Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2019, 12:50 PM   #29

Symptom of generalized ruedness.
We were in a campground this summer. I looked out the window of our camper and right across from us someone let their dog crap on the campsite and then they walked away. They didn’t pick it up. Our neighbor backed their car through it before I could warn them. Mess.
dvmweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2019, 01:48 PM   #30

You or anyone else will never make enough rules to make people act right.
charliez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:20 PM   #31

Rabbits, birds, squirrels, fox, bears, cats, deer, all crap on the ground & you never hear anyone whine about that..........but let one dog crap in the grass where countless other animals crap, and these are the posts you get.
I guess everyone needs something to complain about......and so, we have the mosquito & ant police, the car wash & vehicle repair police, and of course, the coveted [mod edit] police.
And they do all this without pay. Imagine that!
Oversoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #32

Ha ha.....Apparently you can't say dog [mod edit] but you can say dog crap all you want.
It's a "family" site after all! Ha ha.......
Old 09-26-2019, 04:01 PM   #33

Perhaps giving my age away somewhat but I am just curious if anyone knows when this dog “poopie bag” thing actually started and became such a big thing?

As a kid growing up on eastern Long Island back in the early 1970s there was no such thing as a “poopie bag” for your dog. Just the thought of such a thing back would have been repulsive to most people.

I do remember though, as a kid, finding some doggie poop along the roadway or a path in the woods scooping it up into a sandwich paper bag with some friends and then placing it on “that neighbor’s” porch, lighting the bag with a match, ringing the door bell and running away I digress.

It seemed just as many people owned a dog back then as they do today but I guess that depends on where you live. You are either a dog lover or your are not. Somehow it seems cats are so far “exempt” from any poopie bag requirements, perhaps its because they dig a hole first and then cover it up

As I remember it though back then, we lived on a dead end street surrounded by woods. You didn’t routinely “walk” your dog. Rather, you just let him go outside when they stood by the door looking at you to go out (they knew). They always eventually came back home sometimes in 5-10 minutes and at other times in a few hours (There really weren’t any Pit-Bulls, Rottweilers, Bull-dogs, German Sheppard’s or Dobermans in our neighborhood wondering around- yes I love all animals just saying these “security type” dogs tend to breed fear in others largely due to movies, the media and living in dangerous neighborhoods).

They were the same days that you pretty much only took your dog to the vet if they were God forbid hit by a car (never happened to us) or for their rabies shot every few years. A dog “license” was essentially unheard of back then. Its ironic though, back in those days your dog lived anywhere between 15 to 20 years before you had to bury them in the backyard

Today I think the average life span of a dog is 11 years, along with their bi-annual vet visits, all sorts of medicines, shots, surgeries, vaccines, neutering while a puppy and let us not forget choosing from the over 400 different brands of dog food most of which borders on pure poison. Actually dogs-pets have an annual revenue in the US of a staggering 62 BILLION dollars...a virtual jack pot ( See, https://www.franchisehelp.com/indust...8-cost-trends/ ).

Anyway, I guess if you live in an over-crowed small close spaced area you can’t just let your dog out only because there is really no where for the dog to go frolic, poop, pee and be a dog For me personally, and for my Golden Retrievers, the simpler answer to all this “poopie bag” stuff is to not be in such areas because I have still NEVER EVER picked up my dog’s warm poop in a “plastic” bag to pollute the oceans with Father made dog poop as a natural part of this earth for thousands of years and after a rain it just naturally blends

I do have respect for others though and as a kid (or now) if we ever saw our dog start to poop on the neighbors lawn we would stop him immediately and if by chance nature won out before then, we certainly would go and pick it up, after it cooled off of course, that is just simple manners

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:14 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Perhaps giving my age away somewhat but I am just curious if anyone knows when this dog “poopie bag” thing actually started and became such a big thing?

As a kid growing up on eastern Long Island back in the early 1970s there was no such thing as a “poopie bag” for your dog. Just the thought of such a thing back would have been repulsive to most people.

I do remember though, as a kid, finding some doggie poop along the roadway or a path in the woods scooping it up into a sandwich paper bag with some friends and then placing it on “that neighbor’s” porch, lighting the bag with a match, ringing the door bell and running away I digress.

It seemed just as many people owned a dog back then as they do today but I guess that depends on where you live. You are either a dog lover or your are not. Somehow it seems cats are so far “exempt” from any poopie bag requirements, perhaps its because they dig a hole first and then cover it up

As I remember it though back then, we lived on a dead end street surrounded by woods. You didn’t routinely “walk” your dog. Rather, you just let him go outside when they stood by the door looking at you to go out (they knew). They always eventually came back home sometimes in 5-10 minutes and at other times in a few hours (There really weren’t any Pit-Bulls, Rottweilers, Bull-dogs, German Sheppard’s or Dobermans in our neighborhood wondering around- yes I love all animals just saying these “security type” dogs tend to breed fear in others largely due to movies, the media and living in dangerous neighborhoods).

They were the same days that you pretty much only took your dog to the vet if they were God forbid hit by a car (never happened to us) or for their rabies shot every few years. A dog “license” was essentially unheard of back then. Its ironic though, back in those days your dog lived anywhere between 15 to 20 years before you had to bury them in the backyard

Today I think the average life span of a dog is 11 years, along with their bi-annual vet visits, all sorts of medicines, shots, surgeries, vaccines, neutering while a puppy and let us not forget choosing from the over 400 different brands of dog food most of which borders on pure poison. Actually dogs-pets have an annual revenue in the US of a staggering 62 BILLION dollars...a virtual jack pot ( See, https://www.franchisehelp.com/indust...8-cost-trends/ ).

Anyway, I guess if you live in an over-crowed small close spaced area you can’t just let your dog out only because there is really no where for the dog to go frolic, poop, pee and be a dog For me personally, and for my Golden Retrievers, the simpler answer to all this “poopie bag” stuff is to not be in such areas because I have still NEVER EVER picked up my dog’s warm poop in a “plastic” bag to pollute the oceans with Father made dog poop as a natural part of this earth for thousands of years and after a rain it just naturally blends

I do have respect for others though and as a kid (or now) if we ever saw our dog start to poop on the neighbors lawn we would stop him immediately and if by chance nature won out before then, we certainly would go and pick it up, after it cooled off of course, that is just simple manners

I have the same memories from growing up in Suffolk County in the 70's.
No crap bags. That craze started in the past few decades with the liberal doodoo police. I don't/won't pick up any crap in a bag. The idea is ridiculous.......but I will use my camp shovel to dig a small hole & push it in.....which brings me to another story about when a camp host in a campground watched me do that & told me I couldn't dig holes and bury the crap. He said I had to pick it up! I told him he was welcome to dig it up and to do what he pleased with it.
It's strange how no-one is telling the park rangers or camp hosts to bag up bear crap, buffalo crap, or any other animal crap.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:23 PM   #35

"I have the same memories from growing up in Suffolk County in the 70's." BINGO

As a kid it was Northport for me and for the last 24 years am much further out east on the south shore in a place called Remsenburg

Getting off this forsaken island, gave up the boat, selling the house and will be RVing (out west and north west boondocking with solar) by this time next year!

How funny is that...glad to meet you

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
"I have the same memories from growing up in Suffolk County in the 70's." BINGO

As a kid it was Northport for me and for the last 24 years am much further out east on the south shore in a place called Remsenburg

Getting off this forsaken island, gave up the boat, selling the house and will be RVing (out west and north west boondocking with solar) by this time next year!

How funny is that...glad to meet you

I did the eastern tour....first the south shore. Copaigue, Amityville, Lindenhurst, Babylon, Bohemia, Ronkonkoma & Patchogue.
Then I switched to the north shore....Saint James and that whole part of the north shore of the Smithtown out to Seldon area.
But it all got too crowded & I got tired of sitting on the LIE for two hours every day just to get to & from work.
I packed it in in 1982 & left for good.
I moved to the country where I can let my dog crap in peace & I can piss off my porch onto my wife's favorite bushes........which, by the way, make great blooms.
Stay well.