, Very wise to construct a platform that is off of the bed of the truck. Around 2 a.m., that steel bed cold will penetrate right through a mattress and you'll freeze you tootsies off.

Yep. It will be a platform 26" x 66" x 18". A whole load of figuring, measuring, remeasuring, and quite a bit of swearing, and it will be done. I only have to cut the 2" x 4"'s, drill a few holes, screw it together, and throw er in the truck. The difficult part was dragging the 3/4" plywood to the cutting table solo.

Just need to wait until a decent hour to make noise outside. The weather is blissfully cooperative today!

My mattress is 24"x66", encased in a sleeping bag so it doesn't slide around.

Am building a small holder for the camp stove, gas and water containers. The bench will have a "lip" so that stuff doesn't slide around too much.

While it rained, I spent more time reducing, consolidating, eliminating and repacking stuff. One tote keeps getting filled, redistributed, and emptied. My rule of thumb now is if it is not gonna be used more than once a month, (with the exception of a few spices,) out-it-goes!

Cold weather does not bother me much, except when its cold. (Isn't that a Mutant expression if ya ever heard one?)

I've 3 sleeping bags, one which will fit inside the others, including a -30 bag. Don't think I will freeze. When it is in the 60's I sleep with a sheet on top.

Anyhoo, I sleep primarily in the tent, except when stealth camping, or the weather is crappy.

See ya on the flip side.
Beverlybrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #78109

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Bev, for future reference - the guys in Home Depot's lumber dept will make some cuts for you at no charge if you are buying during a slow time of the day. Just track one down, ask nicely and be patient.

You may want to do most of the assembly inside rather than trying to lift that heavy frame into truck's bed and rotating it into position. Have Fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #78110

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Bev, you sure can tell you're the Grand Poobah's sister. Your grit and determination would make John Wayne proud. Hoping to meet you either in the desert or upstate New York next year.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #78111

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Bev, for future reference - the guys in Home Depot's lumber dept will make some cuts for you at no charge if you are buying during a slow time of the day. Just track one down, ask nicely and be patient.
Not everyone is accompanied by such a great attention getter as you. Sena starts parading her girly whiles and the workers melt.
Quote:
You may want to do most of the assembly inside rather than trying to lift that heavy frame into truck's bed and rotating it into position. Have Fun!
This part I agree with though I am in the process of rebuilding a utility trailer floor and bought two sheets of rough finish 1" plywood and I couldn't get it out of the trailer to cut it to size. All Bev has to do is borrow Sena.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:41 AM   #78112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Not everyone is accompanied by such a great attention getter as you. Sena starts parading her girly whiles and the workers melt.
This part I agree with though I am in the process of rebuilding a utility trailer floor and bought two sheets of rough finish 1" plywood and I couldn't get it out of the trailer to cut it to size. All Bev has to do is borrow Sena.

Heh! A monkey would have helped but I needed two cuts on the plywood, and the donkey refused. I gotter dun. I had all my cuts on paper. Zing! The assembly was interesting. Crude but not rude and sturdy as all get out. Almost all packed and still oodles of room.

Notably this was my 3rd attempt at finishing the truck bed. I reached a certain point and called it “nuff”. (As the GP world have enunciated.). More later maybe.

2nd pic is how an Alaskan gal gets Er dun solo.

Note that the packing is a WIP. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	218006Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0356.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	393.1 KB
ID:	218007
Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #78113

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Yeah, I know Sena helps me get a lot things done. I call it "playing the monkey card". But you must remember how much I pay for the privilege of having her in my life. And I'm not talking about $.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-07-2018, 11:11 AM   #78114

Quote:
Yeah, I know Sena helps me get a lot things done. I call it "playing the monkey card". But you must remember how much I pay for the privilege of having her in my life. And I'm not talking about $.

Ok, in Az, we shop together! I drive, you bring your monkey.
Old 09-07-2018, 11:21 AM   #78115

Barb is correct.... at Home Depot 2 cuts are free..... others you pay for....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #78116

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Great job, Bev!

Di, you only get 2 free cuts?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-07-2018, 03:30 PM   #78117

Quote:
Great job, Bev!

Di, you only get 2 free cuts?

Without a monkey.....

Oh maybe I should use the LVAD monkey....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #78118

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bev if you have any 2x4 left you might cut a board and attach at a diagonal between the two end legs. Over time they might work themselves loose.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:10 PM   #78119

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Bev if you have any 2x4 left you might cut a board and attach at a diagonal between the two end legs. Over time they might work themselves loose.
I suggested that she use 1/4" plywood and make gussets for the legs.

BTW All the Duchess has landed. Way too big for our driveway so I parked on my neighbours lawn (with his permission) and when the rain quits I will get some pictures of her posted.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:18 PM   #78120

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
I suggested that she use 1/4" plywood and make gussets for the legs.

BTW All the Duchess has landed. Way too big for our driveway so I parked on my neighbours lawn (with his permission) and when the rain quits I will get some pictures of her posted.
I would've liked to see the pictures before it sinks...
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote