Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishchamp View Post
Wife and I are considering getting the shingle vaccine but we are concerned about any side effects.
Has anyone had the shingle vaccine? Any side effects?
Are singles painful?
I've had the shingle vaccine with absolutely no side effects. However with all vaccines, side effects can vary from patient to patient.
Philrodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 02:54 PM   #58

Wife & I have both had it with no side effects.
bamarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #59

DW and I both had the shingles vaccine. No side effects. Do it. My mother had shingles. Bad stuff
twiggw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:57 PM   #60

Since I'm healthy, my Dr. doesn't recommend any medications and very few tests, etc. He DID recommend the shingles vaccination (the current 2 shot version). I got both a couple of years ago - no issues. Our son got shingles on his face and almost into his eye. No way I would skip the shot. BTW, I don't get an annual flu shot - just saying. YMMV
HarleyRider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #61

Yes we both had headaches and felt tired for two days each shot. Allow down time in case. Beats getting shingles.
Slotimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:00 PM   #62

Vaccines

I have had both the Zostavax (when I turned 55) and the Shingrix (2 doses when I turned 65) vaccines. My arm was sore for a day or so after the first Shingrix injection but no other side effects. Compared to the shingles, I’d take the discomfort of the arm pain any day.
Freeman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:01 PM   #63

My wife and I have gotten the shingles shot every year for 10+ years. We are 68 years of age. I am type 2 diabetic, and it is highly recommended for me by my doctor. We have had ZERO negative affects. Both of our mothers got shingles in their late 80’s. The pain was horrible for both. I would never want to go thru what they did. The shot is more than worth it.
Nutz4OSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #64

Go for it

Quote:
Wife and I are considering getting the shingle vaccine but we are concerned about any side effects.
Are singles painful?
My wife and I both have received the shingles shot, pneumonia shot, and we get the flu shots every year. No side effects for either of us. Go for it. We also plan on getting the Covid shots when available.

Haven't had Shingles, but I understand it is very painful.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:03 PM   #65

Quote:
Are singles painful?
My wife and I took the first dose about 2 weeks ago with no significant side effects. I did experience a little fever and tiredness but that only lasted a day. We know friends that did not take the vaccine and got the worst case of shingles. My sister got a case that settled in her right eye. She has to take continuous medication for that to this day. It’s been a year since she contracted shingles. Believe me, you do not want shingles.
JV2LY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #66

I had the shot, no side effects. Shingles are AWFUL, much worse than childhood chicken pox and I would do almost anything to avoid getting them.
sandmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:04 PM   #67

Alpine Owners Club
Shingles Shot

Quote:
Are singles painful?
My wife and I just had our second shot both of us are over 75..The only side effect we felt was our arm that received the shots was a little sore for a day then went away.. Take the shots they are ok.

Jeflen
Old 12-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #68

Commercial Member

No side effects for me or wife.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #69

Newmar Owners Club
I have had both the original shingle vaccination and the newer two shot version. I had no side effects from the original vaccination. I received the second version this time last year. The first shot in December 2019 made me very tired and left me with a headache for the day. The second shot in January 2020 was a non event. For the record, I am 63 years old. I have never had shingles and do not intend to get it. I suggest the short term potential pain and get the shot.
jfexum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #70

Shingles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I had the vaccine, I don’t remember any side effects. I know people who have had the singles, all said very painful.
WHILE THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR MEDICAL ADVICE,,,

Yes by all means get the shot!! If you’re over 60 it’s not a matter of if, but when. I had it on my face and thankfully it wasn’t on my eye. My only caveat is don’t get the annual pneumonia shot and the shingles shot at the same time, I did and I had a reaction with uncontrollable shivering for about 8 hours. So get the shot ASAP.
Bonron is offline   Reply With Quote