Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2021, 08:31 PM   #89769

Fleetwood Owners Club
Barb, what type of tank did you use to empty your black tank onto ****** ****** Bang Bang.
One of the blue totes?
How did you get the tank lower than your slinky hose?

We have some weekend only hunters (campers) that will need to haul their black tank sewer away from camp.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2021, 09:10 PM   #89770

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Barb, what type of tank did you use to empty your black tank onto ****** ****** Bang Bang.
One of the blue totes?
How did you get the tank lower than your slinky hose?

We have some weekend only hunters (campers) that will need to haul their black tank sewer away from camp.
Tim,

I installed a DIY "country" septic tank that exits Connie from behind the toilet. Only the toilet and kitchen sink empty into it. I put in an RV toilet to save water. The shower and bathroom sink empty into a buried IBC tote. That water can be reused to water landscaping.

https://www.wikihow.com/Construct-a-Small-Septic-System

I run a hose to the septic cleanout and use a macerator pump on Homer to get it there without having to run 50’ of stinky slinky. Between the sun and the rabbits a slinky wouldn’t last long here.

If you were closer you could borrow Bucky to dig for you. Here he is lifting the landscape water IBC bottle out of the cage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E371E699-C711-4A7F-BC86-5960B4BBF47F.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	291.4 KB
ID:	344221  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:51 PM   #89771

Quote:
Originally Posted by okmunky View Post
Tim,

I installed a DIY "country" septic tank that exits Connie from behind the toilet. Only the toilet and kitchen sink empty into it. I put in an RV toilet to save water. The shower and bathroom sink empty into a buried IBC tote. That water can be reused to water landscaping.

I run a hose to the septic cleanout and use a macerator pump on Homer to get it there without having to run 50’ of stinky slinky. Between the sun and the rabbits a slinky wouldn’t last long here.

If you were closer you could borrow Bucky to dig for you. Here he is lifting the landscape water IBC bottle out of the cage.

Great process. Some CA and other state municipal divisions are providing incentives to reduce gray water flowing into the sewer by using it for landscape watering. Providing for increased growth capacity of housing supported by same sewer system, and reducing water usage as well!

Example:
Graywater to Landscape | Soquel Creek Water District, CA

https://www.soquelcreekwater.org › 199 › Graywater-to-Landscape

Clothes washing machine to landscape or "Laundry to Landscape" (doesn't need a building permit) Receive a rebate of $400 per laundry to landscape system and up to $1,000 per household for a dual plumbed system, when you install a graywater system to irrigate your landscape. The rebate applies to single or two-unit residential buildings only.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:16 AM   #89772

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Tim,

Ok, but when you was using your **** **** bang bang while boondocking what did you use as a tank and how did you get it up into the tank and trailer?

BTW you’ll find all kinds of uses for Bucky!
Old 09-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #89773

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Ok, but when you was using your **** **** bang bang while boondocking what did you use as a tank and how did you get it up into the tank and trailer?

BTW you’ll find all kinds of uses for Bucky!
Ok, when I spent the winters in Quartzsite I bought a transfer barrel and would take that to the dump instead of breaking camp. You can make them with a plastic barrel and a dump valve. I used a 2 wheel dolly pulled behind Smarty to get it there so the height wasn’t an issue.

If they need the stuff to go up hill a macerator pump is the easiest way to go.

I have 2 no longer needed dump barrels, 35 and 55 gallons that I’d sell cheap. The 55 came with this guy which is why his name is Schitty.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B6FF20D3-F2F6-4C91-837E-FDBC0B8565C5.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	489.2 KB
ID:	344318  
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-27-2021, 05:19 AM   #89774

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Ok, when I spent the winters in Quartzsite I bought a transfer barrel and would take that to the dump instead of breaking camp. You can make them with a plastic barrel and a dump valve. I used a 2 wheel dolly pulled behind Smarty to get it there so the height wasn’t an issue.

If they need the stuff to go up hill a macerator pump is the easiest way to go.

I have 2 no longer needed dump barrels, 35 and 55 gallons that I’d sell cheap. The 55 came with this guy which is why his name is Schitty.

Ok, so you used the dolly as a trailer and not **** **** bang bang. Got you now.
We have barrels they can use. They might not even need to dump but once with them not hunting very often, but where they’ll be parked (in the middle of camp area) they’ll not have access to anywhere to dump.
Old 09-27-2021, 08:57 AM   #89775
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Couldn't they all pitch in and purchase a pump of some kind (Macerator) and put a Blue Boy in the back of a pickup truck to haul to the dump? Must be something out there. I don't know how much angle a macerator can pump up-hill, especially since the forces of crap always flows down hill.

Edit: Just looked it up and macerator pumps cam go pretty steep. Problem would be to be ble to fill black tank with water to clean out the residue in the pump. See my comment about down-hill,
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:59 AM   #89776

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Couldn't they all pitch in and purchase a pump of some kind (Macerator) and put a Blue Boy in the back of a pickup truck to haul to the dump? Must be something out there. I don't know how much angle a macerator can pump up-hill, especially since the forces of crap always flows down hill.

Edit: Just looked it up and macerator pumps cam go pretty steep. Problem would be to be ble to fill black tank with water to clean out the residue in the pump. See my comment about down-hill,
Just like when you dump tanks on your RV. Dump black first, then dump grey to cleanout the pump and lines. I can tell you never boondock.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-27-2021, 01:32 PM   #89777

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Just like when you dump tanks on your RV. Dump black first, then dump grey to cleanout the pump and lines. I can tell you never boondock.
His idea of boondocking is parking in the back row of the closest Walmart so that Earlene can get in some quality shopping time.

Guess who let that tidbit of information drop
Eez Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:00 PM   #89778

Fleetwood Owners Club
Dump station, we don’t need no dump station, we don’t have no stinking dump station!
We have over 3600 acres of heavy Forrest Land!

We just got these new guys parked in center of camp and far from the thick undergrowth!

One is parked uphill from my site. He said jokingly that he’d just dump when I’m gone. I replyed truthfully that that wound only happen once. Some of the other members informed him I was part of the management team and not to be messed with.

In the early days of us taking over I had a few hot heads that wanted to get in my face. I was eating a lunch sandwich and just finished the sandwich when this guy come up getting all loud. I said just a minute and walked around to my ice chest got out an apple and returned To where I had been eating. I told the loud guy ok go ahead I’m listening.

He got mad and left hollering something. Some of the other guys that had been watching this happen said well you handled that pretty cool. I never told then till much later that while at my ice chest one of the younger and toughest guys in camp whispered to me, don’t worry, I’ve got your back! Now I’d say most of our hunters would gladly say I’ve got your back to the 5-6 older guys in camp. We took it from a rough bunch of outlaws to a truly family camp. Lots of kids, wife’s and girlfriends!
Old 09-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #89779

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I'm tellin' ya'll, if'n that ain't soundin' like the most fun one can have, a bunch of armed hunters starting fights, I don't know what is
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 04:30 PM   #89780
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Nope! Don't boondock. Need to put slides out to sleep and that is not a good idea of a conscientious RV'er.

But one does not have to boondock to know black fist, grey last. However grey water can stink as bad as black. So, I also hook up a rinse-out device and flush the slinky with fresh water. Stow the slinky in the compartment and never have a smell. Did this for 10 years with the 2008 and never had a stinky slinky.

But then again, our "stuff" doesn't stink!
Old 09-28-2021, 04:43 PM   #89781

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post

However grey water can stink as bad as black.
Taking baths more often might help
Old 09-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #89782
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'll tell Earlene that!

« Trivia | - »