Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2019, 09:27 PM   #80123

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
Safe travels you guy's!!
Thanks.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2019, 09:45 PM   #80124
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
This mutant is a retired teacher.... I can type, spell, and edit when I choose... but I like being known as the finger slider.....

And sometimes give it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
What a rotten thing to do!! Ha Ha! We sold our house and moved!

Do ya think he got the message?
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #80125

So Martin has a trickle charger on the chassis batteries. There is enough juice now to put the slides in & out as needed, but not enough yet to turn over the engine.

Always another wrinkle, isn't there? We may not make Memphis tomorrow if we stop to replace batteries. Oh well. That's why plans are carved in Jello.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #80126
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Needs a full 8 amps on it instead of trickle charge, then let it go to trickle.
Darn! Well, pull the tractor over and jump start it.

Hope all goes well. Bump in the night.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM   #80127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
So Martin has a trickle charger on the chassis batteries. There is enough juice now to put the slides in & out as needed, but not enough yet to turn over the engine.

Always another wrinkle, isn't there? We may not make Memphis tomorrow if we stop to replace batteries. Oh well. That's why plans are carved in Jello.

Sis, can your RSA come over?
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:05 PM   #80128

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Sis, can your RSA come over?
Brain on trickle charge ... RSA? Relatives Start Again? Rapid Staff Attack? Recreational Start Agent? Ummm...
mmm...
mm.....

I give up, bro!
Old 01-03-2019, 11:08 PM   #80129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Needs a full 8 amps on it instead of trickle charge, then let it go to trickle.
Darn! Well, pull the tractor over and jump start it.

Hope all goes well. Bump in the night.
Yup, started with a regular charger till it gave up, then changed to the trickle charger. Engine started when he turned it over about 10:00.

Whew! Nothin' keeps us from our appointed rounds!
Old 01-04-2019, 06:05 AM   #80130

American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Brain on trickle charge ... RSA? Relatives Start Again? Rapid Staff Attack? Recreational Start Agent? Ummm...
mmm...
mm.....

I give up, bro!
I think he meant Road Side Assistance

We are not too far from you, if Martin needs a hand, shout out.
rezman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:22 AM   #80131
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wonderful news Sue, wonderful.
Looking forward to our time together.
For those who don't know we are meeting Sue and Martin in Louisiana for some quallity time together.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:02 AM   #80132

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezman View Post
I think he meant Road Side Assistance

We are not too far from you, if Martin needs a hand, shout out.
Ahhh! Of course. RV is a different language.

You're still in Mattoon? We'd have waved on the way past if we'd known! Any word on stix & brix?

The engine started right up this morning, a very cheery sound. So far, so good. Thanks for the offer of help.

Hi, Jackie!
Old 01-04-2019, 11:53 AM   #80133

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Yes! For the second night in a row Bev and I have tried to protect everything from freezing. It ain’t fun!
Barb, if you put a 5 gallon bucket of water in there, and some water bottles around each plant, and put remay(spunbonded poly float row cover) over your plants and a sheet of clear plastic... if the water freezes, it releases heat when it changes form, and also will release heat as it melts due to the same principle, it may just save things... I have taken a crop of lettuce through the winter that way here in Kansas. The spunbonded row cover allows light through, the plastic the same. Adds a level of heat protection. the bucket of water in the center of your bed provides moisture through evaporation and then condensation, so you don't need to worry about watering as much and also a larger body of water takes longer to freeze, so the heat provided helps as it turns to ice and then melts.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:04 PM   #80134

Vintage RV Owners Club
Should have added ... spun bonded goes lightly laid over plants, and plastic does best in a mini hoop house type get up... couple short pieces of rebar stuck in the ground, and small pvc pipes placed on the rebar and arched over do the trick... be sure to anchor the plastic with rocks. Speaking of rocks, they do like the water does some too... hold the heat and slowly release over night... toss some inside with the plants too!
Old 01-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #80135

Send a message via Skype™ to Kytyn
Of friends and journeys and things not needed

Hi! I think I have always been an RVM at heart and just didn’t have the terminology. A few of the many things we don’t have: fancy awning lights, a shower that puts forth more than a trickle, a warm floor on cold nights, drawers and shelves that make it easy to organize, and curtains. But we do have plenty of miles ahead of us, campfires whenever we want them, sunshine and smiles, a roof over our head, happy and loving hearts, and a place to cook the food we eat (I love to feed people!). So we don’t need any of the stuff we don’t have and don’t even miss it.

We have been on the road starting our third year now and love where life and our wheels take us!

Kytyn

. Loving the journey - each and every moment!
Kytyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52 PM   #80136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytyn View Post
Hi! I think I have always been an RVM at heart and just didn’t have the terminology. A few of the many things we don’t have: fancy awning lights, a shower that puts forth more than a trickle, a warm floor on cold nights, drawers and shelves that make it easy to organize, and curtains. But we do have plenty of miles ahead of us, campfires whenever we want them, sunshine and smiles, a roof over our head, happy and loving hearts, and a place to cook the food we eat (I love to feed people!). So we don’t need any of the stuff we don’t have and don’t even miss it.

We have been on the road starting our third year now and love where life and our wheels take us!

Kytyn
Well hello, Kytyn! Where have you been all our sick, twisted RVM lives anyway? Glad you found us!

That's a lovely list of "don't have, don't miss". You seem to have passed the first of our rigorous tests already, but there is another, equally rigorous. Are you ready for this? To earn that coveted RVM number, you must state,verbatim, here before all & sundry that "The journey is the destination."

After you've done that, someone in a higher pay grade than mine will come along after naptime to grade your entry & award that new number. Steady your nerves!

I'm Sue, RVM 36, snowbirding, married to Martin, my English import, traveling w/ 2 cats & all the fiber and art supplies I can cram into the motorhome. Oh, & an Instant Pot, an airfryer, & a sous vide to play with. Dinner is a side effect.

Cheers!