Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2020, 05:41 AM   #29

Few days of injection site soreness is all I had.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2020, 05:46 AM   #30

I got the vacine quite some time ago - I watched 3 of my friends suffer with it. I did NOT have any side effects and simply went on with my life. Personally, i'd be more concerned about China Virus than a side effect.
sheilaraskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 09:03 AM   #31

I’ve received both Shingrix shots. For me, I did feel terrible for 24 hours, achy, lethargic. But I’ll give up 24 hours 2X anytime in order to avoid a full-blown Shingles episode. After 24 hours I felt fine both times. The soreness in my arm was never more than my common body aches and pains.
Old 12-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #32

I had the first Shingrix shot in January 2019 at the end of the month I had full blown Shingles on my ribs near the armpit. To this day it still tingles and burns lightly.
DRvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 03:33 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I got the Shingle and pneumonia vaccines in 2019. One was one shot and the other was two shots with some time between shots. I think the shingle was the two shot. I had no side effects.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:17 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvt View Post
I had the first Shingrix shot in January 2019 at the end of the month I had full blown Shingles on my ribs near the armpit. To this day it still tingles and burns lightly.
Wow, thats not good! Would it have made a difference if you had both shots? Likely, but I was told that Shingrix is 95% effective, vs the old that was 70% effective.

Sounds like you shouldn't bother buying lotto tickets. (Sorry, had to throw that in)

Hopefully the after effects will go away with time.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:37 PM   #35

I had the early single shot vaccine.
Didn't work as about two years later I got shingles on my neck and right shoulder. Wasn't too painful. So maybe the shot mitigated it.
However a year ago I developed a weakness in the same arm and hand and almost constant pain. Lost maybe 50% strength in that hand and arm.

So I suggest to all get the vaccine.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
It was the shingle shot that was two shots. I got my shots from the VA. I the middle l of the two shots there was a national shortage. The VA keep rescheduling me, but keep having supply issues. They told me if I did not get the second shot my month 6.
The first shot would be useless and I would have to start all over.

CDC recommends that healthy adults 50 years and older get two doses of the shingles vaccine called Shingrix (recombinant zoster vaccine), separated by 2 to 6 months, to prevent shingles and the complications from the disease. Your doctor or pharmacist can give you Shingrix as a shot in your upper arm
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:27 PM   #37

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchamp View Post
Wife and I are considering getting the shingle vaccine but we are concerned about any side effects.
Has anyone had the shingle vaccine? Any side effects?
Are singles painful?
Sorry if this reply is delayed.... too much golf and biking LOL
My Partner and I have the shingle vaccine. No sides for either. Adding, I have a close friend that did NOT get vaccine and she suffered terribly over her entire body when it rose in her body and attacked. It took her 2+ yrs to eliminate all the areas of rash and pain, and she still has a fair amount of discomfort.
This is not something to delay and consider about. I believe each of us, as active seniors have an obligation to ourselves, our mates, our families, and others to stay as healthy as we can. With drugs. Weed included just a bit.
sheilaraskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 01:58 PM   #38

Seems like I had a sore arm for a couple of days but mostly didn't notice unless I thought about it. No other side effects.

Mike
Mr_Moustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #39

Fleetwood Owners Club
Research high doses of vitamin C for a rapid cure. SHINGLES [Herpes Zoster] TREATMENT THAT WORKS
Old 12-06-2020, 03:21 PM   #40
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The newer Shingrix vaccination is two shots. The first one made my wife and fee a bit off and achy for 2 days. The 2nd shot was not bad. Regardless of the side effects from the shot, it is not nearly as bad as getting shingles. Get the vaccination.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:52 PM   #41

When I got the first shot of the vaccine, the nurse told me that teachers generally waited until Friday afternoon to get the shot. Why? Because some of the side effects of the Shingrix vaccine (flu-like aches, low grade fever) are similar to Covid symptoms. Our local school district checks the temperature of anyone entering a school building, so it’s very possible a teacher might have to get a negative Covid test in order to return to work.

Bottom line - If you’re in the working world, it would be smart to wait to get the shot until you have a couple days off coming up - just in case you need to recover from side effects the vaccine.

*I would also advise people to check with their doctor before trying any unproven, “quack” cures.
Yosemite77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:59 PM   #42

Guilty until proven innocent!!!