Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #71

Forest River Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Wife and I both have gotten the Shingrx shots (2 each shots) and had no side effects except peace of mind knowing we are better protected against this painful condition...
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2020, 03:12 PM   #72
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
No problem. I nursed many patients with shingles -- horrible suffering not worth the chance. Get it.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:13 PM   #73

Given the choice am I to understand you would not have the vaccine if the side effects were mildly painful. I’ve never met anyone who has had shingles and wouldn’t trade the pain for the vaccine. It’s a no brainer or so I thought. Some might be stressed by the cost but cut expenses somewhere else.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #74

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have had shingles and they are nothing but pure pain. From just below my navel down and around up to the top of my biscuit. My privates and butt split were full of blisters, couldn't sit, stand or lay down without pain. Had to put privates into different socks to keep the blisters from touching each other. Used a long tube sock up my biscuit to keep the cheeks from touching. Using the bathroom was a total miserable nightmare to say the least. A shower was mandated after a stool movement and it felt like hot lava all over my blisters. Mine ran on both sides because your main nerve trunk crosses between your legs, so they were bad. Even my Dr felt sorry for me.
YES, ABSOLUTELY, GET THE SHOTS!!!
Both shots my arm was sore for a few days, but I pray I never have them again!!
Scared my brother n law so bad he went and got the shots.
The shots are a dead virus, where as the first shot was a live virus and you could get the shingles from having the shot, but not with the new one.
SO GET THE SHOTS!!
TomsBusyBees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #75

I've had my Shingles shots. After 3 bouts with a Shingles Flare up, I have not had any since getting the shots a few years ago. I had no side effects at all from the shots.
Snakebite476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #76

Fleetwood Owners Club
Shingles

The Shingles vaccine is a two shot treatment. The second shot is given 2 months after the first. I just had my second shot two days ago. No redness or swelling, minor localized soreness. I had a minor case of shingles in my right arm and the palm of my hand in 2004 at 49 years old. It was much worse than the shot. Don’t forget about the pneumonia shot. Also two parts a year apart.
newbie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:16 PM   #77

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The only thing we noticed is that we didn't and won't get shingles.
No symptoms.
YoungSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #78

My husband had a sore arm and not side affects...I every now and then have side affects from some meds. and my arm got sore and later in the day I ran a fever and had the shakes and wasn't feeling well. But let me tell you I would rather do that than get the shingles because they are not fun.
kAY THIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #79

My Mom got it

She got the shot and they found her face down on the floor a day later. Died a month later. There was some sort of lawsuit about that shot but my sister said we were to late to join the case.
Mom was 92 and in very good health. Walked everyday did everything for herself etc.

Beside this I am sure the shot is safe.
dougw2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #80

Get the shot. You don’t want shingles.
Old 12-13-2020, 03:22 PM   #81

Shingles are NASTY. I got the vaccine and had no side effects. FWIW.
PorscheLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
As with any 'cure',

take into account the rates of infection (am I in the population that WILL get it?)

and rates of complications (of those getting it, how many had issues?)

Unless I am in the target audience, I'll probably stay away...

If you had Chickenpox, you will most likely get shingles. You don't catch it from someone. If you didn't have chickenpox, you wont get it.

I've had it twice and it is no fun. A friend of mine has had it 8 months now and is blind in one eye from it.
b17drvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:25 PM   #83

I got the vaccine in two shots. No pain or side effects whatsoever. I've never had shingles, but know people who did. That is what motivated me to get the vaccine.
fgburden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 03:27 PM   #84

The wife had shingles, I decided I didn't want any part of that!!! Got the vaccine just a little soreness in the arm after the first shot after the second I kept my arm moving for a while and no soreness, as soon as she could get the vaccine she got it to keep them from coming back. Kept exercising and moving her arm right after the shot and very little soreness. If you don't know if you had Chickenpox they can take a blood test don't get the vaccine if you've never had Chickenpox
dmarrs8585 is offline   Reply With Quote