Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #92345

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne M View Post
Dumped the tanks today. First time after Kleen Tank did their thing. Sensor was stuc on 1/3. Now it reads empty. Gues the Pine-sol and Calgon Bath Beads worked their magic.

Let the comments begin!
Hello Muties!
Wayne, what was your procedure? My sensor is stuck on 2/3.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2022, 08:58 PM   #92346

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
I hear you on doing those shocks, I do all my own maintenance and it is getting kind of old. Being honest I am getting old. getting underneath the coach is bad enough getting back out is another story.
I am debating rather to tackle the serpentine belt for my next project.
Kevan & Rebecca(BTW) 2009 Fleetwood PaceArrow 38P 8.1 on W24 chassis w/air bags, 1990 Goldwing 1500, 2010 Jeep Liberty, RVM#197, FMCA#F413587, FMA#7985, WCMC, 2 dogs Cody and Sadie
PappaBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 AM   #92347

Fleetwood Owners Club
Duce I’ll help you, Wayne uses Pinr Sol and calgone bath beads with lots of water in black tank. Then he lifts the leveling jacks puts on some Lawrence Welk music and him and Earlene do some quick steps about the motor home then drains. If that doesn’t do the job they change to Disco music.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:49 PM   #92348
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
Duce I’ll help you, Wayne uses Pinr Sol and calgone bath beads with lots of water in black tank. Then he lifts the leveling jacks puts on some Lawrence Welk music and him and Earlene do some quick steps about the motor home then drains. If that doesn’t do the job they change to Disco music.
[COLOR=#0E36AE !important]Don't pay any attention to him, it's Garth Brooks music.

[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Hello Muties!
Wayne, what was your procedure? My sensor is stuck on 2/3.
[COLOR=#0E36AE !important][COLOR=#0E36AE !important][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0E36AE !important]I had a company called "Kleen Tank" come to the MH and run their system up the chute and clean both the grey and black tanks. I'm not sure if just the solution will work but here is their formula:

Add 40 ounces of Pine-Sol to a gallon jug and 8 ounces of Calgon Bath Beads. Top off with enough water to fill the jug. Shake gently then let the foam settle. Use 4 to 8 ounces in each tank.

I asked them about liquid calgon and they said that the chemicals were different and that the bath beads worked better.

My grey tanks always registered correctly. My 1/3 on the black tank was registered even after a dump. They did say that when they were finished they put about 12 gallons in each so the 1/3 light was on and I assumed it was still stuck but when emptied it read "E." I'm going to stick with their method. Time will tell. I do recommend them for cleaning the tanks. They done/did good!
[/COLOR]
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 04:51 PM   #92349
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Don't know why the "color" software is showing up.
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 PM   #92350

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
You clipped something away and that threw everything off balance. They need to be matching pairs and you broke it!!!
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #92351

I use an older dutch star. not many bells and whistles on the rig, but some regrets about picking up problems caused by previous owners brilliance in mods.
I am continuously amazed at the level of automation and RF devices I had found on new RV class A rigs. most of it is simple bragging fluff to impress the neighbors with like the multicolored exterior lights and the compleat outdoor cook area that sets it self up with the touch of the remote control.... well and fine, but just you wait until the vibration and static static smacks all the toys into the crapper.
I think the only bit of automation on my dutch star is the slide in/out but that is just switches and relays. simple stuff. I'm going to live with the VDO gauges and their stepper motor drives so long as the parts to fix them are available. VDO says oh heck yeah their available forever. right. played that game with the british cruise control unit.
but consider....why push electronics and automation on you if your really just not in the absolute need for it? having gauges fail on the road, dump valves that won't remote operate, automated awnings that won't extend/retract, automated leveling systems that do strange things in the middle of the night. at a dealer demo the tv was on then shut itself off and retracted into a shelf unit and wouldn't come back up. having things controlled by a computer and then having the computer say it's all failed at inopportune moments and then not tell you what to do other than see the dealer? why?
I've an RV to get away from all that crap, not wallow in it. having enough automation and electronics to be comfortable is a necessary thing; everyone has different ideas of comfort.
KISS principal is something to take with you on vacations. keeping it simple & stupid is the best way to have it not fail on the road to the point where you cannot quickly fix it with common sense and some hand tools but without needing an IT to guide you thru a reboot of a critical computer system .
I like analog systems for their robust nature. digital controls are quite fine until the code gets corrupted.
well, right now, I need to go find out why my cruise controller gets canceled when I turn on the left turn signals. have a fun day...
capt fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #92352

Fleetwood Owners Club
Well, ok.
Old 09-10-2022, 10:00 AM   #92353
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, I was the remote control for our TV back in the 50's. Dad would say, "Go change the channel."
Old 09-10-2022, 11:54 AM   #92354
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
So, one evening the chocolate lab was misbehaving. He was told to go to his crate. He did and Lexi had sympathy for him and joined him.

This is not staged. She's a funny girl sometimes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crate.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	376022  
Old 09-10-2022, 12:49 PM   #92355

Location: Dan & Pam Nachel RVM #175 & 175a, three Doberman traveling companions
Quote:
So, one evening the chocolate lab was misbehaving. He was told to go to his crate. He did and Lexi had sympathy for him and joined him.

This is not staged. She's a funny girl sometimes.

Misory loves company
DobeBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 01:04 PM   #92356

Fleetwood Owners Club
Wayne, my GD did some mutton busting at the rodeo last night. She did ok but we were thinking how good it would be if she had a little practice. Do you think Lexi would give her a ride when y’all are in town? Lexis curly hair would give the GD plenty of grip!
Old 09-10-2022, 08:49 PM   #92357
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Lexi's to tall for her, plus she's skinny so hard to hold on.
Old 09-11-2022, 07:42 AM   #92358

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Lexi's to tall for her, plus she's skinny so hard to hold on.
The sheep they were riding were full size. In fact the little boy that came in first place was so small in comparison to the sheeps size, that when the gate opened it just walked out and wondered around the arena like it wasn’t aware it had a kid on his back!

GD ride was a little more exciting, it took off running but she held on to the point that when she started slipping off she bull dogged the sheep to the ground. She’s a true country girl!