Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-16-2020, 07:42 AM   #84393

GOOD MORNING to all of my mutant friends.

It's been awhile since my last update on my health. Well, two surgeries this calendar year and a total of 4 hospitalizations. Pneumonia twice. Surgeries went well for two abdominal and chest hernias. They put my stomach and some large intestine back in their proper places (stomach was laying on my right lung). ICU with the last surgery in late October/early Novermber. Stage 4 kidney failure (now close to stage 3).

Still have no appetite and food doesn't sound or smell good to me. I've lost 35 pounds since early November (down to 232 pounds; down to size 44/46 pants and that's down from size 60 3-5 years ago). A doctor and 2 surgeons have told me something I haven't heard since I was home at 7-8 years of age. "Steve, you have to eat more food".

I'm anemic and have extremely low iron counts in my blood tests. I'm being scheduled for 5 iron infusions over the next 5 weeks. Also, I'm scheduled for a barium swallow test to see about my swallowing problems. I'm about a step and a half slow in my movements and reaction to conversation around me.

Mary Ann has been a Godsend. Has and had a cattle prod out to use on me to demand that I exercise following surgeries, drives 95% of the time, "encourages" me to eat and drink. She's also my memory bank (I can't remember destinations or events for more that 2 days). Alzhimers test in Spring came back very close to normal. My concentration and focus really suck.

Look forward to joining my friends at a future GC that works for our schedule. Trying for organize a mini-C for Florida mutants in late March. Stay tuned.
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #84394

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Papaw, good to hear from you! You sure have been through the course. Wish you well fast, with turbohms and prayers from here!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:27 AM   #84395
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Steve, prayers still coming your way. Thanks for the update.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:30 AM   #84396
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Dave and Sherry,
Having visited our humble home and seeing how nice we are, (I am) do not pay any attention to anyone who tells you to not ask or my theme song. It is a lovely song. All those that tell newcomers to not ask/mention my theme song are just jealous that they did not get this song first.

So, when you get your message from Barb with the new means of communications where anything goes, be sure to ask for me to send my theme song. Y'all will enjoy it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:38 AM   #84397

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
We are now at the Meridian MS KOA.
Next stop: 5 Flags RV Park.
It’s been a wild 7 months! Film at 11
Hey, someplace along the way is a reserve for the MS sandhill cranes. This is the time of year to see them. Not far off the highway, parking for big rigs, good viewing & helpful staff. Recommended as an addition to your wild ride!

Cheers!
Old 02-16-2020, 08:48 AM   #84398

Papaw Steve! What a ride you're having, & not the fun kind! While I'm glad your weight is down, this probably isn't the way you'd have chosen. Thank heaven for Mary Ann & her cattle prod, for good medical care, for the wit & strength to carry on!

Turbohms for sure!

(I wonder if Earlene might want to borrow that cattle prod re PT. Sorry, Wayne!)
Old 02-16-2020, 10:06 AM   #84399

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Howdy Dave and Sherry! Good to hear from you. Look for a message in your inbox with some important info about being a part of this insanity. Have fun!
Welcome, Dave and Sherry! Glad to have you here if for no other reason than I can pass along the broom and dustpan. This crowd is fun but boy do they drink a lot of coffee. Kept me and my DW busy running back and forth with all the orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

It's been awhile since my last update on my health.
Steve, I haven't met you but I sympathize on the health issues. I bet it took you an hour and a half to type your post; energy levels just aren't much when you're that ill. Glad to hear you're recovering and hope to meet you sometime.
miketo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:22 AM   #84400

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Love Prayers and Ohms from our house to yours Mary Anne and Papa Steve. Get well and lets all start to plan a GC in the near future.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:51 AM   #84401

Papaw and Mary Ann, Nola and I send our love and a ton of RVM Ohms your way!
We look forward to seeing you in March! We will be in Zephyrhills FL for 2 months starting March 15th!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #84402

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Papaw Steve, I was just thinking about you yesterday, but got distracted before I could remember to ask on this thread.

Good to hear your health is improving and I’m betting Mary Ann is to blame. You married a gem!

I hope to see you both this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:06 PM   #84403

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post

It's been awhile since my last update on my health. Well, two surgeries this calendar year and a total of 4 hospitalizations. Pneumonia twice. Surgeries went well for two abdominal and chest hernias. They put my stomach and some large intestine back in their proper places (stomach was laying on my right lung). ICU with the last surgery in late October/early Novermber. Stage 4 kidney failure (now close to stage 3).

Still have no appetite and food doesn't sound or smell good to me. I've lost 35 pounds since early November (down to 232 pounds; down to size 44/46 pants and that's down from size 60 3-5 years ago). A doctor and 2 surgeons have told me something I haven't heard since I was home at 7-8 years of age. "Steve, you have to eat more food".

I'm anemic and have extremely low iron counts in my blood tests. I'm being scheduled for 5 iron infusions over the next 5 weeks. Also, I'm scheduled for a barium swallow test to see about my swallowing problems. I'm about a step and a half slow in my movements and reaction to conversation around me.

Mary Ann has been a Godsend. Has and had a cattle prod out to use on me to demand that I exercise following surgeries, drives 95% of the time, "encourages" me to eat and drink. She's also my memory bank (I can't remember destinations or events for more that 2 days). Alzhimers test in Spring came back very close to normal. My concentration and focus really suck.

Look forward to joining my friends at a future GC that works for our schedule. Trying for organize a mini-C for Florida mutants in late March. Stay tuned.

Low iron=anemia=foggy brain..... iron infusions will help.... had one this week and another next week scheduled....
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:22 PM   #84404

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Connie has gotten smaller

The wall between the tiny house part and the storage part of Connie is now up. In the photo you are looking from the bedroom doorway thru the living area into the kitchen.

Bob made a temporary stand for the kitchen sink. You can see it on the left. The pole that rises to the ceiling on the right is holding up 4 ceiling insulation panels.

That's one piece of this that I regret. I should have opted for a drop ceiling instead of the glue held styrofoam insulation. Probably because of the cold nights the glue isn’t holding well. We’re waiting for some 6” drill bits to arrive and then we’ll be adding screws to each panel.

Almost everything else has gone better than expected. Bob's talents are amazing! He can make anything!

The electrical wiring is about done and we captured rain water this week. Soon we’ll have running water! I bought a ceramic water filter that will make the rainwater safe to drink.

I'm headed to town for lumber tomorrow for my closet and a storm door in the storage room, just inside the heavy cargo doors.

The fun thing about this is that we usually have to invent new ways of doing things. Bob is great at that! It does get frustrating at times but the finished product is something to be proud of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	65679B00-F093-4BAC-B8CF-69B88ACF8682.jpeg
Views:	33
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	275353  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:45 PM   #84405

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Looking good!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 11:10 PM   #84406

Mardi Gras King & bead/candy throwers last night:
Name:   20200216_140854.jpeg
Views: 109
Size:  13.5 KB
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200216_141249.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	275369Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1581883791404.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	275370
Our first time being involved in any way w/ such a parade, & it was fun.

Earlene may remember the whirly light sticks we bought at the fair, & Wayne certainly remembers the wigs we each bought in Nawlins last year. Friends in the park: A recently-made friend tried to introduce herself to me (bright blue hair, makeup, no glasses). Another friend saw me coming & said slowly, "Oh my good heavens!"

Apparently we had a very Mutant evening!

Cheers!