Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #1

Riddle me this

Riddle me this. Your sitting in a campground with lets say 150 camping spots and it’s 20% filled. So there are lots of empty spaces. And lets say every space will hold any size RV and has the same amenities.
With that being the case why is it when someone new pulls in do so many places put that person right next to another camper? Wouldn’t it make perfect sense to at least space them out on every OTHER site until they are full enough that they have to start filling in the spots between 2 campers.
It’s just something I don’t understand.
After the busy holiday weekend at a very full campground we watched almost everyone leave Monday. Now you have to admit if you’re the person that able to stay you get that,,, oh I can stretch out feeling right? Come on admit it LOL!!
So we sat there looking at about 75 empty spaces that a person could have been parked and not been next to anyone yet they get parked right next to another camper. I would thing the new folks on the block would have liked a spot by themselves as well.
Maybe the person in the office has never been a camper.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-03-2013, 06:15 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Any chance that new person may have requested a specific site? I know that if I've been to a campground before I write down which sites I would want on a return visit, and then give the campground that list when I make the reservation.
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #3

Ok Dave, you hit the nail on the head, Yes Yes, we love that feeling when we watch a CG empty out and everyone around us has move on, Love it, Love it! And we do the same thing Tanstaafl, always look for the best sites and write them down for the next visit!
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #4

We normally write down the spots we would ask for if we were to visit again some of the time, and I get that. But in campgrounds like this one and others we have seen it happen are pretty cookie cutter and if a person was to pick a site it certainly would nit be the ones we are in. Not that they are bad but there are spots a little better.
These are you basic side by side,, but good sized,,, no privacy between spaces sites,, you know. Not even around the outside of the park, just smack dab in the middle.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #5

I would also like to know, why, when there are a number of snowbirds in the park, a couple of guys working in the area are slipped into the empty spaces between those of us who do not have to rise at 6am and we have to suffer the smelly and noisy diesel truck as they leave every morning. As you say, put them in another area, together, so we old "farts" can sleep in 😴
montana4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Years ago, I worked in the mountains of Pennsylvania. I was about 15 at the time, and the older man that owned a roadside animal farm as he called it. He had a bunch of old cars that he moved with a farm tractor. He told me one day he wanted every body that came in parked at the far end of the lot. He told me he could lead people around by just moving the old cars top the far end of the lot. So we got the tractor and moved them early in the morning. As people pulled in, sure as god made the little green apples, they all parked in a line beside the old cars. He said in a few day's we'll move them up front, and sue enough, that's where they parked that day.
I guess folk's think that being together is better for them........Doesn't take much to make them do what you want....
Old 09-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #7

Why when I walk into a restroom with 20 urinals and I go way back to the end to do my thing, some one else comes in and has to use the on right next to me? Same problem different situation. Maybe some people are lonely or just don't respect others personal space.
06 forest river Cardinal 34 TS towed by 03 freightliner Columbia HDT 435 hp 60 series Detroit, 10 speed, 3:55 gears with full locker. 260 inch wheel base. I am a Father, Farmer, and A Trucker.
jenandjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #8

Gulf Streamers Club
Takes all kind. We like the space. Others like company, or never ask about moving to another space once they are assigned at the office.
Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #9

Humans are pack animals. Very few real loners.
robsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
Riddle me this. Your sitting in a campground with lets say 150 camping spots and it’s 20% filled. So there are lots of empty spaces. And lets say every space will hold any size RV and has the same amenities.
With that being the case why is it when someone new pulls in do so many places put that person right next to another camper?
For the same reason you can be parked 100 yards from any other car in the Walmart parking lot and someone will park right next to you, so close you can't get open your door.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #11

For giggles I stopped in the office and asked thinking I would hear a earth shattering reason but just the opposite,,, she looked in the sky as if looking for a reason and said,, no real reason I guess .
We had a nice light chat and I went on my way in wonder.
But maybe just maybe at least in this one park they will at least give it a little thought in the future making things a bit better for future campers LOL!!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Myself I can't really see it, but RV's must look like sheep when they pull into an RV park. We have had that happen to us many times and have wondered the same thing.
The comment about the urinal was funny but sadly true as well.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #13

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
For giggles I stopped in the office and asked thinking I would hear a earth shattering reason but just the opposite,,, she looked in the sky as if looking for a reason and said,, no real reason I guess .
We had a nice light chat and I went on my way in wonder.
But maybe just maybe at least in this one park they will at least give it a little thought in the future making things a bit better for future campers LOL!!
She just didn't want y'all to be lonely....figures if ya wanted solitude you would be boondocking out in the boonies.....
Old 09-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Motels do the same thing. We had to make a car trip last week. Checked into an average priced motel a bit early and went to our room. There was nobody else on the entire block of the motel where we were. The next check in was assigned to the room right next to ours.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote