Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #82853

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wayne and Earlene, we are both at a loss as to what to say. We too morn her passing as we knew her to be a great dog who was loved and returned the love with all her heart. Our deepest condolences.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #82854

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I do believe we are all shocked by Miya's passing. It's been nearly 22 hours since a post was made to this list.

Does anyone have any fun stories about Miya? Because of Lily and Sena’s ever presence with me I never got many chances to interact with her. When I was critter free and could give her some ear scratches I found she was loving and appreciative of the attention. Her photo makes me smile.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 08:11 PM   #82855

R U an RV Mutant too?

I am still in shock, and mourning all over again my previous westie, “Mannie”.... our pets are just too much family....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 09:21 PM   #82856

I've printed off Miya's flower picture. Precious girl!
Sue
Old 09-20-2019, 09:27 PM   #82857

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I feel it's good that things were quiet in honor of Miya's passing.

Now for more trouble...this trouble maker created a mess!

I noticed on Sunday Mac was messing with one of his legs when first getting him up in the a.m. I said what are you doing and when I saw it, I said, oh man, you trouble maker! He gnawed *both* of his legs down into the muscle!!! What a mess.

So off to the vets we went Monday morning and as suspected, his diet has led to heart issues (Boko went through this same problem a few years ago). They patched him up and kept him for a couple of nights and here he is back home with legs that look like those guys that march in parades (those are bandages, not missing feathers).

And the neck thing is to make it really uncomfortable for him to gnaw away at other parts on the body.

Oh, and I really have to stop calling Mac *him*. While he was in for all this fun I said, as long as you're drawing blood, please draw some for a sex test (only one of two ways to know, the other is surgical). So they called me today and announced Mac is a GIRL!!! (so that's two girl birds)

So she's going to have to adjust her diet (get off bird seed and go to a pellet-based food like Boko eats). This is really the first time Mac has run into health problems and he's on 3 meds for the next 14 days and then heart medicine (same as Boko's) for the next 50 years or so

Oh, I'm sure someone will ask, birds are a pain, they will do things to themselves in a way that one won't notice it. Mac didn't just gnaw her legs overnight, this went on for some time and finally got noticed due to her attention to the spot. Went thru this same problem w/Boko. And the Dr. says they gnaw away due to pain and think that will resolve their problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	59059897900__EB8484CC-51A6-45F0-8B59-D936BDD28CF5.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	272.8 KB
ID:	261003  
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #82858

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post

I noticed on Sunday Mac was messing with one of his legs when first getting him up in the a.m. I said what are you doing and when I saw it, I said, oh man, you trouble maker! He gnawed *both* of his legs down into the muscle!!! What a mess.

So off to the vets we went Monday morning and as suspected, his diet has led to heart issues (Boko went through this same problem a few years ago). They patched him up and kept him for a couple of nights and here he is back home with legs that look like those guys that march in parades (those are bandages, not missing feathers).

And the neck thing is to make it really uncomfortable for him to gnaw away at other parts on the body.

Oh, and I really have to stop calling Mac *him*. While he was in for all this fun I said, as long as you're drawing blood, please draw some for a sex test (only one of two ways to know, the other is surgical). So they called me today and announced Mac is a GIRL!!! (so that's two girl birds)

So she's going to have to adjust her diet (get off bird seed and go to a pellet-based food like Boko eats). This is really the first time Mac has run into health problems and he's on 3 meds for the next 14 days and then heart medicine (same as Boko's) for the next 50 years or so

Oh, I'm sure someone will ask, birds are a pain, they will do things to themselves in a way that one won't notice it. Mac didn't just gnaw her legs overnight, this went on for some time and finally got noticed due to her attention to the spot. Went thru this same problem w/Boko. And the Dr. says they gnaw away due to pain and think that will resolve their problem.
Happy to hear she will be OK although the prolonged heart medication will be troublesome to you. Glad she is going to get better. Did you and the vet discover the cause of her pain.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:29 AM   #82859

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post

Oh Beautiful Mac is a girl..... 2 girls, I have 2 girl dogs... what a pain....

Glad she is gonna be ok.....

We do love our special family members......

Yesterday was equipment test day..... which we never had in LR.... here they do it once a year... ALL of Larry’s equipment had to go in.....
And we have doubles of everything.. ac power charger/ battery charger/ 12 batteries/bp machine/extra controller/inr blood reader...... all of that X 2... took 2 rolling carry on bags...
Then we discivered we had to do a refresher course on stuff that we never gad a course the first time...... yearly.. but it was very informative, Larry and I both had to practice on changing out his controller, but on a practice one. 4 hour visit..... but I did donate 2 pieces of watercolor for the Heart Walk.....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3637.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	261024
Old 09-21-2019, 06:36 AM   #82860

Oh. While I am posting, check out some of my toys..... for the grands.... lol

Outdoor shower, will add the curtains when they come in

Name:	IMG_3742.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	411.9 KB
ID:	261025

Swinging chairs..... have a video of Larry in this. Smile

Name:	58967172770__5242475D-F974-4F09-8BC3-EF6E08BA555E.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	526.1 KB
ID:	261026

Picnic table will have checkerboard and tic tac toe painted on top

Name:	IMG_3738.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	261027

Hammock

Name:	IMG_3735.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	261028

Super sky swings

Name:	IMG_3733.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	387.7 KB
ID:	261029

Fun under the house.... pedal boat, kayak, fishing poles... Florida life is fun
Old 09-21-2019, 07:29 AM   #82861

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well Carl, do we call Mac, Maxine now??

Di I'm using my super power to read Larrys mind as he's laying in that hammock. "How am I ever going to get up from here gracefully ".

Me and hammocks kind of go round and round.

Carl your so right about the thread going silent as most were in shock hearing the loss of Miya. But Wayne your still ugly and fat! Time will help with the pain but not the loss.

Ok that's about as much trouble as I have time for today. Got about 30 women coming over for a baby shower this afternoon. I was given orders to be there for last minute issues. I'm thinking hide in my shop!
Old 09-21-2019, 10:43 AM   #82862
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Carl,

When I give Tim the bird I don't feel any pain.

Thank you for the words about Miya.

So sorry to hear about Mac. Best wishes and Ohhmms for a speedy recovery.

How is it going to feel living with two girls?

Di,
Watercolor looks great. I'm sure they will appreciate it. All the pictures look great except for one, I'm sure you know which one that is. Well, just in case it's the old fart hanging on to the edges of the hammock so he won't fall out. DS doesn't know that is not where it swivels.

If we were near there I'd fix that shower for the GK's so they didn't have a mile of hose to play with. Oh, wait, Larry in the hammock, show the kids how they can pull the hose over to the hammock and have some real fun. Larry better put everything in a plastic bag. Not him, just the equipment. He's way to big for plastic bag, even the 55 gallon drum size.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:35 PM   #82863

Fleetwood Owners Club
Multiple things going on here:

I see I was beaten to "Maxine".

Under the "New Member Check-in" is someone asking if 1100 miles is too far to travel in one day. I immediately thought of Carl...

Larry in the hammock: Hammock story time: several years ago, we had a hammock. DSIL #1 (she's on #2 now, friendly split, just weren't right for each other, this one's a keeper) wanted to show (off) how to to get into it. He sort of jumped in, spun 180 degrees and fell out flat on his face. We decided that was not the proper procedure...

Speaking of which, has anyone ever invented a machine to gently rock a hammock?
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:36 PM   #82864

Fleetwood Owners Club
Son of a gun, they have...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #82865

Fleetwood Owners Club
I got curious about why hens lay eggs without a rooster present but parrots apparently do not so I did a little Internet search. I now know a lot more about parrots laying (or not laying) eggs than I probably ever needed to know.

Apparently too much physical contact between owner and bird (petting, scratching, etc.) can encourage egg laying. (I'm assuming Boko has never laid any eggs either.)
Somewhat related to that: Carol's stepdaughter had a male parakeet that she had a lot of physical contact with (perching on her hand and things). She was showing us one day how it would dance around on her finger and then 'pee' on her hand. I told her, "that's not pee. He's trying to mate with your hand...".
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Old 09-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #82866

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I think Mac is short for Makayla, she doesn’t look like a Maxine to me.

Sorry to hear about her heart trouble. She and Sena now have that in common. Sena is now on 3 heart medications. I have to mix Nutella into Sena's meds to get her to take them. In a few weeks I’m going to buy them in Mexico where they are cheap enough for me to experiment with. How do you get Mac to take her meds?

When Sena is hurting she grabs the skin on her scalp and digs her fingernails in, but her heart problem (dialated Cardiomyopathy) wasn’t causing her pain. Her symptom of heart problems is a constantly stuffy nose. I ignored it for too long thinking it was allergies. Monkeys hide illness in order not to be targeted by predators. Do birds do the same?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote