Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #99

Shingles

I received the vaccination about year ago and the side effect was sore area for two days.
A friend of mine had it for three months, very painful. That sold me on getting the shot.
Good luck 🍀
Sweet Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #100

I did get both shots i was expecting something from them, Luckely no side effects.
my mom has suffered from it -my reason for protection.
77 male
richie.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
I have had shingles for three years. I wish I could go back and get the vaccination. By all means get it.
My understanding is that even if you already have shingles the vaccine will help.
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:15 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchamp View Post
Wife and I are considering getting the shingle vaccine but we are concerned about any side effects.
Has anyone had the shingle vaccine? Any side effects?
Are singles painful?
Dad had shingles, extraordinarily painful. Had my shot & a follow up injection & experienced no side effects but everyone's different, you and or the wife may or may not have em! Talk to your Doc.
cfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:16 PM   #103

Shingles vaccine

I just got mine, sore arm for 3 days, but for two ran a low grade temp and was really weak for same 2 days then gone. So plan on staying low for a couple days
Alex_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #104
LBH

Get the shots.

I had shingles all over my chest, arm pits, and back in my early sixties. I got the first shingles shot as soon as I could (without any side effects). Then in early 2020I took the newer (2 shot shingles vaccine) The first shot I felt down for about 4 days, but not enough to change anything. The second shot I felt tired for one day. Given the choice between the weeks of pain with shingles and a few days of feeling out of sorts and a little tired. Get the shots.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #105

I had the Shingrix vaccine and my arm was very sore for a few days. Much more than the flu shot. Based on the experiences of others, the minor pain I suffered is nothing compared to getting shingles.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:23 PM   #106

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Get the shots

I hope this reaches alot of people. Two friends have been infected with shingles and it is not something you want to experience. It is a single shot followed in a few weeks by a booster. The injection site will be sore for a few days but otherwise no side effects. The VA vaccinated me. If you are a veteran they will get you immunized. Otherwise you can get your shots from a drug store pharmacy soon after you make an appointment. That is what my wife did and the wait was only a few days. When the vaccine first came out the wait was several months. GET THE SHOTS if you haven't already. You do not want experience shingles.
Steve 716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #107

Wife and I shingles vaccine 2 years ago with several other vaccines before Africa trip no side affects did just fine.
smile56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:28 PM   #108

I currently still a bad case have shingles, started June 1 in my cornea of right eye, loss of sight was a possiblility and spread to my scalp, trust me the pain is nothing like you have ever experienced. taking valtrex, the itch will drive you out of your mind and cannot scratch it or will spread. some relief with ice packs...get the shots...
cherv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:29 PM   #109

The new shingles vaccine is by GSK and named Shingrix. It is a two shot sequence with 2 to 6 months between shots. If you are 50 years of age or older you should consider this protection.<https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/shingles/public/shingrix/index.html>. If you have not had a Dtap shot in the past 10 years you should consider it also. I had whooping cough (pertussis) in 1945 and I would wish that on anyone.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:32 PM   #110

I’ve experienced shingles and it is painful. I also had the shingles vaccine and had no side effects from the shot. To me it’s worth it to not experience shingles again.
Richnewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #111

My husband and I had the old shingles shot and the new improved shot (4 shots total). No reaction whatsoever.
Old 12-13-2020, 04:34 PM   #112

Shingles shot

Had the shot! A little swelling in the arm the day after other than that no problem!
gmann55 is offline   Reply With Quote