Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #15

Primarily looking for a digital P & S camera. Panasonic has a 12X that is equiavelent to 35-432, supposedly. Then a 18X that is 28 - 400 something, but both use a special rechargable battery. Canon has a couple of 12X, both starting with 35/36X and use 4 AA batteries. I like the 28 better since my current SLR 35MM Canon has a 28-85 and I really like the extra wide angle and it uses a little disposable replaceable battery. I also have a Sony camcorder with the specific rechargable battery and have no problems with it. So if I have to make a choice between the extra wide angle (Panasonic) and a disposable battery (Canon), I didn't know which to give more weight to. Guess its just a choice I'll have to make, but just wondered on the Digital cameras how fast the batteries need replacing since I had no experience with them. Thanks for the above help.
Wagonmaster2
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM   #16
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
KEN ROCKWELL'S web site explains the crop factor.

If the camera has a specific removable rechargeable battery, then you can have 2 or more batteries to avoid being stuck with a dead camera.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Wagonmaster2,
Since it sounds like you already have a canon EOS with some of the lenses, you may want to look at the digital rebel.
Costco has several models and some are compatible withe the EF-S lenses from the EOS series cameras...That is what we did because we had 2 or 3 lenses we could use from our old 35MM
Rebel XT 8MP camera
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 AM   #18

Well,
I posted this thread back in Oct.I just noticed it had become active again.I will read thru it and tell you all what I bought.Going to wait until after the holidays to look for the clearence sales.Thanks all for your replies.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #19

SacsTC - Wish I did have an EOS, my Canon goes a lot further back than that, its an A-1, which I've probably had for 20 years or more. Don't think any of my lens will work on "current" cameras. I don't necessarily need the 18X for the telephoto, the 12X reaches out far enough - but I do like the 28 wide angle the 18X has instead of the 35 wide angle of the 12X.
The Internet has the Panasonic Digital 12X for $229 but the 12X Canon is $339 and even as much as I prefer Canon the Panasonic sound like a good deal especially since I generally don't take but about 2-3 rolls of 24 exposure pictures a year.
Wagonmaster2
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #20

We tend to be very hard on all our cameras, but especially our point and shoots. I hate to admit, but in the past few years I've gone through 5 of them

Now I only use a bigger digital SLR because of the fastness of startup and lack of shutter lag between the pressing of the shutter release and the camera acutally taking the picture. Something that I hate in digital point and shoots.

If I was to buy another point and shoot, this would be the model especially for the RV. Its a Pentax Optio W30 Digital Point & Shoot and at 7 mega pixel it's way more than you'll ever need for just posting pictures on the computer.

It only has a 3x opitcal zoom, but does have macro capabilities which makes a big difference.

The real seller on the camera is it is fully waterproof and dustproof. This means if you're ever hiking or boating, there is no need to worry about the camera. When it gets dirty, just wash it off.

At only $235, it a bit more than those you were looking at at Wal-Mart, but the little extra price is worth it in the extra features.

www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/484968-REG/Pentax_19271_..._Digital_Camera.html

Here is a link to a site that has them in stock, and B&H is world class for their service and returnability.

Good Luck

Pat

Every Miles A Memory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #21

We bought a Kodak EasyShare package. You can attach the camera right to the included printer without the need for a computer. We keep it in our RV. The nice thing is we can share prints immediately and still take them home (in the camera's memory or on a memory card)and download them to my computer. Several brands make this system and it is very convenient and turns out nice pictures.
mpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #22

This one is a serious consideration for an ultrazoom camera.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/digitalcamera/overview.jsp?p...iew&NavBarId=I871639
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Here is a site that will compare most of the digital cameras avaliable and some later no longer in production models
http://www.dpreview.com/
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote