Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #89167

Well hello one and all ....

A belated Happy Birthday to Wayne as well, we are enjoying life in the sun and also enjoyed our first 4th of July in Aridzona it was HOT !!!! to say the least, we are still on the search for a replacement rainbow rider and will keep on keeping on ... on that front . I wish we could be at the Shipwreck with y'all but having just returned from Michigan the 20th of June its not in the cards for a return trip quite so soon. We do wish all of you that will be attending a high ole time though I know y'all have fun ....

Cheers !!!!
PTJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-11-2021, 03:14 PM   #89168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel-Lover View Post
Wow sounds like a nice peaceful time. You had a great work out. Nothing like a peaceful row early in the morning.

Have to tell you, the first day I tried an Oru kayak, I had just picked up a brand new Samsung Note, it was in my pocket. I thought heck I don't have time to hunt down that waterproof pouch etc. Let me just go out for 30 mins .... well I was about 30 feet from the shore and a power boat came through, from behind me while another passed from the other direction.... the two wakes caused me to flip and toasted my new phone more like wet toast! Live and learn, a very expensive lesson. Now I always have waterproof pouches with the boat and also got some flotation airbags for the yak! The Oru is amazingly portable hard sided yak, folds into the size of a carry on luggage. I do prefer the rotomold yaks though for toughness and ease of beaching! So I sold it after a year.

I thought the new phones were water proof?
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #89169

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
I thought the new phones were water proof?
Waterproof phones, that’s really a joke!
I just wish they would make waterproof hearing aids!
I sweat so much on a hot day it kills my phone and my hearing!

eddndee welcome to the mutants thread!
Old 07-11-2021, 03:49 PM   #89170

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Nola and Janice have been rabidly gathering Shipwreck costume materials. How about the rest of the GC Mutants that will be at Shipshewana?
August 9 is just a month away!! [emoji304][emoji177]
I looked up "Gilligan's Island" to see what the professor wore. He was dressed in beige trousers, a pair of blue deck shoes, and a long sleeved white shirt. With my weight loss I have a limited wardrobe and it doesn't include these items. So . . . . . I've decided not to invest X amount of dollars for a 15 - 30 minute fashion show at the CG. I know, I know . . . . spoil sport. I'll take pictures on everyone's phones. Mary Ann is dressing up as Mary Ann. She will not dress up with anything special. It's easy for her to be Mary Ann.

BTW, if the professor was so smart and good at conjuring up new fangled items for the crew to use, why did he never fashion a patch for the S.S. Minnow's hole?
Papawto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 04:20 PM   #89171

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I looked up "Gilligan's Island" to see what the professor wore. He was dressed in beige trousers, a pair of blue deck shoes, and a long sleeved white shirt. With my weight loss I have a limited wardrobe and it doesn't include these items. So . . . . . I've decided not to invest X amount of dollars for a 15 - 30 minute fashion show at the CG. I know, I know . . . . spoil sport. I'll take pictures on everyone's phones. Mary Ann is dressing up as Mary Ann. She will not dress up with anything special. It's easy for her to be Mary Ann.

BTW, if the professor was so smart and good at conjuring up new fangled items for the crew to use, why did he never fashion a patch for the S.S. Minnow's hole?
He did but the writers were not allowed to add that to any script. When the writers were finally allowed to add that part to the script; it was too late; the show had already jumped the shark tank.

BTW Mary Ann was my favorite character on the show.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 05:07 PM   #89172

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
At 10:45 pm last night my cellphone screamed a warning for a dust storm in our part of AZ. For the next several hours the wind rocked us not so gently, but I eventually fell asleep. This morning and there were sand drifts every where. The notice warned of zero visibility. Can you imagine the horror of driving into a dust cloud in the dark?

It takes some real toughness to live in the desert. I think I just survived another test. What’s next?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:14 PM   #89173
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Waterproof phones, that’s really a joke!
I just wish they would make waterproof hearing aids!
I sweat so much on a hot day it kills my phone and my hearing!

eddndee welcome to the mutants thread!
I have to remember to take my hearing aids out when I'm going to be doing someting that will amke me sweat, which doesn't take much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
At 10:45 pm last night my cellphone screamed a warning for a dust storm in our part of AZ. For the next several hours the wind rocked us not so gently, but I eventually fell asleep. This morning and there were sand drifts every where. The notice warned of zero visibility. Can you imagine the horror of driving into a dust cloud in the dark?

It takes some real toughness to live in the desert. I think I just survived another test. What’s next?
Wind in the desert, sand blowing! That can be like a sand blaster and require new paint jobs on cars. I've seen it back in the 60's when stationed at 29 Stumps.,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 06:59 PM   #89174

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post

I should post a picture of the front left corner of Duke. Looks like we took it in for a poor sandblast job. That was caused when we were in Dateland just over a year ago.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #89175

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eez Moose View Post
I should post a picture of the front left corner of Duke. Looks like we took it in for a poor sandblast job. That was caused when we were in Dateland just over a year ago.
Hmm, I can see the wisdom of buying sand color vehicles for use out here. Dark colors attract too much heat and are always covered with sand dust. White stays dirty. If I ever have a choice it will be easy to decide color.

Poor Duke!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:10 AM   #89176

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well the day has finally arrived. Today the reconstruction starts on the S&B. Hopefully we won’t have dust or sand drifts to contend with during this process but if Barb can live through sand storms certainly we can survive this!

Ok, Papa Steve I’ll let you in on a little secret. I bet you most people wouldn’t know what the professor looked like!
Another hidden costume supplier I’ve utilized in the past was GoodWill. Shirts $3.00 pants $4.00. But I think you should show up with Mary Ann dressed like Ginger!

(The Professor was actually a high school science teacher) I know that would be a stretch in your acting ability to pull that off. On second thought, I think I might have seen where he was a Drivers Ed instructor too!
Old 07-12-2021, 06:29 AM   #89177

Fleetwood Owners Club
A, from out of clear skies, rain came down yesterday afternoon. Cooled things down a good bit. Son and family came by so it felt like horse riding weather. So after a good manicure Old Bay was saddled up and the kids got a ride.

When we are gone and if my son is out of town I get my back fence neighbor to look after Old Bay and give him a little grain. The gentleman gets a little forgetful sometimes, you know he’s in his 80s. So talking to him yesterday he said oh your back, I was thinking of going in to pick up some more feed, it’s running low.

I had noticed the feed was going faster than normal but since I had visited with the man and his wife a couple of times since our return from the lake I assumed he knew I was feeding Bay again. Yep you guessed it. I was putting out feed in the morning and he’d put out feed in the afternoon. We all got a laugh about that then he said not only was Bay getting feed grain, he said his great grand kids was emptying out the lettuce from his fridge to feed the horse!
Old 07-12-2021, 07:42 AM   #89178

Its amazing how thin they can make a phone and what do we do, go buy a nice thick case for it, to make it thicker than the old technology was!

Water proof phone, I dunno, its been decades they all end up in the drink or rain and such one would think they woulda got the idea hmmm perhaps they do, fragile screens and no water proofing = more phone sales or insurance sales! These days the phones are costing more than my computer szheezsh! I like the fact they companies use naturopathic remedies like soak it in dry rice! no hair dryers! I am surprised they don't tell us to let the phone lay in the sun under a spf blanket to keep it from getting sun burned!

I was in AZ for three years the big valley. Here I am in the desert and the locals were telling me about monsoons, I thought they was pure loco. Like that great fast food place Pololoco or some such.... yep eat at the crazy chicken or maybe its the crazy chickens they sell!

In my collection was a Pontiac Montana, I was sold by the fantasy of the name and the looks were awesome too as was the functionality till one day a little league kid helped the electric door shut and it all when to heck fast, that sand would filter through all around that door. The dealers 3 of them tried to align the thing still no go, finally it went away to Montana perhaps as we traded it in. But right you are about them sand storms, the windshield on the montana took the brunt of the sand blasting when driving and yes you could see the results. I tried rain-x hand applied that seemed to slow things down a bit, but had to apply like every couple of weeks to keep the glass slick. (That concentrate in a little flat flask style yellow bottle in a cardboard box at wallyworld)! Ou yea the Montana was Bronze for the bottom 1/3 and cream white for the rest what a looker she was, and going strong into the 120,000 till the barn door just wouldn't seal.

Dunno which yewhoo got rid of that brand name and styles, but that was such a great look and feel for them GM cars. The design gestalt was so spot on into the late 70s then it went cuuurrrrrazy to return again with the Montana... They ruined the firebird and the camaro with some long snout idiocy then came back with the retro 67 look more or less. Both of those were top notch in 67-68 ish, the firebird got a good look again in 77 then it went to H in a handbasket slowly and then fastly! The Valley was great, lots or recreation all around, sites to see, lakes to boat, camping too. The base was good, the air shows always a hit but the loco taking shots at the guard gates at the entrance totally sun driven crazy or was it the aged juice and mushrooms?

https://youtu.be/Wa4DCp6cl2U

Hits on all cylinders! Journey on my friends

RM199
Old 07-12-2021, 09:19 AM   #89179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papawto5 View Post
I looked up "Gilligan's Island" to see what the professor wore. .......

I've decided not to invest X amount of dollars for a 15 - 30 minute fashion show at the CG. I know, I know . . . . spoil sport. I'll take pictures on everyone's phones.

Mary Ann ....... It's easy for her to be Mary Ann.

Heya, Steve!

To answer your last point first, that was the whole point of the character, yes?

As for yourself, somebody musta been trying to typecast you. Ya think? You can choose any main or auxiliary character you like, or none at all. The more, the merrier, though.

Mary Ann? Mary Ann, the character, was famous for her coconut cream pies ... no costume required, nudge nudge. [emoji2960]

Taking pics for people will be great fun, of course ... or nifty, even, to borrow a phrase. It will be appreciated.

I never watched the show. Ck for PM!

Cheers!
Old 07-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #89180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspinz View Post
Heya, Steve!

To answer your last point first, that was the whole point of the character, yes?

As for yourself, somebody musta been trying to typecast you. Ya think? You can choose any main or auxiliary character you like, or none at all. The more, the merrier, though.

Mary Ann? Mary Ann, the character, was famous for her coconut cream pies ... no costume required, nudge nudge. [emoji2960]

Taking pics for people will be great fun, of course ... or nifty, even, to borrow a phrase. It will be appreciated.

I never watched the show. Ck for PM!

Cheers!

Hey love the Gilligans Island fashion show idea..... Send me pics of Ginger since Mary Ann is spoken for! Oh yea and Thruston's business and financial holdings info!

Hey they say gray hair is reversible with vacations, all the full timers must be back to their teenage hair colors by now!

'