Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #141

Try as I did, I earned a poor income. Raised a family with a "stay at home wife." Somehow our two daughters got through college and married without debt! Only now can I pump up an IRA or 401K... looks like I get to work until they drag me out toes up.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #142

And most importantly, I am truly, truly BLESSED.
As we are also
Old 09-17-2017, 06:21 AM   #143

Very well said Hartrepair
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:44 AM   #144

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lots of great stories here.........to me......this is what America is all about..........

I did 30 years in the Army - wife did 22.....

After a very brief foray with civilian jobs - we both ended up as civilian feds.....so we retired from active duty and OPM......

We always didn't save like we should have, but we did save. Took a beating in the stock market back during the last recession/depression. So the market(s) are not a big thing for us.........we do not depend on them for our retirement income.

Always paid our bills - so we have an excellent credit rating. We save more now as retired people that we did when we worked!!! Shame on us......

But we live comfortable, enjoy life, and have fun. After all, we all worked a lifetime to get here....

A couple things I have to agree with, you need to know were your money is being spent and used, have a budget, and as the old recruiter adage says, "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!"

God bless America.........life is good!!

g
Old 09-17-2017, 07:24 AM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartrepair View Post
Try as I did, I earned a poor income. Raised a family with a "stay at home wife." Somehow our two daughters got through college and married without debt! Only now can I pump up an IRA or 401K... looks like I get to work until they drag me out toes up.
Success is not always measured by the size of your bank account. Well Done.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #146

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
22 years US Army then second career in IT with an employer sneaking part of my pay into a 401(k). Found out about the 401(k) and carried forward the same deductions to my second and third employers. Blessed to have been in higher paying field so SS, Army retirement, and 401(k) will allow us a snug retirement. Snug due to the cost of our new (to us) coach but we'll be very happy.

The kids will likely get our property, the coach, car, tractor, etc. probably all paid off but the 401(k) will dissipate behind us as we travel.
oldSarge98 is offline   Reply With Quote