Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2019, 06:17 PM   #81103

National RV Owners Club
R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Well Booze, I'm a nobody on here, but somebody with all the authority of the rainbow will come along, grade your exam and give you the results. I must say your looking pretty good. Looks like you might have been lurking on the thread to have tested out so quickly.

A upcoming GC (rally) is planned in a couple of weeks and that's how this rag tag group really got started. Great place to meet the faces that go with the chatter you read here. Unlike most rallies, this is pretty cheap. You pay for you spot then pitch in where you can. Not too late to plan, if you hurry. Wayne is the Wagonmaster for this event so private message him if you want. You'll have fun our double your Mutant Dues back!

PS, put a name on your signature line that you want to be called.

We had been hanging around with Barb in Q earlier this season and some weird guy name Dennis has been following us around some[emoji23][emoji23].
We met some of the group at a campfire cookout in Q in January. We made some HOBO Stew over the fire for the group. It came out a little spicier than I had planned but everyone still seemed to have licked the dutch oven clean!
Our names are actually Scott and Mariella.
We won’t be in the area for the Tx get together but will surely get to one eventually. Somehow our coach got into Nm and decided to turn around and backtrack 500mi to the Colorado river! In a couple of weeks or so we are heading North and leisurely take route 66 and I70 back to Indiana.
I always tell everyone we never really know where we will be since we have wheels and no plan Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	240384
The pic is from the LTVA with Barb and company.
BOOZE TRAVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #81104

How does one join in?......Was just out helping Barb, a little bit, paint Connie......met her in Q, two years ago......lucky me, she selected the name I came up with for her new 'Notta Ranch'.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:03 PM   #81105

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
How does one join in?......Was just out helping Barb, a little bit, paint Connie......met her in Q, two years ago......lucky me, she selected the name I came up with for her new 'Notta Ranch'.....
Bob, I didn't realize that you wee a member of Barb's paint party. There were a gang of mutants there (9 ISTR) Tell us something your RV doesn't have that you don't miss having and make the declaration that "The Journey is The Destination" and you are a shoe in for #186.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 08:07 PM   #81106

Residential fridge, dishwasher, king bed, 55" tv, all electric range, and multi shower heads!.....lol......And the Journey is The Destination!........For the last 3 years, been wintering in Quartzsite, and this year in a friends lot here in Fortuna Foothills.... am retired Auto transmission shop owner/operator, retired 18 years ago...when not rv'ing, am tuning a drag race car that runs in the 6.30's and 224...a blown alcohol roadster..And I missed a pic of a lifetime out at Barbs...Was a DODGE pulling that stuck FORD out!!....lol.....Have been to 2 Forest River rallies, one in Nashville, and the other in Mayberry, N Carolina....going to another one in Helen, Georgia in Sept...Wife is still work'n, her choice, running her tax business, so she's not able to winter with me...we both attend the rallies tho..her name is Linda..and we've been married 51 years this coming Sept...
Old 04-01-2019, 08:52 PM   #81107

Exciting times in Mutantdom ... 2 more victi ... uhhh ... mutants! (Yes, I know, Bob is provisional, but he seems to have met the requirements.) Welcome to the madness, & get yer hipwaders ready. It gets pretty deep 'round here sometimes. Umm ... often.

Cheers!
Sue, RVM#36, sometime buttinski, retired OT, kids' bookseller, fiber artist; & Martin, semi-Americanized Brit, retired from London Underground.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #81108

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Bob and Scott. Do be timely forwarding those Mutant dues in, I'll personally get them properly deposited, and don't believe anything the others say about me!
huntnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:10 PM   #81109

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome Bob & Scott & their families. Since our Grand Poobah is a Dave, I have decided I must be the 'other Dave'. Carol and I are full timers, dragging our little black Mustang around on a trailer behind our 20 year old coach. Snowblower, eh? When we sold our house, I made a formal presentation of the snow shovel to the new owners, telling them I hoped to never see one of these again...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:43 PM   #81110

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Scott & Mariella, Bob & Linda!
I'm Bill, RVM #172.
Great to have you aboard!!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:36 AM   #81111

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Well look what I missed while I had no data today! Welcome Scott and Mariella and Bob (Linda I've yet to meet since she stays home in Washington during the winter).

I can personally vouch for the above new Muties. So glad to finally have y'all come out of the Mutant closet.

I am the keeper of the RVM Lexicon (dictionary) and will be sending you a copy and a letter explaining a wee bit about how we do things Mutaliciously.

I hope you have half as much fun here as I do. Watch out Scott, this group has a way of diverting RVs along different paths with the objective of causing chaos and havoc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:12 AM   #81112

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Residential fridge, dishwasher, king bed, 55" tv, all electric range, and multi shower heads!.....lol......And the Journey is The Destination!........For the last 3 years, been wintering in Quartzsite, and this year in a friends lot here in Fortuna Foothills.... am retired Auto transmission shop owner/operator, retired 18 years ago...when not rv'ing, am tuning a drag race car that runs in the 6.30's and 224...a blown alcohol roadster..And I missed a pic of a lifetime out at Barbs...Was a DODGE pulling that stuck FORD out!!....lol.....Have been to 2 Forest River rallies, one in Nashville, and the other in Mayberry, N Carolina....going to another one in Helen, Georgia in Sept...Wife is still work'n, her choice, running her tax business, so she's not able to winter with me...we both attend the rallies tho..her name is Linda..and we've been married 51 years this coming Sept...

Welcome Bob and Linda.... RVMutants # 186....
Your name is now in the official book.....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:51 AM   #81113

R U an RV Mutant too?

Welcome Scott & Mariella, Bob & Linda!

Well, well, another bunch of vic..... um RV Mutants is added to the fold!
You have been entered into the Ancient RVM Sacred Scrolls, and are now fodder....um official RV Mutants!!
All that remains is your RVM Initiation Rites. And I get to bestow that honor (hee-hee).
Go at em, Muties!

Dave and Nola
RVM 1
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:59 AM   #81114

Ha! Bring it on!.....lol......Just hanging out wait'n on the ups truck....Old rattling Ram doesn't make enough noise, so it's time to help that out......150 decibel train horn setup....redneck vice all set-up....vice grip!
Old 04-02-2019, 09:11 AM   #81115
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
This is where we are:
https://rvtexasresort.com

It’s 1/2 hour South of Kerrville, on a gorgeous road, on which no R.V. belongs!

The website will save you from the “holy moly” road!

2 weeks, then Johnson City!!!

We are getting anxious.

Dave and Nola
Wow, 80 more miles and you'll be at the GC site. What do you mean Holy Moly road. Roads in Texas are good. Oh, Hwy 16, where you are, well that's motorcycle country. Make sure you take a day trip to Bandera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOZE TRAVEL View Post
Can I be a mutant too![emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
The journey is the destination.
We don’t have the snowblower with us in the coach and we don’t miss it at all!
You had me ROFL with the snowblower comment. Personally I'd say you qualify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Welcome Bob and Scott. Do be timely forwarding those Mutant dues in, I'll personally get them properly deposited, and don't believe anything the others say about me!
Bob, Scott, and DW's, if you have a few hours or longer be sure to ask us what we say about Tim. Trust us, you can believe it all.

==============
Welcome RVM #185 and RVM #186. I'm the gentle and sane one of this group. Everyone loves me. There are no bad things ever said about me. They all love my theme song.

Soon you will be invited to partake in another means of RV Mutant communications. Through that media you will be able to ask me to send you my theme song. Don't forget. Ask me for my theme song.

===================

p.s., Tim's best half's name is Mary. She is an angel. When you meet Tim you will know why.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:31 AM   #81116

Welcome to the new muties

Glad to see that we're still fooling new people into becoming mutants. This way of life is indeed beyond one's understanding.

I'm Steve (PapaSteve) My travel companion for 51 years is Mary Ann. We are RVM5 & 5A. We winter in Florida for 4+ months and have a home and family members in Indiana north of Indianapolis. We've attended 80%+ of the Grand Curiosities. 3 or 4 in Arizona, 3 in Arkansas, one in Oregon, one in Maine, one in Michigan, one (soon to be two) in Texas. Others???? not sure what others we've attended. EACH ONE has created memories that last a lifetime and images in our minds that can't be erased. LOL

We have personally set eyes on many of our mutant friends. That really does help in understanding the logic (or lack of) in their posts. We banter freely among ourselves. It's part of what makes our group special. We know people well enough to not fear any hurt feelings or misunderstood comments. If you enjoy a good time, with a limited amount of alcohol involved, you'd enjoy one of our Grand Curiosities (GCs).

Again, welcome to our witty and fun-loving group.