Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2019, 06:34 AM   #81495

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Happy Birthday Barb.... and others May babies.... for the next couple of weeks I will be like a bee.....
Final inspection was ok.... will get the Certificate of Occupancy today...... moving time.....
Woot Woot . . . . great news! Remember, you don't need to do it all in one week. Hi to Larry
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2019, 07:28 AM   #81496

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Di and Larry, congratulations on the OC and ophms for a safe move in.

Dave and Carrol, we'll try to call later this evening after we get back from Buffalo and the things we're doing today.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:20 PM   #81497

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
Happy Birthday Barb.... and others May babies.... for the next couple of weeks I will be like a bee.....
Final inspection was ok.... will get the Certificate of Occupancy today...... moving time.....
Ok, Ms. Bee, have things settled down for the day yet? It must have been one flurry of activity, w/ more to come. Please don't wear yourselves out totally, though. That takes all the fun out of it, nursing bad backs & aching limbs in addition to pre-existing conditions like cuts & bruises. Sheesh! ...

(... She advises, wisely, having just spent the day doing yard & garden work as if the demons were after her. Now having a cuppa & allowing the back to recuperate.)

Woot woot & hurray for moving time!
Old 05-07-2019, 04:49 PM   #81498

Who plays Words With Friends? There are so many versions, I don't know which one will connect w/ my actual real-life friends.

Yahtzee is the same, & cribbage, too, I think. Cribbage was my dad's game from Navy days, & I'd like to learn how to play.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #81499

R U an RV Mutant too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Who plays Words With Friends? There are so many versions, I don't know which one will connect w/ my actual real-life friends.

Yahtzee is the same, & cribbage, too, I think. Cribbage was my dad's game from Navy days, & I'd like to learn how to play.

Cribbage.
Cribbage?
Nola and I can teach it.

PS from Nola: I can’t believe that I know something that I could teach YOU. Amazing!!!!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 PM   #81500

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Cribbage.
Cribbage?
Nola and I can teach it.

PS from Nola: I can’t believe that I know something that I could teach YOU. Amazing!!!!
Woot! I knew my mutant family would come through!

And tell Nola not to worry: there are lots of things she knows that I don't, & I'm happy to learn!

Now. When's my first class? Eh?
Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 PM   #81501

Fleetwood Owners Club
Eh? Sounds like Sue was around Dennis too long at the GC...

Anyhow...today became doctor day. Hershey dog has been really lethargic for a week or so, not eating worth a crap, just laying around and acting confused a lot when he was up and moving around. So, fearing the worst (he is 14), off to a local vet clinic we went. Doctor checked vitals & listened to our description of symptoms. Carol noted that Hershey would arch his back a lot. Doc said that could signify back or hip pain and suggested we try a pain reliever. A few hours (and a dose of pain medicine) later he's sitting up more and interested in food (well, KFC this meal). Hopefully things will get better over the next few days. He might be showing signs of cognitive disorder (doggy version of senility) though. No surprise there - in dog years he's 90-something.

Second doctor visit - Carol has had enough of these coughing fits she has had since leaving Texas so off to the walk-in clinic we go (no, I didn't take her to the vet too). Doc there says it looks like bronchitis so Carol is on Amoxicillin for a week or so. Hey - I'm the overweight hypertensive diabetic and I'M the healthy one...what's with that?

Thanks to all that, we're staying here in Effingham for a another couple of days.
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #81502

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post

I played WWF with Jeff aka PT Jeep for several years but I do NOT like the newest version. It seems like it’s made for kids. I have let it lapse in recent months due to internet challenges.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:11 PM   #81503

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ohmms for Hersey and Carol!

I also had a Dr appt today. They took xrays of my back. I took a spill in Houston and am now sporting a second compression fracture. T-1 happened in 2008, this new one is L-3. They didn’t measure my height today, but I suspect I'm even shorter now.

I never planned to leave a pretty corpse, but at this rate I may only need a kid's coffin. Oh, but wait, I don’t plan to be buried. Never mind.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-08-2019, 07:28 AM   #81504

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Ohmms for Hersey and Carol!

I also had a Dr appt today. They took xrays of my back. I took a spill in Houston and am now sporting a second compression fracture. T-1 happened in 2008, this new one is L-3. They didn’t measure my height today, but I suspect I'm even shorter now.

I never planned to leave a pretty corpse, but at this rate I may only need a kid's coffin. Oh, but wait, I don’t plan to be buried. Never mind. [emoji23]
Does that mean the remaining mutants get to scatter your cremains to the 4 winds? Me too! That's the traveling gene for ya!

I'm so sorry about your newest fx! Just when you were getting so much better, too. How are you doing?

It seems there are no money back guarantees on these machines we inhabit, are there, no no-pay clauses anywhere. Oh well.

Ommms!
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #81505

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The radiofrequency ablation miracle of last September has worn off and I’m looking forward to getting a redo as soon as we hit Seattle on June 11th. I hope this new wrinkle doesn’t delay that. I’m mostly sore and I do have good drugs that allow me to relax enough to sleep. If my body didn’t hurt I’d probably think I’d already ascended the Rainbow. I know that staying active is essential to keeping the joints from seizing up. That works for humans and machines. Movement is the lube of our bodies.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-08-2019, 09:49 AM   #81506

You'll be fine.....just need some NW weather!!!!.....got my stuff home finally....wallet a lot lighter, but trans works great, and the new injectors I just put in, picked it up 30 hp.....and on another subject...my mom passed yesterday morning....we knew the end was near, but still hard to believe....she made it 99 years, so maybe the DNA will carry on....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 10:00 AM   #81507

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ohmms for losing your Mom, Bob. Ninety-nine years is impressive. I'm shooting for 100!

I just looked at the Seattle weather forecast. It's better than anywhere along my route to there. They're expecting 80s this week!!! It rained most of last night here in OKC and more is forecast. GRRR! I need some sunshine!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 05-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #81508

Best put that Ford in haul butt mode!!!.....lol
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote