Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2021, 02:36 PM   #89685

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Barb, the pipe resurfacing to the left of the door; is that to be part of your air circulation system? If so we needa talk.
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2021, 07:41 PM   #89686

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barb even with the mangled mess, I was showing Mary the pics and we both agree, your place looks good! Give it time and you’ll get it all back together again!
Old 09-11-2021, 03:10 AM   #89687

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Barb even with the mangled mess, I was showing Mary the pics and we both agree, your place looks good! Give it time and you’ll get it all back together again!
Thanks Tim! I've had 3 weeks of forced “rest” since my back surgery on 8/19. It's driving me nuts! One more week and I can get back to work.

Some things should be a lot easier now that I have Bucky, the backhoe, which has been upgraded with electric start. He should be coming home on Monday. His first task is to lower 6 new solar batteries (128# each) into the IBC container that is in a deep hole next to Connie. Hopefully they will be much cooler. And then he can help me put 4 more 250 watt solar panels on the roof. Next summer I should have plenty of power to run an air conditioner, even on those 114* days.

I have Bob Caldwell to thank for much of the work on Connie. Sadly his health won’t allow him to work anymore. I've sure missed his expertise and companionship. Moose keeps threatening to come down to help, but border issues are preventing them from leaving Canada. So working alone takes so much more time. And then there’s the uncooperative weather. Two steps forward, 1.5 steps back.

BUT ... as soon as I can get power restored the pups and I are moving in! Stay tuned!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 05:49 AM   #89688

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Thanks Tim! I've had 3 weeks of forced “rest” since my back surgery on 8/19. It's driving me nuts! One more week and I can get back to work.

Some things should be a lot easier now that I have Bucky, the backhoe, which has been upgraded with electric start. He should be coming home on Monday. His first task is to lower 6 new solar batteries (128# each) into the IBC container that is in a deep hole next to Connie. Hopefully they will be much cooler. And then he can help me put 4 more 250 watt solar panels on the roof. Next summer I should have plenty of power to run an air conditioner, even on those 114* days.

I have Bob Caldwell to thank for much of the work on Connie. Sadly his health won’t allow him to work anymore. I've sure missed his expertise and companionship. Moose keeps threatening to come down to help, but border issues are preventing them from leaving Canada. So working alone takes so much more time. And then there’s the uncooperative weather. Two steps forward, 1.5 steps back.

BUT ... as soon as I can get power restored the pups and I are moving in! Stay tuned!

Bob was your building angel…. Sorry his health is getting bad.
Larry is mine, even with a pump inside his heart he keeps building.
I am continually amazed at what he can do running with a mechanical device. For those that don’t know, he has a LVAD. best to look it up, but it connects to batteries via cord…

I thought my classroom was ready for students, but he decided to go ahead and add a toilet…. So he ordered an upflush commode, that will tie into the existing sewer line that is 12 foot above it…. Yes it will be nice, but I really was ready to teach…. Now back to framing and building….

Barb hope your back is better….
Tim, sorry about the corn increases…

The Hail - we didn’t get major damage, just jeep hood, which we replaced ourselves, but in a nearby city it destroyed the house beside my son’s house…
Diwizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 10:41 AM   #89689

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Barb, I wonder if Bucky will have sufficient reach to lift the panels to rooftop height. It could be stationed at a 90º angle to the roof and far enough from Connie to attach to a rope that would slide the panels up a ladder leaning against the roof.

BTW watch out for tipsy people calling you late at night. Day to of the 'party' starts in a few hours.
Old 09-11-2021, 08:59 PM   #89690

Fleetwood Owners Club
Been away from the forum for a few days and just now catching up...

Christina Lake looks interesting. Looks like all back-ins, we'd have to stick the trailer somewhere on site. 30 amp is no problem for us vintage MH folks.

I thought I saw someone write the words Maine and December in the same sentence. This does not compute unless you for some reason like being cold and that S word stuff...

Barb be careful digging with that oversized Tonka toy. Doesn't stirring up the soil there release valley fever (or something like it)?

Next time you have to take out poison ivy...I must be naturally immune (had one small spot on my arm once in my 73 years. I used to pull it out bare handed to show neighbors what it looked like so they could avoid it...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 05:43 AM   #89691

Fleetwood Owners Club
Welcome back Dave!

No December trip to Maine, I think Wagonmaster Ed suggested calling in December and blocking some sites for the GC.

Yep you must not be allergic to the ivy OR you don’t know what it looks like,:laugh

If back in sets are a problem Earlene offers great backing up lessons!
Old 09-12-2021, 05:57 AM   #89692

Fleetwood Owners Club
Looks like August 17-24 2022 would make a good Maine trip. The Blueberry festival starts August 19th. Thrown out for consideration!
Old 09-12-2021, 09:26 AM   #89693
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Welcome back Dave!

No December trip to Maine, I think Wagonmaster Ed suggested calling in December and blocking some sites for the GC.

Yep you must not be allergic to the ivy OR you don’t know what it looks like,:laugh

If back in sets are a problem Earlene offers great backing up lessons!
Careful there, I have video of Mary's back up training maneuvers. You keep talkin' 'bout me i'll post the video(s) and tell Mary you made me do it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:40 AM   #89694

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Around the 6-7th weekend in August of 2022 we plan to attend the EBT RR in Rockhill Furnace / Orbisonia PA. We want to celebrate our honeymoon weekend there and our actual 20th anniversary at the same time. So it may not be out of the question attending Baah Haabaa and lessen Timster's being bad load. The trip is only another 700ish mile east but time will tell.
Old 09-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #89695

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Been away from the forum for a few days and just now catching up...
Barb be careful digging with that oversized Tonka toy. Doesn't stirring up the soil there release valley fever (or something like it)?

Next time you have to take out poison ivy...I must be naturally immune (had one small spot on my arm once in my 73 years. I used to pull it out bare handed to show neighbors what it looked like so they could avoid it...

Yes, we have Valley Fever in the soil. Lily had it and it’s what Sena died from (complicated by congestive heart failure). From what I’ve read the most likely way to be exposed is during high winds and sand storms. The best defense is a healthy immune system and a healthy lifestyle. I work hard at both.

I have friends in North Texas who might be interested in hosting you for a while. She has suffered many outbreaks from working in her yard. I've never gotten it either, even when my Ex got it when we were both working in the same area. I’m not gonna test my luck by pulling it out bare handed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 08:26 AM   #89696

Solo Rvers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Angry Yaawwwnnnn !!!

What happened? Did everybody bail on the thread?

No posts since the 12th? What is a murker to do with nothing to read?