Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #84071

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketo View Post
Was gonna say "Network" but Richard rang in before I could hit the buzzer.

Thank you for the welcome, Richard! Don't know when you were last in Seattle but it's changed a lot even in the last couple of years. DW and I have lived in Ballard since '99 and wow -- what a difference. Looking forward to hitting the road in eight years or so.

Thank you also for the welcome, Barb! I browsed the first bunch of pages but lacked the stamina to go through all 6000+. I guess I'd be a "Probationary Mutant" as my DW and I don't have an RV yet, but will by the time she retires in eight years. Speaking of mutants, my DW swears I'm either an alien or a robot built by aliens, so maybe I can qualify even without an RV.

1) When we get an RV, the ol' television(s) will be torn out. Not because we have any philosophical aversions, we're just avid readers. We'd rather read or be traveling. TV plays so little a part in our lives now that having a satellite receiver and LCDs in the head are on our "to be avoided" list.

2) The journey is (and always has been) the destination! We consider ourselves travelers rather than tourists, preferring to keep a low profile and explore new places. We all have only a limited time here, so it's experiences that matter for us, not things.

Anyhoo, even if I'm only probationary, I'll still be happy to get you all coffee. Being in Seattle I've learned how to brew a decent pot or two.

You know what...... even ifn you dont yet have that RV, if you are on this forum, and were mutant enough to jump in... well then DONE.....
since I keep the book... I inherited the power, and have the official pen.... so Mike and wife, welcome

I give you RVM # 193....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9771.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	229.1 KB
ID:	272244
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #84072

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
You know what...... even ifn you dont yet have that RV, if you are on this forum, and were mutant enough to jump in... well then DONE.....
since I keep the book... I inherited the power, and have the official pen.... so Mike and wife, welcome
I give you RVM # 193....
Diwizi forgot to mention that your send all your dues to me.

Also remember you DO NOT want to hear anyone's theme songs. Other than mine they are all atrocious. Welcome aboard and enjoy the nonsense.

BTW if are within sight of the Olympic Mountains, so are we so welcome to freezing your butt off weather.

Hopefully when we get our little operations and travel health insurance taken care of we plan to head south. Looks like the end of March at the earliest maybe we can get together for a meet and great somewhere along I-5.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #84073

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Well hello and welcome Miketo, Mutant #193! I'm Bill #172, or whichever nickname you choose to use below...[emoji2]
Great to have you aboard!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 09:46 PM   #84074

Send a message via Yahoo to jfjr
Miketo,
Welcome to your mutant family. Most of us are regular mutants, and
some are really mutant. We have group gatherings during the year.
And gather in small groups when close together.
We range from ex military/teachers/cops etc. And all have fun with our
mutant friends. So welcome .....
Old 01-15-2020, 02:35 PM   #84075

Quote:
Originally Posted by romin roman View Post
Continue to join us on this forum and continue to impart a "Northwest" refreshing attitude.
Thank you so much, Richard! Not sure what everyone else considers a Northwest 'tude, but if it's laid-back irreverence, then I'm bringing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Welcome, miketo! Please tell us how to pronounce your moniker & how you came up w/ it.
Hi, Sue! Textile art is definitely cool, but a challenge for me. My hand-eye coordination is terrible. Good thing I'm not a surgeon.

My nick goes 'way back to the early days of the Internet. Logon names were only eight characters and my company used a combination of first name and last name. Someone else had Mike Txxxon so I got Miketo. I've used it here and there ever since. Just plain old Mike is fine -- and I hope I've added my signature appropriately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diwizi View Post
I give you RVM # 193....
Wow, thank you, Larry! The lightning-fast time for my probationary status may have been a personal best, and possibly a new world record. My wife and cat also thank you by proxy; I'm sure they'll pop up here more in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
Diwizi forgot to mention that your send all your dues to me.
BTW if are within sight of the Olympic Mountains, so are we so welcome to freezing your butt off weather.
Dennis, dues are in the mail, along with the winning Lotto ticket. But somehow, I bet the USP"S" will lose them. Just a feeling, dontchaknow.

I'm always happy to meet folks, weather and schedules permitting. My beautiful bride and I will be hitting the Tacoma RV show this weekend for a look-see. We figure that, if we see something we like, by the time eight years pass we'll actually be able to afford it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Well hello and welcome Miketo, Mutant #193! I'm Bill #172, or whichever nickname you choose to use below...[emoji2]
Great to have you aboard!
Thank you, Bill! Or should I salute instead? I've never met a real admiral, though I've met plenty of boaters who think they are one. :P Hope to cross paths with you in the near future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfjr View Post
Miketo,
We range from ex military/teachers/cops etc. And all have fun with our
mutant friends. So welcome .....
Thank you, Jim and Paula! It's a pleasure to meet you even if virtual for now. You folks just seemed "right" to me, so finding a welcoming group is a real treat.

Little bit about us, without spreading it out over any number of posts. I just turned 57 in November, Victoria turned 29 yet again. We're a couple of crazy kids who are madly in love and madly in like. We crack each other up and have more fun when we're together than anything else. We've traveled a bit and never get tired of being in one another's company; there's always something new to see, something new to do, and something new to laugh about.

I'm the tall goofy one, she's the cute sensible one. We celebrated our 20th anniversary last September, but it seems like maybe -- *maybe* -- ten years since the actual wedding. Just where the heck did that time go to, anyway? No kids, just cats, and when she retires we'll probably get a dog to add to the menagerie.

Speaking of work, I've done a ton of different things, with software development the longest career at 25 years. Done some retail stuff in retirement but it's easier to be a kept man. I do the house maintenance, groceries, yard work, errands, and laundry about half the time.

Been an avid sailboater since 1988, though funky cartilege-related issues mean I'm pretty much land-bound. Lived aboard a sailboat for a year and a half, owned a sailboat with my wife, worked as a dock manager for four years for a sailboat charter company with 35 boats, and am comfortable breaking things and then figuring out how to fix them.

Don't know what type of RV will work for us; we both prefer smaller spaces and less stuff but a Class B is a bit too small. Small Class A/ midsize Class C holds some interest, as does a TT. We're both pretty flexible and don't have a this-and-only-this list. Tradeoffs abound, and what works this year may be swapped for something else next year.

That's a lot of blather, though it helps my writing that it's snowing outside right now, the cat is curled up in a ball next to me, and the house is snug and warm.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome, and it really feels good to have made such a great group of new friends.
miketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 04:45 PM   #84076

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
Thank you so much, Richard! Not sure what everyone else considers a Northwest 'tude, but if it's laid-back irreverence, then I'm bringing it.

Hi, Sue! Textile art is definitely cool, but a challenge for me. My hand-eye coordination is terrible. Good thing I'm not a surgeon.

My nick goes 'way back to the early days of the Internet. Logon names were only eight characters and my company used a combination of first name and last name. Someone else had Mike Txxxon so I got Miketo. I've used it here and there ever since. Just plain old Mike is fine -- and I hope I've added my signature appropriately.

Wow, thank you, Larry! The lightning-fast time for my probationary status may have been a personal best, and possibly a new world record. My wife and cat also thank you by proxy; I'm sure they'll pop up here more in the future.

Dennis, dues are in the mail, along with the winning Lotto ticket. But somehow, I bet the USP"S" will lose them. Just a feeling, dontchaknow.

I'm always happy to meet folks, weather and schedules permitting. My beautiful bride and I will be hitting the Tacoma RV show this weekend for a look-see. We figure that, if we see something we like, by the time eight years pass we'll actually be able to afford it.

Thank you, Bill! Or should I salute instead? I've never met a real admiral, though I've met plenty of boaters who think they are one. :P Hope to cross paths with you in the near future!

Thank you, Jim and Paula! It's a pleasure to meet you even if virtual for now. You folks just seemed "right" to me, so finding a welcoming group is a real treat.

Little bit about us, without spreading it out over any number of posts. I just turned 57 in November, Victoria turned 29 yet again. We're a couple of crazy kids who are madly in love and madly in like. We crack each other up and have more fun when we're together than anything else. We've traveled a bit and never get tired of being in one another's company; there's always something new to see, something new to do, and something new to laugh about.

I'm the tall goofy one, she's the cute sensible one. We celebrated our 20th anniversary last September, but it seems like maybe -- *maybe* -- ten years since the actual wedding. Just where the heck did that time go to, anyway? No kids, just cats, and when she retires we'll probably get a dog to add to the menagerie.

Speaking of work, I've done a ton of different things, with software development the longest career at 25 years. Done some retail stuff in retirement but it's easier to be a kept man. I do the house maintenance, groceries, yard work, errands, and laundry about half the time.

Been an avid sailboater since 1988, though funky cartilege-related issues mean I'm pretty much land-bound. Lived aboard a sailboat for a year and a half, owned a sailboat with my wife, worked as a dock manager for four years for a sailboat charter company with 35 boats, and am comfortable breaking things and then figuring out how to fix them.

Don't know what type of RV will work for us; we both prefer smaller spaces and less stuff but a Class B is a bit too small. Small Class A/ midsize Class C holds some interest, as does a TT. We're both pretty flexible and don't have a this-and-only-this list. Tradeoffs abound, and what works this year may be swapped for something else next year.

That's a lot of blather, though it helps my writing that it's snowing outside right now, the cat is curled up in a ball next to me, and the house is snug and warm.

Thank you all again for the warm welcome, and it really feels good to have made such a great group of new friends.

Welcome from the opposite side of the country (S.C.) the key to finding the rv you want is to be as comfortable driving/pulling it as you are living in it. My wife can’t sit still for very long, and I’m a truck driver. We travel with three Dobermans, so I knew a class A was the right chose for us. She can move around, play with the dogs, watch tv, take a nap and most importantly, make me a sammich. After much debate and searching, we found a very well preserved 1988 Beaver Marquis 3 years ago and have enjoyed it ever since, although not often enough, as I’m still 2 years from retirement. Have fun looking. Dan
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:19 PM   #84077

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Sammiches are cool.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:21 PM   #84078

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Or hot.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #84079

Quote:

Uh Mike..... I am Di, short for Diane.... it is me that is the mutant and drug hubby Larry in... although he is mutant, but he is introverted and I am well I am EXTROVERTED....

We are soon celebrating 18 years of marriage, and ditto what you said.... he is retired Army, I am retired teacher.....

We are not traveling anymore, because Larry had a LVAD heart pump 3 years ago. Have a 40’diesel pusher in our yard that will be for sale soon as we get up enough energy to clean it out.... hoping to get a smaller one, but that is tbd...

Welcome to our group, sometimes we are talky, other times we get quiet, but did enjoy the 83 degrees today....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:38 PM   #84080
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinC View Post
Re targeted ads:- Upon Wayne's suggestion, I placed an order for some pork pies and a steak and kidney pie with Parker's, a specialist in good British soul food. I have to say the pies were delicious and very authentic and I would dearly love to repeat the order if it wasn't for the high postal cost (they were packed in a large cooler with black ice). However, ever since, I have been inflicted with ads from Parkers buried in news items, showing mouth-wateringly beautiful pictures of pork pies and other tasty delicacies.
What's a fella supposed to do.
Down at the bottom of the email should be the "unsubscribe" link. Try it - or assign it all to junk mail folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Took Carol across the border to Mexico today for a dental consultation. Taking her back next week to get 4 teeth pulled.
Getting in the long line to return to the US, I told her it reminded me a little of the ride line at a theme park...
Carol can tell them she has dope with her. It may not speed up things, but you'll be first in line. Then she can tell the who the dope is.
------------------

Mike, Welcome to the RV Mutant group. I'm the nice, considerate, intelligent, etc., etc., one of the group.
You will shortly be receiving information on another means of communications. When you get that, ignore what others seem to think and ask me for my theme song. It is classic and well loved by everyone.

Again, welcome!
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #84081
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On the lighter side - guess who came to dinner.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5552.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	474.5 KB
ID:	272369  
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #84082

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Y'all look marvelous, simply marvelous. Even you Wayne
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 09:05 PM   #84083

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
Y'all look marvelous, simply marvelous. Even you Wayne
Ditto!
Old 01-15-2020, 09:59 PM   #84084

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
On another note how did lexi get along with Ranger?