Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Just Conversation
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #1

I know a lot of you belong to lots of forums. I posted this on another forum and got lots of fun responses so thought I'd try it here and see what happens......

DW and I often comment about spending so much time together in a space that is approximately 300 sq ft. Enjoy every (okay, almost every) minute of it. We don't full-time but get out quite often for anything from 3 to 10 days at a time (Mar thru Oct). Look forward to every trip.

Was just wondering how long others have been together versus RVing. It's been said many times that to RV you have to not only be married but good friends to boot.
(for the PC police, no you don't have to be married, I was just repeating a comment often quoted on forum boards)

We have been married 36 years (last Nov) and have been together almost 40. RVing for about 12yrs and loving it.

GOOD GRIEF, 40 years! excuse me I have to go sit down and rest.

Starship is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2006, 07:30 AM   #2

I know a lot of you belong to lots of forums. I posted this on another forum and got lots of fun responses so thought I'd try it here and see what happens......

DW and I often comment about spending so much time together in a space that is approximately 300 sq ft. Enjoy every (okay, almost every) minute of it. We don't full-time but get out quite often for anything from 3 to 10 days at a time (Mar thru Oct). Look forward to every trip.

Was just wondering how long others have been together versus RVing. It's been said many times that to RV you have to not only be married but good friends to boot.
(for the PC police, no you don't have to be married, I was just repeating a comment often quoted on forum boards)

We have been married 36 years (last Nov) and have been together almost 40. RVing for about 12yrs and loving it.

GOOD GRIEF, 40 years! excuse me I have to go sit down and rest.

Starship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Well, We've been married for 40 yrs and have camped for the last 33 of those in everything from a tent to a MH to a 5th wheel. However, we don't RV.
Vette Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 09:10 AM   #4

Married 16 years in May

Camped in a tent in 1989 when we were crewing / driving a race car before and after we were married. VERY LAST tent trip was when my wife was 7 1/2 month pregnant with our thrid child back in 1997.

Boated for a while and then bought a hybrid in the summer of 01.
Sold both and my wife's motorcycle and bought our TT in the summer of 2003.

Still rv'ing since our friends (NOT members on any camping/rv'ing forum yet) with a pop up no longer consider our trailer "camping"!

Mike.
6MISFITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:18 AM   #5

Married 48 years, camping 40 of them....and I STILL like him!!

JoandMilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:07 PM   #6

We've been married 37 years and started in the Army where we could rent TT's. Then we didn't do much for a few years except for me with the Army. Started doing it again about 23 years ago. I retired(from hopefully any work or required attendance job) 5 weeks ago and my blessed other 7/8's and myself have been on the road together for over 4 weeks now.

Lord willing, we will do much more in the future.

Have a great day.

Frank
Old 01-24-2006, 12:21 PM   #7

My DW's idea of camping was at least a Marriot, But since we got our MH she loves the freedom on the road and the control we have over our surroundings. Btw married 44 yrs.

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #8
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Well we have been togeather and camping for a little over 30 years, of which we have been married for 25 1/2 of those 30 years !!! We still enjoy camping and each other !!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #9

Married in 1970, starting camping in old tuxedo shop van w/cots. then to pop ups, then travel trailers, then small fivers, then 2 class C,a nd 4 class A, back to fivers. Now getting our grandson liking it!

04 Everest 343L, 07 Chevy 3500 SRW,4x4,D/A,ext.cab
R.G.Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:14 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Married in Jan of 1966 so that makes 40 years. We started out camping in tents before that then moved to Sailboats about 1971. Bought our first trailer a used 14 foot Shasta about 1978. From there it has been back and forth between trailers and class A's ever since. I know we have had at least 10 RV's in that time not counting the sailboats and amazing as it seems we are still anxious to go. Hopeing to join the full time class of 07.
bdpreece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #11

Been married going on 43 years. Started with a tent, then popups,a TT and now on MH #6 Not full timing but get out as much as we can. Wife had never heard of camping to we met. I believe I was 6 yrs old when my parents started camping in the Adirondacks back in the late 30's

2003 R-Vision Trail Lite 22' B+
Reno-NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #12

Hi Been married twice and the first one left Me and this one won't! Just a little fun there not true at all 38 Year's Feb.14..LOL how did I last? A great lover..LOL Yes She is,and a better cook,and Lady Kenmore helps Her do dishes,wash&dry cloths,and keep the house clean to My standerds.And also She knows I am the Boss in this house!OhOh got to go She is comeing up stairs.Please do not tell..LOL Bushman Eh Yes Dear I will..
Old 01-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #13

We will have been married 26 yrs as of Feb 16. Met Memorial Weekend ('79) at Johnathon Dickenson State Park (FL). It was a "get even" blind date. My best friend (the one getting even) was hooked up with David's cousin. Been camping ever since that weekend.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:36 PM   #14

We'll be celebrating #45 this summer. Started tent camping as a family (4 boys, now men with families) about 33 years ago. Moved up to our first used tent trailer in 1976. Bought a new tent trailer for momma and me in 1982 (boys were "too cool" to camp with mom & dad). Bought our first TT (a TrailManor) in 1998, and moved to our present TT in 2002.

We don't "camp" any more, we enjoy the luxury of RVing. Of course, we now enjoy Best Western, Marriot's and Oxford Suites occasionally when we travel, too!

2002 Thor Tahoe 23FBGL TT, 28'
Paul Heuvelhorst is offline   Reply With Quote