Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2021, 09:18 AM   #1

Search for Gabby Petito

Hi all. Idk if anyones been following the news but please take a moment to read this and contact authorities if you have any information.

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/the_h...640bdcd62.html

The article didnt say but Gabby and her fiance went on a cross country road trip. Only the fiance returned in her van. Neither he nor his parents will say a damned thing on advice of counsel. And now hes “missing” too.

Just want to bring some resolution to her family. Hopefully someone on these forums was there and maybe captured something in the background of their pictures or videos.

Thanks for reading
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Old 09-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nature-reserve

FBI agents searching in Grand Teton national park in Wyoming on Sunday discovered “human remains consistent with the description” of Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old woman who went missing during a cross-country “van life” trip with her fiance, Brian Laundrie.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:26 PM   #4

They found her. Youtube nomads were crucial in locating her remains. red white bethune is their youtube name. Very sad
Old 09-19-2021, 08:00 PM   #5

Very unfortunate for the Family of Gabby but at least she's been found. A sad ending for such a young free spirit in Gabby. RIP
Old 09-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzerbiz View Post
Very unfortunate for the Family of Gabby but at least she's been found. A sad ending for such a young free spirit in Gabby. RIP
Amen!
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
Old 09-19-2021, 08:02 PM   #7

Fellow RV'ers that located her. I believe they had a '83 Eagle bus
Old 09-19-2021, 08:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzerbiz View Post

A sad ending indeed, the family can now at least have closure to that part of the story and can lay her to rest. Having the closure can be the most important part inn the families healing. Now IMHO they just have to find her "boyfriend" so he can be buried in a very dark prison cell somewhere. As far as I am concerned he admitted his guilt when he took off into the wilderness. I hope they can put him behind bars soon, that's more closure the family needs. If it was one of my a5 daughters, I'd be happy he was in the wilderness, I'm very comfortable in the woods.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #9

Nor'easters Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawten5 View Post
Fellow RV'ers that located her. I believe they had a '83 Eagle bus
If you haven't seen this video already, it's worth a look.

The creator analyzes in detail that RV'er video of them pulling up to the van and you can clearly see that someone inside the van is closing the door. There is also a pair of flip flops on the ground behind the recently closed door. ONE pair only and look like the ones HE was wearing during the police body cam video.

Pretty creepy when you think that the deceased body was found just over the hill from where the van is parked.

The ones who shot the original video were going to stop as the van also had Florida plates but didn't think anyone was there. They contacted the FBI and posted it on their site after realizing what they videoed. They have also spoken to Gabby's parents a few times.

Such a sad story..
Old 09-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #10

I'm never sure why the media gets so concerned with one story, when there are sooo many other unfortunate individuals that go missing every year. I'm sorry for her and her family. For all the others, I do hope that closure can come as quickly as this network ratings driven story.
Old 09-27-2021, 06:10 AM   #11

I agree with the media focus but a lot of missing person cases leave no trace so nowhere to start.
In Gabby's case there is a lot to latch onto so the human interest is very high.

[Mod Edit]
Old 09-28-2021, 06:34 AM   #12
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Thread Closed

The topic of this thread was help in finding Gabby Petito. She has been found and any further actions are mere speculation.
Closed Thread